Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I’ll share some info and a few pictures as we go…hopefully. 

Looking forward to seeing some pictures. I read in one of your previous posts that you are planning on going to Laird vineyard in Napa. Hopefully your experience will be just as positive as mine was.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Anyone else seeing this large number in upper right of page?

Screenshot_20230221-104945_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5f543717ba36213924dc310117c9007e.jpg

It seems a recent addition

Could be how many weeks you have played Monopoly  since you were a member.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 7

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Rarely access via anything but phone

If you see all the obvious typos I had in post # 87620, you'll understand why I rarely post from my phone. 😄

Maybe it is time to upgrade to a bigger phone. Those that follow the FOB thread will get what I mean.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Pls. see final thoughts below

Alhambra was amazing. I'm sure on the 2nd visit, you'll see details you've missed on the first.

Our Venice trip is over. We got home late Saturday night (motzey shabat). Of course, nothing food-shopping wise is open so late, and if some non-kosher supers are open, they don't have fresh produce, since Friday and Saturday.... And Sunday is also takes time to replenish. We stocked today.

We'll fly to Marrakesh on March 19th, the day some of the lucky ones of you will debark Oasis... I'll have all the week to follow your adventures and be jealous 😢

We enjoyed our trip to Venice and fulfilled a long-time dream of living like a Venetian and eat fresh sea food products. We had 2 days of beautiful and freezing weather, and we're grateful for those.

It was a real treat to buy at the sea food market. Hubby kept whispering: "Did you check how much are those"? Me: "I don't CARE"... In the end, after really going "wild", the bill was 39 Euro, which lasted us 2 gourmet evening meals, and the 2nd time, even cheaper -- 36 Euro, again, for 2 gourmet evening meals.

For lunch we took away an amazing pizza (3X), a few mins walk from our rental. It was pipping hot still when we got "home". The last day we finished all the pizza left overs.

I've splurged for my fav raspberries, and found a new version of blueberries, enormous, flat [think IRobot] and very sturdy. I've bought 6 packets for the flying home day, and they sustained us very well.

It was one of the cheapest stays, food wise.

Nevertheless, we don't plan to return any time soon. For us, it's an exhausting city.... 

If you're tired of walking, you can't just call a taxi home. Of course, you can take the waterbus, but first, you have to reach the nearest station, spend some time in it, and then, if you're lucky, your accommodation isn't far from the station. So, proximity to a waterbus station is very important.

As an example, Saturday -- woke up when it was still dark, checked up to see if the waterbus we needed to reach the Bus Station is not cancelled due to the foggy weather. Thankfully, it was running. Walk with our carry ons only 5 minutes on the uneven and narrow lane to the nearest waterbus station. Wait for it in the freezing cold. 30 minutes later we're at the Bus Station. 10 mins walk to the airport bus. Wait for it in the freezing cold for 20 mins. Travel to the airport - 70 mins. Arriving the required 3 hours before. One hour before boarding, at the low cost gate -- a very long line, no seats. Then you wait OUTSIDE the gate, to be herded, walking, to the plane, climbing the stairs with our luggage.

Mercifully, they were on time. Almost 4 hours flight, not even a glass of water was offered free of charge...

First time ever I was so happy that our trip was over and I'm finally at home....

We visited Venice in 2004 with another couple, we did book our hotel near the water bus, but we arrived via bus from Marco Polo, after lugging 2 suitcases and backpack over the 4 bridges and no straight pathway, I swore to never travel like that again.  We usually only have a total of 2 suitcases for both of us. Venice is lovely, but it is a challenge to get around especially with suitcases.

jc

• Like 2

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

332526044_713961813746428_6726901978162350478_n.jpg

This reminds me of a time a lady drove by that me and Sharon knew but hadn't seen in a while.  I said, I have never seen her in a bad mood.  Sharon snapped back, I hope not!  I ask her what she thought I just said.  She answered, I never seen her in the bed nude!  😂 I laughed and said, not that either.  😂 

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Anyone else seeing this large number in upper right of page?

Screenshot_20230221-104945_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5f543717ba36213924dc310117c9007e.jpg

It seems a recent addition

I have noticed it for the last couple of days.  My Samsung phone also shows a box with an X in it next to the number which usually is a symbol of the phone not have that character. 

image.thumb.png.78f868a4a3d666d00ec184b4fd8f1e92.png

3 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Last Thanksgiving, the three of us went on a 4-day cruise from Galveston to Cozumel on Adventure for about $1700. It was great, and I have been looking into doing the same this Thanksgiving. For the exact same ports, exact same holiday weekend, but on Voyager instead of Adventure (similar but older), the price would be nearly $3300 this year! Nearly twice as much! 😫

I may have to (gasp!) resort to Carnival for a more affordable price that week. Carnival is fine, but we prefer Royal. But to save a ton of cash, I'd do it. I'll keep watching the prices for a little longer.

Bethany, did you book with RCI direct?  The cost can be significantly lower with a TA if you can be booked in a group.  Our 5 night Adventure cruise 2 weeks ago was less than $800 total for both of us.  Your cruise no doubt was significantly higher because it was Thanksgiving and you were 3.

41 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

BTW, our stateroom attendant just told us that the once a day service starts next cruise,

Will we be able to choose which time?  I prefer coming back to our cabin from a busy day to a clean cabin, bed made, fresh towels.  

New MDR menu, once a day housekeeping service, lobster only on 7+ night cruises.  G-r-r-r-r-r

Previous G-r-r-r-r-r is just MHO.  Wouldn't stop me from cruising.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Bethany, did you book with RCI direct?  The cost can be significantly lower with a TA if you can be booked in a group.  Our 5 night Adventure cruise 2 weeks ago was less than $800 total for both of us.  Your cruise no doubt was significantly higher because it was Thanksgiving and you were 3.

I have not booked yet, but I typically use an online TA website that offers group rates. It was the same site when I booked last year and then shopping prices this year, which is why I was so surprised by the huge increase.

• Like 1