Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Jimbo love the light fitting that you kept from your previous house.  Interested in the pattern in the ceiling.  Did you have that done to match the pendant light?1A64D899-C5AC-42DC-991E-B9F02E718871.thumb.png.276e50b1eb518bf2c10ac290879f362e.png

The ceiling was like that when we moved in...the circle pattern is only around that light fixture in the dining room..

There is some kind of texture though throughout the rest of the ceiling.

My contractor had to try to duplicate is some areas that we had can lights removed and the area where fridge is where ceiling was patched were old walk in pantry was.

They did it with spackling and like a mop head and twisting it.

20230203_152137.jpg

20230203_152149.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Finished watching the series “The Traitors” on Peacock. It a reality tv game where contestants stay at a Scottish castle and play a murder/mystery game while competing in contests to up the prize pool. I was interested because Kate Chastain, chief stew on Below Deck is on it. It’s well done and it was hilarious to see Kate. She is so Kate. I don’t want to give away too much but if you get a chance to watch it I know the fans of “Survivor” will like it too.

Here  is the trailer:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Nice to see legs that don't have a giant scar running down them like mine. 😜

And , it looks like OB’s legs are in their early fifties.  Mentioning legs , I was going down the carpeted stairs this morning when at the 4th step from the bottom my legs buckled. I fell forward on my face and as a result I have a huge rug burn below my nose , abrasions in my mouth , a bump on my nose and a hurt wrist . Blood all over but thankfully I saved my iPhone . 

• Like 16

20 minutes ago, NHProud said:

And , it looks like OB’s legs are in their early fifties.  Mentioning legs , I was going down the carpeted stairs this morning when at the 4th step from the bottom my legs buckled. I fell forward on my face and as a result I have a huge rug burn below my nose , abrasions in my mouth , a bump on my nose and a hurt wrist . Blood all over but thankfully I saved my iPhone . 

Oh no, did you go get yourself checked out?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thank you both for your help!  I sort of understand what to do which in my limited tech knowledge is saying a lot!

Try it out soon.  Don't wait until you board.  If you have any problems I am sure one of us here can help. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Oh boy, hope you heal quickly!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Oh no, did you go get yourself checked out?

We are both still testing positive for Covid .  Nothing seems to be broken.   So will wait to see if anything develops like an infection. 

Thank you ! 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Ouch! Thank goodness you weren’t seriously injured. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NHProud said:

We are both still testing positive for Covid .  Nothing seems to be broken.   So will wait to see if anything develops like an infection. 

Thank you ! 

Covid definitely complicates getting seen anywhere these days.  Feel better soon. 🙂 I am happy the iPhone survived though! 😉😇

• Like 2

Virginia's state-run liquor stores periodically release "limited availability" products by sending an email to subscribers, listing which stores have products they are allowed to release at that moment.  It's a mad dash for interested parties to get to the stores near them.  Today I was close to one when I got the email that products there were being released.  Since my 39 year old son loves bourbon, I decided to head over and see what was available.  I must say it was a bit comical when I got there, seeing a bunch of 40 year old-ish guys running across the parking lot to get into the store.  I went in, and found a line of a dozen or so of these guys already in line to buy whatever was being released.  I joined them in the line, and managed to score a bottle of Blanton's for my son.  Now I am certain you can buy this in other states more easily, but where we live it's something special.  They guy ahead of me in line thought I was cool to be buying it for my son.  I told him my son was worth it.  Hopefully he will like it!

image.thumb.jpeg.37866579e5eeb86d7a169e08cdfa3aba.jpeg

• Like 12

15 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Thanks ! Where are you in the process of getting your 2 nd knee treated ? Are you still looking into getting injections ? 

I got my other knee injected with Syndisc, which is a gel that provides lubricant. So far it’s good. I am also looking into the possibility of a stem cell injection which unfortunately insurance does not cover. I’m hopeful that the Syndisc will do the trick so I can kick the cab down the road. I don’t know if I can mentally go through another knee replacement.

6 minutes ago, derorim said:

Virginia's state-run liquor stores periodically release "limited availability" products by sending an email to subscribers, listing which stores have products they are allowed to release at that moment.  It's a mad dash for interested parties to get to the stores near them.  Today I was close to one when I got the email that products there were being released.  Since my 39 year old son loves bourbon, I decided to head over and see what was available.  I must say it was a bit comical when I got there, seeing a bunch of 40 year old-ish guys running across the parking lot to get into the store.  I went in, and found a line of a dozen or so of these guys already in line to buy whatever was being released.  I joined them in the line, and managed to score a bottle of Blanton's for my son.  Now I am certain you can buy this in other states more easily, but where we live it's something special.  They guy ahead of me in line thought I was cool to be buying it for my son.  I told him my son was worth it.  Hopefully he will like it!

image.thumb.jpeg.37866579e5eeb86d7a169e08cdfa3aba.jpeg

Good score. While I think there is better bourbon out there that is readily available. Blanton’s is very popular and is coveted by a lot of people.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Finished watching the series “The Traitors” on Peacock. It a reality tv game where contestants stay at a Scottish castle and play a murder/mystery game while competing in contests to up the prize pool. I was interested because Kate Chastain, chief stew on Below Deck is on it. It’s well done and it was hilarious to see Kate. She is so Kate. I don’t want to give away too much but if you get a chance to watch it I know the fans of “Survivor” will like it too.

Here  is the trailer:

I will definitely have to check this out, especially since Kate is on it.     Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

Judy, So sorry to hear of your fall.    On a positive note, doesn't sound like you broke anything and You did Save your phone.    Feel better soon💐

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

Thank you ! 

I hear some people test positive for weeks or month+ after having Covid.    They say you are no longer contagious after the first couple of days as long as you broke any fever and are feeling better you probably are no longer contagious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The artic blast reached us today.    We are expecting wind chills tonight with temps of -20 F.

Winds have really picked up here.   I was sitting at a traffic light on my way home from work and boy were they swaying.      Definitely not going anywhere tonight or tomorrow morning.  

I hope everyone stays warm and safe in their homes.    

• Like 7

2 hours ago, NHProud said:

So sorry to hear about your fall today, Judy.  Pretty scary when you feel yourself falling.  Luckily you didn't break anything, but it sure sounds like you are hurting!😔  How are you and your DH feeling, since you are still testing Positive?

• Like 1