Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, derorim said:

I’m still waiting to see a good commercial. So far I feel they have been pretty lame. 

The binky one was cute but otherwise nothing outstanding so far.   The DD commercial with Ben and Jennifer was cute in the very beginning.   I read he loves DD and either before or after shooting the commercial.  Him and J LO hang out at the drive thru and worked there for a couple of hours treating customers to free food once they pulled up to pay.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

ET has confirmed baby #2.

Debbie, Charlie is feeling the stress. He is usually pretty calm but he is just tired of one problem after another.  Now he has stinging foot pain which they say is from the diabetes.

Congrats to her but sorry to hear he is stressed.   Waiting is the worst, especially over a weekend.   We are hoping and praying for the best 💕🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

ET has confirmed baby #2.

Debbie, Charlie is feeling the stress. He is usually pretty calm but he is just tired of one problem after another.  Now he has stinging foot pain which they say is from the diabetes.

Hoping for good news for Charlie next week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have so many good memories of cruise on Adventure but I think I'm glad that I was on Odyssey. There were no food, Windjammer, or crowding issues at all. And both embarkation and debarkation were a breeze. 

Glad you had a good Odyssey cruise and hopefully by now you're feeling much better.

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

All three were on last night's Saturday Night Live.

Learned on there last Night Steve Martin has been the host of that show 17 times, had no idea he had done it that many times. Wonder if anyone else has ever hosted that show longer then that?

It was Martin Short's 4th time as the Host.

This is my concern also for our 14 night cruise in September, we can purchase the UDP for $297 each, but really that's a lot of money and not sure we could eat all that food but if the MDR is really bad which usually we don't go that often there anyway, just how was the Windjammer, usually end of there most nights because we can go just when we get hungry and not be so much on a schedule like the MDR is.

I just wish they kept the classic dinner items on the new menu.  For me, that would work.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Good game, my boys and their dad  did ok on the game.

A friend of mine bet an obscene amount of money on the Eagles called  me when the Chiefs were winning to tell me how he was going to spend his winnings.I was watching Inside Man ,the Netflix series which was great.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owen is collecting a $5 bet from Lisa. He went with the Chiefs, she didn’t. There was a bit of tension in the house hold. Didn’t help that Lisa was rubbing it in during the first half though. 

I was obviously the peacemaker/keeper. 😃 

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

OK, now for the nightmare of debarkation.  I forgot if Ozark and Brillo posted their experiences debarking Allure in Galveston.

RCI has a contract with Lyft to only allow Lyft exclusive rights to enter the Galveston terminal.  No Uber, no taxis so you can imagine how crowded and confusing it gets waiting for your Lyft to come pick you up.  The weather was cold, windy, nasty.  I only had a hoody jacket and was freezing. Cars kept pulling up and everyone waiting ran to see if it was their Lyft car.  We waited one hour in the cold until our car finally made it to the terminal where we were waiting.  At first we were informed our car would pick us up in 7 minutes.  Nice!  After 10 minutes we were informed all cars were busy with passengers and we would have a 20 minute wait.  We waited 30 minutes and finally got the info of our car's license # and make of car.  How happy we were to learn the car had entered the terminal.  We waited and waited in the cold. windy really windy weather.  After what seemed like forever, Jack got a call from the driver asking our location.  We gave them our specific location and were finally picked up.

Oh but it doesn't end there.  All access streets to Seawall Blvd where we had to pick up our car were closed due to the upcoming Mardi Gras parade.  We drove up all streets hoping for an opening but none were available.  We finally made it and I was still shivering even though the car heat was on high the whole way to our car location.

So with the somewhat lousy food, the mass of kids, the crowds, the freezing weather leaving the ship, standing on our feet for an hour (operated ankle still gives me trouble) would we cruise again from Galveston?  We would in a NY minute!  However, next time we might garage our car next to the terminal.

I was unsuccessful transferring some photos I took to this post.  I'll keep trying.  I need to get more memory on my phone. That might do the trick.

Congrats to the Chiefs.  My friends are happy.  Jack didn't have a fave and me?  I stopped watching after half time.  😏

• Like 10

We went to my MIL’s for a birthday turkey lunch today. 

Lucy went we left at 11 was on the side porch. 

5DEE579B-F339-4EFD-894B-5C0E6A6609F1.thumb.jpeg.8b5c4295fe9e18a201b44810d180e89b.jpeg

You going somewhere?

36423A7D-0D99-49D3-9DB3-C55475EC95A5.thumb.jpeg.3a08cf0f39fad5358568e0bc882a77d1.jpeg

Some lunch photos. 

7A7BAD29-5D43-4DC1-8F82-FCC41D5AE04B.thumb.jpeg.d605d99730092d02f90340bfb1644e08.jpeg

E547213F-1769-4086-A87D-64C1AB980884.thumb.jpeg.24c7d9d26aa62ee43866731f415b6342.jpeg

Sharon takes the skin and cooks it a bit more in the oven after to give it a better crisp. This is what it looks like before it goes back in. It’s flavour is what turkey bacon/sausage really should taste like

AF50D00B-7B64-4CB4-85FF-5B569EBDBC9E.thumb.jpeg.0b03e497a6ea3c802d8f3dbb1e68a530.jpeg

My plate. 

D71D947C-D670-484B-8F8B-FC90034CA340.thumb.jpeg.76620c8fc099b8f28846ac138aa789bb.jpeg

One of the birthday cards. Had me laughing. 

2F583CDB-FCE1-4053-841F-579DF8786B8E.thumb.jpeg.e149d34a248d91cc8385ae58d4be0862.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 9

14 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

LOL  Don't change what I say by cherry picking a quote.  I find it interesting that the medicine they push is one that contains a decongestant that many people can not take.  They did not have just a cough suppressant.

Not cherry-picking, I legit didn't understand that this was the angle you intended with the comment.  

I would like to assume that if they had a patient whose history told them that decongestants are contraindicated, they'd recommend / prescribe something different.  Each of the ingredients in Dayquil can be purchased/administered individually.

12 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

OK, now for the nightmare of debarkation.  I forgot if Ozark and Brillo posted their experiences debarking Allure in Galveston.

RCI has a contract with Lyft to only allow Lyft exclusive rights to enter the Galveston terminal.  No Uber, no taxis so you can imagine how crowded and confusing it gets waiting for your Lyft to come pick you up.  The weather was cold, windy, nasty.  I only had a hoody jacket and was freezing. Cars kept pulling up and everyone waiting ran to see if it was their Lyft car.  We waited one hour in the cold until our car finally made it to the terminal where we were waiting.  At first we were informed our car would pick us up in 7 minutes.  Nice!  After 10 minutes we were informed all cars were busy with passengers and we would have a 20 minute wait.  We waited 30 minutes and finally got the info of our car's license # and make of car.  How happy we were to learn the car had entered the terminal.  We waited and waited in the cold. windy really windy weather.  After what seemed like forever, Jack got a call from the driver asking our location.  We gave them our specific location and were finally picked up.

Oh but it doesn't end there.  All access streets to Seawall Blvd where we had to pick up our car were closed due to the upcoming Mardi Gras parade.  We drove up all streets hoping for an opening but none were available.  We finally made it and I was still shivering even though the car heat was on high the whole way to our car location.

So with the somewhat lousy food, the mass of kids, the crowds, the freezing weather leaving the ship, standing on our feet for an hour (operated ankle still gives me trouble) would we cruise again from Galveston?  We would in a NY minute!  However, next time we might garage our car next to the terminal.

I was unsuccessful transferring some photos I took to this post.  I'll keep trying.  I need to get more memory on my phone. That might do the trick.

Congrats to the Chiefs.  My friends are happy.  Jack didn't have a fave and me?  I stopped watching after half time.  😏

We are looking forward to our first cruise in about 5 years from Galveston, saving us lots of money on airfare we will most likely still fly but it will be a cheaper flight, our cruise will be on Harmony which replaces allure in November, going the week after thanksgiving again. I was going to use Lyft I knew Uber wasn’t allowed. We are in suite so we will be walked off by concierge. Wonder if limo is allowed, I am sure we will fly into hobby. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I just wish they kept the classic dinner items on the new menu.  For me, that would work.

I think they should have kept the three top-selling classics (starters, entrees, desserts) on the new menus for every night.  BRING BACK THE APPLE BLOSSOM!!!!  (And not just for MDR lunch on sea days!)

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

RCI has a contract with Lyft to only allow Lyft exclusive rights to enter the Galveston terminal.  No Uber, no taxis so you can imagine how crowded and confusing it gets waiting for your Lyft to come pick you up. 

I've heard this discussed (and that it's the Port Authority, not Royal, who has the agreement with Lyft), but I found NOTHING to confirm it both coming and going.

I didn't see any signage or anyone stopping my Uber from dropping me off at the terminal, nor did I have a problem getting picked up by an Uber at disembarkation.  I had a ride pre-scheduled for 9am and he was probably ten minutes early.  

The only issue I had was with the signage at the terminal -- as I exited, the big sign overhead said "<--- Ride Share" (or similar, but definitely pointing LEFT), and the employee standing directly underneath the sign was hollering that Uber/Lyft was to the RIGHT.  I specifically asked him why the sign pointed left and he was directing us right, and he was totally unaware that the sign that was directly above him pointed in the other direction.  

My driver called me just as I exited the building, and I had to go around the corner (to the right, in spite of the signage) and then I could see the numbered areas and told him I'd be between Pink 4 and Pink 5.  

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, George C said:

We are looking forward to our first cruise in about 5 years from Galveston, saving us lots of money on airfare we will most likely still fly but it will be a cheaper flight, our cruise will be on Harmony which replaces allure in November, going the week after thanksgiving again. I was going to use Lyft I knew Uber wasn’t allowed. We are in suite so we will be walked off by concierge. Wonder if limo is allowed, I am sure we will fly into hobby. 

If allowed , you should look into Über Black . 

• Like 1

@bobmacliberty I haven't posted about your CA trip, because we don't drink wine. But. We have been to quite a few of them during our annual stays in Calistoga at the spas and taking friends. Like Mark, we prefer the Sonoma trail vineyards, rather than the Napa wineries. They are friendlier. Korbel is a beautiful property, and the server usually has the secret code for other places, for free tastings. Chandon is also great, you can purchase a cheese plate and bottle, and sit out on the patio by the pond. Sterling  https://www.sterlingvineyards.com/  has a great tram that takes you up to their mountaintop winery, with beautiful views of the valley. And then there is Opus One (Francis Ford Coppola). FFC has a restaurant, "Rustic" on the grounds. We've never eaten there. It is probably out of our price range. 

Castello Di Amorosa is in Napa. We haven't been there yet, but it looks cool. https://castellodiamorosa.com/    The only wine I really like is from Hop Kiln. It is probably not that great of a wine, but I like it. It is a little bit sweet. They are in huge barn building, with a duck pond in the back. If you pick up sandwiches, you can picnic in the back. And Beringer is fun, it is a little tour, (or it was) and they have wine caves. https://www.beringer.com/

Enjoy your visit. Just a few suggestions. We kind of like interesting places to visit, and a lot of them are. ☺️

• Like 2

Correction Opus One is Mondavi, and invitation only. Francis Ford Coppola has his own winery and restaurant. https://www.francisfordcoppolawinery.com/  His onsite restaurant is "Rustic" . It looks interesting, but we have never been to either one.  https://www.francisfordcoppolawinery.com/dine-at-the-winery

Stupid time limit. Plus, it ate my other links. 🙄 Most people probably type faster than I do.

Edited by Coralc
  • Haha 1