Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Me in the narrow lane —

the first meal by the personal “chef”

and the serenity of gondolas —

95D7F0B7-CA4E-484D-B071-1AC9E545477E.jpeg

31712D66-FBA6-4437-B7AF-1811E54F38AB.jpeg

IMG_7448.MOV

So happy to hear you arrived safely.   Horrible travel but seeing the smile on your face is beautiful.🥰

Food looks great too!

Enjoy to the fullest.💕

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Dani, have a wonderful rest of your trip!!!!!!

Greg, good job on the proposal👍

Deb, feel better, let the kids pamper you😳

Thankful MRI screening went well.   Has Charlie had a recent upper endoscopy?   The last one Eric had showed minor ulcers from his acid reflux which is brought on by the meds he has to take.  

Plus he constantly plays the game of constipation or the other.   But hey he's alive and kicking😃

• Like 3

On 2/13/2023 at 4:21 AM, sgmn said:

Can you get ITVX in the States, its a spin off streaming service from ITV and is free over here 

Screenshot_20230213-091825_Chrome.thumb.jpg.409c57f98d77aff7043da37cd88da0a7.jpg

Unfortunately, no. It's blocked outside the UK.

There are ways around that - such as using a VPN - but that seems to be a bit involved.  I may just pay the $5.99 when I'm ready to watch it again, binge watch the show & cancel after a month or two.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

VD became STDs years ago. Kids today don't even recognize VD's former connotation. Now STDs have become STIs. We don't want to traumatized our kids by telling them they have a disease. Now they are just infections... Like when you get an earache...🙄

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

Sigh.

Wonder how long before STI become IBCTI (Intimate Body Contact Transmitted Infections) because, you know, don't want to mention the "S" word. 😄

• Haha 13

I know I’m a day late on my Super Bowl thoughts but that’s because 1) I’m not a football fan and 2) I didn’t watch the game live. I recorded it and watched it the next morning before learning the score.

Took me a little over an hour to watch all 5 hours. Seemed like a good back-and-forth game but the real reason I stopped watching Super Bowls live (unless I’m at a watch party) is that there is just waaayyy to much pomp-and-circumstance. When it takes 10 minutes to perform a coin-flip, complete with slow motion videos, back stories and dramatic music, well, it tells me that this is more of a TV spectacle and the game is secondary.

Half time show was ok, nothing spectacular. Which might be a good thing as they seem to always try to top the previous year’s half time show. I mean, it is a football game and not a concert or opening ceremonies of the Olympics.  Which actually gives me an idea. Instead of having some almost washed-up superstar trying to revitalize their careers, how about local talent from the 2 cities playing (or 3 if you count the host city)?

Commercials – liked the Breaking Bad “Pop Corners” and Crown Royal “Thank you Canada” commercials.  Didn’t know Peanut Butter was a Canadian invention. So you thank you Canada! Also thought the TUBI commercial that had scary looking bunnies dragging people from the homes and cars in order to throw them down a never ending hole was very clever as we all sometimes go do the “rabbit hole”.  Workdays ‘Rock Star” was enjoyable and was John Travolta& Bradley Coopers T-Mobile ads.

Rant over, spring training is just around the corner and hockey playoffs in less than 2 months!

• Like 14

@sgmn Happy Birthday Sue.  Hope you had lovely birthday celebrations with the family & everyone was well enough to be join in.

@ReneeFLL & @Sea Dog Happy Wedding Anniversary Renee & Mike and Happy proposal day anniversary to Greg & Linda

@dani negreanu the print/painting in your lovely apartment in Venice is appropriate for Valentines Day.  Loving the videos.  The pasta looks delish.  Must try it one day.

Glad you enjoyed the books @sgmn and I recommended.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Ocean Boy hope you are feeling better.  DS got Covid in Canada recently.  Having had it in Australia with barely any symptoms, the Canadian version knocked him for a six.  Similar to you with the very painful throat, cough & loss of taste.  Took him 2 weeks to recover.  Thankfully he didn’t get any of the fatigue.

He’s fully recovered now. Hopefully you will be too soon.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Ocean Boy hope you are feeling better.  DS got Covid in Canada recently.  Having had it in Australia with barely any symptoms, the Canadian version knocked him for a six.  Similar to you with the very painful throat, cough & loss of taste.  Took him 2 weeks to recover.  Thankfully he didn’t get any of the fatigue.

He’s fully recovered now. Hopefully you will be too soon.

Thanks. Yesterday was a good day other than a lingering cough that periodically rears its head. Last night was another one early to bed. I just ran out of energy. This morning I am feeling really good and my head seems very clear too. I'll see how the day plays out but right now I feel like it is behind me. 

• Like 23

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks. Yesterday was a good day other than a lingering cough that periodically rears its head. Last night was another one early to bed. I just ran out of energy. This morning I am feeling really good and my head seems very clear too. I'll see how the day plays out but right now I feel like it is behind me. 

This is great news.  As for yesterday and early to bed, it was Valentines Day.😉 (joke font on)

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@DaniDanielle Marietta, glad we’re not talking about the Big C.

@NHProud Judy, thanks for your well wishes via email. Got it on our way to the airport and I have a bug in my phone — I can only send emails when I’m at home, not in the car or abroad…

Yesterday — flying from Tel Aviv to Venice via Athens — I’ve never felt so helpless in my entire life to the point of wanting to sit down near the boarding gate and cry myself senseless….

Originally I’ve booked a DIRECT flight for today, due to land in Venice early afternoon. 2 weeks after I got an email, that the flight will depart instead at 5pm, landing almost at 9pm. The apartment was already booked for February 14 to 18. 

The only available flight was a day earlier and via Athens, with the same company.  Whenever we had no choice but to book a connecting flight, we always booked with the same company, and all was OK.

Booked another night at a hotel, since the apt. wasn’t free. Not the best situation, but I took it in a stride.

So yesterday morning the flight departed late. Along with 2 other couples, we asked the crew what are our options, should the connection be too tight. She told us “there is no other flight today to Venice. The plane will wait for you, along with a “connection agent” who will take care of you. No worries…”

Turns out buses are used and we sat in the bus until the last passenger got in, along with a mom of twins, who needed 5 hands + help. All this time “the connection agent (CA)” is with us, telling us that boarding has begun, but…. you guessed “no worries”. 

Finally at the terminal CA started to rush us, practically running ahead. The 2 young couples keep up with him, I ran with the carry on and the hand bag somewhere in between and hubby barely makes it in the back. After turning one two many corners, I yell at CA that we can’t keep with him…. Somehow I “catch” him at…. border control, he’s “negotiating” that all 6 of us will skip the line… I ask “we’re in TRANSIT”, why should we pass border control when we don’t stay in Greece?” He just says “that’s it”, you’re on your own and leaves…

We pass b.c., then security, and, then, of course is gate 27 out of 30… We run and run, and find at the end the 2 couples deceived… the bus to the plane left. When asked about “no worries” the agent at the closed boarding said “we don’t wait for anybody”, go to the service desk and they’ll put you in another flight….

So, in the end, it took 3 flights to reach Venice (via Belgrade, with Air Serbia) and we got there… you guessed, at 9PM (left home at 5am).

Oh Dani, how awful. I'm so sorry you've had this hassle. Having worked at major airports for forty years dealing with missed connections I know how stressful and frustrating it can be. Thank goodness you had through tickets so the airlines are responsible for you. What a long and tiring day. Seems crazy you were at border control, as you said you should just go through the transit control. I wonder if it's something to do with EU law?

Glad the rental apartment is everything you hoped it would be and that the bad beginning turns into an amazing holiday 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

Thanks to Dani and everyone else for my lovely happy birthday wishes. I truly appreciate them. 

We had planned a day at the coast for a walk along the beach with lunch but circumstance intervened.

My little grandson has multiple allergies including dairy, eggs, peanuts and legumes. My son and DIL have decided to try desensitisation treatment, starting with peanuts and eggs.  Hoping that eventually he can have cooked eggs in a cake for instance . The clinic was in North London and run by a well known expert in allergies here in the UK.

Matt wanted some help and support so we spent yesterday mainly on the motorway 

It went well (had an eight of one corn snack that had peanuts as an ingredient). Over 4 months it will build up to four corn snacks. 

We had cake and bubbles 🍾  in the evening with other son and family and sister in law so that was lovely.

I hope everyone had a fun and loving valentines ❤ 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 15

7 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DS got Covid in Canada recently.  Having had it in Australia with barely any symptoms, the Canadian version knocked him for a six.  Similar to you with the very painful throat, cough & loss of taste.  Took him 2 weeks to recover.

Oh, yikes! Sorry he was so sick. I thought Covid got less serious with each subsequent infection. I wonder if different variants are better/worse than others. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Thanks to Dani and everyone else for my lovely happy birthday wishes. I truly appreciate them. 

We had planned a day at the coast for a walk along the beach with lunch but circumstance intervened.

My little grandson has multiple allergies including dairy, eggs, peanuts and legumes. My son and DIL have decided to try desensitisation treatment, starting with peanuts and eggs.  Hoping that eventually he can have cooked eggs in a cake for instance . The clinic was in North London and run by a well known expert in allergies here in the UK.

It went well (had an eight of one corn snack that had peanuts as an ingredient). Over 4 months it will build up to four corn snacks. 

We had cake and bubbles 🍾  in the evening with other son and family and sister in law so that was lovely.

It is hard watching the little ones go through all of that.  My grandson had a number of sensitivities/allergies for his 1st year.  It was so bad my daughter would make  something with an egg in it which she would eat, then breast feed him and he would have a reaction.  She was basically eating meat, potatoes and vegetables for months.  Fortunately by the time he was a year old he had outgrown just about all.  On the other hand he now has what has been diagnosed, at just over 3, as an overactive immune system causing other issues. 

Hoping all goes well with your grandson.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Happy Birthday to you. Sounds like a crazy and fun day. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, akcruz said:

On the other hand he now has what has been diagnosed, at just over 3, as an overactive immune system causing other issues. 

April, I am so sorry to hear this about your grandson.  Having 3 grandchildren out of 7 with health problems, I understand what you are going through.  Best wishes for your little grandson.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

After a hectic day, it's good to hear that your evening was lovely, with your cake and bubbles!

I'm glad that the desensitisation treatment has begun and that it went well for your little guy.  In the past, I've heard of mothers sitting outside a hospital and feeding their child peanut butter, just in case there may be a reaction to the peanuts, they'd be right there if needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/14/2023 at 9:26 AM, Lionesss said:

I do not know if anyone else noticed this but we  must be in a dry spell for some RCI LIVE THREADS.

Here ya go.  No food pics.  We were on a world cruise yesterday.  As fast as it went it makes it feel like a small world. 

image.thumb.png.a03d13f90324ecec1757a056a9e721cb.png

image.thumb.png.5a23860fbad361603aee52388e3c5e74.png

Lottie was enjoying. 

image.thumb.png.c7a83fdcd35edc94db2412e3d94f3589.png

image.thumb.png.395c27368bccbb0bb64d4e08c8b37dc5.png

I thought it was funny to see a balloon flying above China. 

image.thumb.png.ca64024c8da58e5dd8d171b1aa624db4.png

image.thumb.png.244601b4978f7609cda82c7c2e926adb.png

image.thumb.png.ad8cdd8a1c9f9e82fe29df73dbeb2168.png

image.thumb.png.4033e577865bd27d2e1bfd49e5f8f8ac.png

Got an idea how Hawaii will be like in May. 

image.thumb.png.a53cfe8a993a5748d4feea6d6504b5be.png

And for the flowrider riders... 

image.thumb.png.dc2210732fa70d349e69b35b86fd7f06.png

When we got off at Port and met a couple of princesses. 

image.thumb.png.fd6442084de5cd1982de32ba514f77c0.png

• Like 26
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Glad to hear you are feeling better. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Here ya go.  No food pics.  We were on a world cruise yesterday.  As fast as it went it makes it feel like a small world. 

image.thumb.png.a03d13f90324ecec1757a056a9e721cb.png

image.thumb.png.5a23860fbad361603aee52388e3c5e74.png

Lottie was enjoying. 

image.thumb.png.c7a83fdcd35edc94db2412e3d94f3589.png

image.thumb.png.395c27368bccbb0bb64d4e08c8b37dc5.png

I thought it was funny to see a balloon flying above China. 

image.thumb.png.ca64024c8da58e5dd8d171b1aa624db4.png

image.thumb.png.244601b4978f7609cda82c7c2e926adb.png

image.thumb.png.ad8cdd8a1c9f9e82fe29df73dbeb2168.png

image.thumb.png.4033e577865bd27d2e1bfd49e5f8f8ac.png

Got an idea how Hawaii will be like in May. 

image.thumb.png.a53cfe8a993a5748d4feea6d6504b5be.png

And for the flowrider riders... 

image.thumb.png.dc2210732fa70d349e69b35b86fd7f06.png

When we got off at Port and met a couple of princesses. 

image.thumb.png.fd6442084de5cd1982de32ba514f77c0.png

Experiencing Disney through the eyes of a child (children) is truly magical.

When we were at Disney World when our daughter was 5, a spotlight beamed on her sweet face during the night time parade.  Her face was full of wonder, her mouth open with such joy, I couldn't take my eyes off of her to get out my camera to take her picture.  I didn't think any picture could capture that magic.

You're blessed to see that magic in your grandkids eyes.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1