Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I don't like that curtain sticking to my legs. Yuck.

A hint from another cruiser a while ago...don't remember where.

Go to Dollar Tree and pick up some plastic bag clips. I think 6 or 8  to a package.  Clip them to the bottom of the curtain and they will weight it down so it doesn't fly around.

I picked up 2 pkgs. Works great.

Another option is binder clips from the office supplies section (also from Dollar Tree).  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Thank you for the information. What are you charging for community showers in your 15-person- bathroom? LOL! 🤣

I am looking forward to that thalasso pool!😁

We are on the 10 Night Caribbean and the Americas, that overnights in Cartagena. I am running out of things to do/see in Cartagena, since we have been there many times, but Panama will be a new port stop for us.

The crazy friends that I have on this trip have made many jokes that would get them sent to play Monopoly in regard to how many people join me in the shower!

And you are going to LOVE that pool.  Just make sure you pack extra swimsuits if you spend as much time in it as I have... one swimsuit is dang near white (originally dark green / blue), and my swim leggings literally fell apart at the beach today in Antigua.  Needless to say,  there is PLENTY of chlorine in that pool!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, George C said:

Our favorite restaurant has live music every night and they all sing lots of Sinatra, I went to lots of Sinatra concerts including in Madison square garden, Carnegie hall, Cesar place and a few locations in Dallas. 

I wish I would have seen him before he passed. I really did not become a big fan till later in life and really started listening to the beauty of his voice. Also the bands backing him were incredible especially the Count Basie Band when Quincy Jones was writing the arrangements. Incredible!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I wish I would have seen him before he passed. I really did not become a big fan till later in life and really started listening to the beauty of his voice. Also the bands backing him were incredible especially the Count Basie Band when Quincy Jones was writing the arrangements. Incredible!

I am not a regular contributor to this board but often read your interesting threads, they remind me of many happy holidays we have spent all over the US.

The mention of Sinatra reminded me of a visit to New York around 30 years ago, we live near old York in the UK.

We had just arrived at our Hotel and I picked up  copy of the New Yorker magazine with a picture of Sinatra on the cover.

He was performing at the Radio City Music Hall, it was probably one of his last times has he was already getting on.

My Wife was a big fan so next morning we went straight to the box office and managed to get tickets for the Sunday show.

We arrived at the show to find that it was cancelled, he had a sore throat and could not perform.

They offered us tickets for another later show but we would be back home by then.

Has a consolation they gave us a free tour of the theatre which was very interesting.

Afterwards we went down to the ticket office in Times Square and got last minute tickets to see another of my Wife's  favourites Alan Alda in a play, so all was not lost.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 11

We just had dinner with "Chairman of the Board"

He was on the wall right above where my Wife sat at the " Castucci's Italian Restaurant" in Southport, NC.

20221207_170125.jpg

20221207_165117.jpg

20221207_170957.jpg

My Wife had Shrimp Fra Diavolo

20221207_171000.jpg

I had Shrimp Parmigiana

20221207_171003.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@KeksieYour home is ready for Christmas!

Are some of the tree decorations hand made?

They are the best kind!

We have an ornament made by one of our nieces who is now a Mom of two children. We have an ornament they made for us on the tree also.

Wishing all here a pleasant day!

MJ🙋🏻

Thank you.  Most are homemade.  I made some and my mother made others.  Two of my dear friends who knit also contributed.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

He was on the wall right above where my Wife sat at the " Castucci's Italian Restaurant" in Southport, NC.

20221207_170125.jpg

20221207_165117.jpg

20221207_170957.jpg

20221207_171000.jpg

20221207_171003.jpg

There is a Italian restaurant in midtown which was Sinatra favorite called Patsy’s there Italian sauce is in some supermarkets, food is good but not great . What we loved was there was a vase and it had written on it , this vase contains the ash’s of the last customer who complained about the food. 

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

20221207_170125.jpg

20221207_165117.jpg

20221207_170957.jpg

20221207_171000.jpg

I had Shrimp Parmigiana

20221207_171003.jpg

This looks out of this world good!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

@Jimbothose beach photos look amazing. Hope you two enjoyed the day. 

It was a great day for exploring the different beach areas between Southport, NC and Myrtle Beach, SC

You can cover so much ground when traveling  around there out of season when the traffic is so light.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

20221207_170125.jpg

20221207_165117.jpg

20221207_170957.jpg

20221207_171000.jpg

I had Shrimp Parmigiana

20221207_171003.jpg

We like celebrity edge class , great suite perks, my only issue is they have no Italian restaurant on this class , which they have on there other ships.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy Birthday to your Daughter.

How did Toby's appt with dermatologist go the other day?

Thanks,Debbie.The Dermatologist appt was not that good.The site of one of the lesions is on the same leg and very close to where Toby had the Vascular surgery last year.Toby has an appointment tomorrow afternoon with the vascular doctor .He will confer with the skin surgeon and most likely with Toby’s Hematologist.

I hope that you and Eric are enjoying your cruise.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks,Debbie.The Dermatologist appt was not that good.The site of one of the lesions is on the same leg and very close to where Toby had the Vascular surgery last year.Toby has an appointment tomorrow afternoon with the vascular doctor .He will confer with the skin surgeon and most likely with Toby’s Hematologist.

I hope that you and Eric are enjoying your cruise.

I'm sorry to hear about Toby's visit with her dermatologist.  I sure hope her appointment goes well with her vascular doctor tomorrow.🙏

• Like 3