Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I knew there would be doubters and haters after the Chiefs won the SB. Part of me does not even want to respond. Some of you are angry, some sad, some want to blame the refs. The refs did not win this game for the Chiefs. The Eagles blew it plain and simple in the second half. Here are the facts:

1. Eagles got 0 stops in second half

2. Eagles gave up 24 points

3. Eagles gave up longest punt return in Super Bowl history.

4. Super Bowl teams with a double digit lead at halftime in history are 26-1 going into that game. The only blown lead being the Falcons and the Patriots. Eagles now join that group as a second half meltdown team to lose a SB.

5. James Bradberry admitted to holding Ju Ju Schuster

6. Eagles had no Quarterback sacks

I’m not sorry for anything. The Eagles are a great team and will win a Super Bowl in the future. Let’s accept the outcome and move on. I am done discussing this any further. I have more important things to get excited about like the Bella Cruise.

Congrats on the Chiefs Super Bowl win Greg! No sour grapes here, they earned it. The Eagles didn’t play well in the second half and you simply can’t do that against Mahomes and expect to hold a lead.  
I was underwhelmed by the half time show. I don’t know her music and I’m sure she’s very talented but all the weird costumes, dancing marshmallows and gyrations imitating s** acts are a distraction from real talent.  If you have a great voice, just come out and sing for crying out loud!  

• Like 11

Just wanted to tell you about a product I used for the first time after coming home from a Super Bowl party.

BA3386AD-7727-4B4A-B77F-724C8BC5835B.thumb.jpeg.b342ce1c79a60bf3f782ff017fa43fa5.jpeg

After drinking over 14 beers and a couple of shots (really I’m not an alcoholic but it was a great party) I poured this powder in a big glass of water and drank it all. It is supposed to replace electrolytes and help eliminate a hangover. This morning I felt great even though I was still tired from the late night. I’m sold on this and bring it along to the Bella Cruise so I can keep up with @John&LaLa @A&L_Ont @Ourusualbeach and others. To quote Travis Kelcie after the Super Bowl, “You got to fight, for your right, to Parrrrr-Tyyyyyy.!

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Just wanted to tell you about a product I used for the first time after coming home from a Super Bowl party.

After drinking over 14 beers and a couple of shots (really I’m not an alcoholic but it was a great party) I poured this powder in a big glass of water and drank it all. It is supposed to replace electrolytes and help eliminate a hangover. This morning I felt great even though I was still tired from the late night. I’m sold on this and bring it along to the Bella Cruise so I can keep up with @John&LaLa @A&L_Ont @Ourusualbeach and others. To quote Travis Kelcie after the Super Bowl, “You got to fight, for your right, to Parrrrr-Tyyyyyy.!

I use something similar called nuun hydration. I’ll drink 1-2 a day while cruising.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

We used to go to Epcot every year when my daughter was doing competitive dance.  The Dance Worlds competition was held there in the World Showcase Pavilion between the Canada and UK Pavilions.  This is like a lot of kids sports where you're there for 8 hours but your kid is actually performing for a couple of minutes here and there.  We had a LOT of downtime and quickly learned about the Rose & Crown Pub (UK), a beer cart in front of Canada that sold Moosehead, and even some sort of bacon flavored beer sold in front of the American Pavilion. 

One of the alumni from my daughter's dance studio who was then old enough to legally drink made up her own version of an Epcot passport.  You had to get a picture taken of doing something (typically wearing a hat representative of that country from their gift shop) and drink something (typically a local beer) from each country in the Epcot World Showcase.  One of the Disney employees (sorry...cast members) had to witness and stamp your passport.  It was a lot of fun for the parents while the kids were changing costumes and rehearsing in the back room.

Eventually, the competition outgrew the World Showcase Pavilion, and they moved it to the Coronado Springs convention center.  Not nearly as much fun as it could have been a convention center anywhere.

What used to be our go to restaurant was Le Cellier Steakhouse.  Later we started doing the Italian restaurant.  We could not get in tonight so we went to England tfor fish and chips.  Good. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

What used to be our go to restaurant was Le Cellier Steakhouse.  Later we started doing the Italian restaurant.  We could not get in tonight so we went to England tfor fish and chips.  Good. 

Let me get this straight. You can't get into your restaurant of choice so you go over to England for fish and chips? 🤔

Covid brain fog must be setting in. 😐

• Haha 4

Quick question for @A&L_Ont and anyone else who might have a recommendation. My upcoming Oasis cruise is our 30th Anniversary and I'm trying to do everything first class. DW deserves an awful lot having put up with me for all these years.

I remember one Andrew's live reviews where you did a stretch limo of some sort for transport to the cruise ship.  Do you, or anybody else willing to chime in with their experience, have a recommendation on who to use for that service. In the past I've had hit and miss results at other locations.  I've never done it in Miami and when I search reviews I find a lot of mixed reviews but nothing that breeds great confidence. I want everything to be perfect.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Let me get this straight. You can't get into your restaurant of choice so you go over to England for fish and chips? 🤔

Covid brain fog must be setting in. 😐

I think he is at Epcot center.  I think by England he means the United Kingdom Pavilion at Epcot Center.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I think he is at Epcot center.  I think by England he means the United Kingdom Pavilion at Epcot Center.  

Thanks. I should just stop reading. This thread is hard enough to keep up with and I'm missing too much for posts to make sense. And I'm trying to catch up with Below Deck at the same time. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks. I should just stop reading. This thread is hard enough to keep up with and I'm missing too much for posts to make sense. And I'm trying to catch up with Below Deck at the same time. 

It is tough.  Sometimes if I've been away for a bit I just jump into the last three pages and try to pick it up again.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Quick question for @A&L_Ont and anyone else who might have a recommendation. My upcoming Oasis cruise is our 30th Anniversary and I'm trying to do everything first class. DW deserves an awful lot having put up with me for all these years.

I remember one Andrew's live reviews where you did a stretch limo of some sort for transport to the cruise ship.  Do you, or anybody else willing to chime in with their experience, have a recommendation on who to use for that service. In the past I've had hit and miss results at other locations.  I've never done it in Miami and when I search reviews I find a lot of mixed reviews but nothing that breeds great confidence. I want everything to be perfect.

I’ve used Larry’s Limo several times to go from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale or reverse.  Was always very pleased with their service.  I’ve just done basic nice cars but they can go all out as well.  Give them a call!

https://www.larryslimo.com/service.html

For 30th book a suite or try to upgrade with move up .we did move up for ours on celebrity to penthouse doubt that we would do that again but she loved it.

Edited by George C

Try this, they have some very nice rides in Miami. Book Lux Black XL

https://www.lyft.com/rider/cities/miami-fl

Lux Black XL is our most spacious luxury ride. Piloted by a top driver, this black car comfortably seats six passengers.

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The ending of BD was very interesting. Is Sandy about to can Alissa? I'd love to see it and her reaction. 

5 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Yes and yes!

If you are really interested in knowing the answer now, you can google and see the title of next weeks show and the synopsis.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Not marathon week we know to not go then....We were there 6 days from January 20th to January 26th.

Well don't you know.  The sun goes down and it seemed like the numbers doubled.  I am guessing park hoppers coming over for the fireworks. Wait time for Ratatouille went to 60 minutes.  Might explain your experience.  Glad we road it first thing in the morning. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Well don't you know.  The sun goes down and it seemed like the numbers doubled.  I am guessing park hoppers coming over for the fireworks. Wait time for Ratatouille went to 60 minutes.  Might explain your experience.  Glad we road it first thing in the morning. 

We used Lightning Lanes and walked right in on that ride, no wait..............has your group been using any Lightning Lanes for rides?

54 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We used Lightning Lanes and walked right in on that ride, no wait..............has your group been using any Lightning Lanes for rides?

No lightning Lanes this time but Genie+. 

We did the virtual que on Guardian of the Galaxy.

The girls did all the planning and Sharon just let me know that the park opened 1/2 early for those staying at a resort so that is why we were able to get on Ratatouille easy.  Also the resort is opened an hour later tonight for those staying at a deluxe resort. 

When Ratatouille first opened we were here with our cruise friends.  We did quick back to back rides on Ratatouille by using the lightning lane and Virtual Que. 

• Like 3