Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

My youngest granddog is coming here tomorrow for the day and sleeping over.I am trying to plan activities.I am thinking of watching Baseball,Basketball or looking out the window at the cat across the street.

Sounds like a nice little saturday.  bird watching is also fun for my dog.  She is an English Setter so she has instincts for birds that are unbelievable.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Sounds like a nice little saturday.  bird watching is also fun for my dog.  She is an English Setter so she has instincts for birds that are unbelievable.

We do not have that many birds in the area.Unfortunately we have too many geese .

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I don't think it was the pole reference that caused the problem.  I think it was the images that resulted from the Google search on a certain male bathing suit that uses the minimal amount of material possible while still providing cover.

Ahh...I missed that part of the post.   Tough to keep up on that thread with everyone having lots of fun.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 9:03 PM, Husky1987 said:

I usually only fill out one bracket, purely for entertainment purposes 🙂  I have Gonzaga winning this year.

Three of my long-time buddies and I have gotten together every year since about 1992 for the first weekend of March Madness.  Started out in Las Vegas, then when we got too old to hang there for four days we've usually met in Kansas City (where I went to law school and two of the gang live).  This year it's at my old roommate's beach house in South Carolina.

For us, it's not about the bracket anymore as much as we pretty much bet every game...and often have 2 or 3 bets on each game (over/under, first half, full game, etc 🤣).  It's four days of non-stop basketball, golf, and just a little bit of drinking.

Bye Bye Purdue.Even though I had them in my Final 4 I am so happy that they lost to FDU.

I have been a FDU fan for more than 60 years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you both.

No, it's not too late, and the b'day wishes are gratefully received, as well as those of not the "usual suspects" as @Vibe, @ownedbypets and @voyager70.

Many thanks also to @Arzeena, @bobmacliberty, @helen haywood, @Ozark_Kid, @Momof3gurlz, @Keksie and @reallyitsmema 🌷

I don’t do the Happy B-D, happy Anniversary, happy whatever stuff. 

However for Dani, I will make an exception, sorry to be late, but happy birthday to a person I wish to meet before I die.

jc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2023 at 10:38 AM, dani negreanu said:

Moreover, I'm buying as much as I can kindle books for our next trip

Dani (and other readers), are you aware of all the various FREE books you can get for Kindle?  I get an email every day with various free offerings.  I currently have over 10,000 books and I haven't paid for a single one! 

These are current books from lesser-known authors that are free for a day (or until a certain number are claimed), often to get one interested in a new author so you'll go back and actually purchase more books.  

The service I use is Freebooksy, but there are several different services available.  You let them know which genres you're interested in when you sign up (romance, non-fiction, mystery, etc.), and they send you that day's offerings in those genres.  You can also just go to the website and look up that day's freebies, but the once-a-day newsletter email is easiest for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, Key guests have priority boarding.   If the price is a lot more than internet I probably would bother getting it and just check in when you wake up (no need to stay up to midnight, in my opinion).    Quite honestly, I am not sure if people are adhering to their check in times anymore.

No one cared, and no one checked, what time you were scheduled for in Ft. Lauderdale end of January.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Dani (and other readers), are you aware of all the various FREE books you can get for Kindle?  I get an email every day with various free offerings.  I currently have over 10,000 books and I haven't paid for a single one! 

These are current books from lesser-known authors that are free for a day (or until a certain number are claimed), often to get one interested in a new author so you'll go back and actually purchase more books.  

The service I use is Freebooksy, but there are several different services available.  You let them know which genres you're interested in when you sign up (romance, non-fiction, mystery, etc.), and they send you that day's offerings in those genres.  You can also just go to the website and look up that day's freebies, but the once-a-day newsletter email is easiest for me.

We use kindle unlimited.  For $10 a month you can borrow up to 10 books at a time.  When you finish one you return it and can then get a new one.  DH reads a LOT and it’s a great deal for us.  Not all authors are part of it, but enough that there’s always something to read.  Last year they had an offer for a year for $99.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I just checked and my email is also an old address from when I set up CC that no longer exists.  I couldn't even find a way to change it.  I'm thinking that email address is what defines my account and if I want a different email address, I'll need to set up a new account.  Nope.

The only way to change your email address here on CC is to email one of The Powers That Be and ask them to change it for you.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Keksie said:

For those in the know - if we have the key I don't have to worry about being online at midnight to check in.  I can check in the next morning, get an arrival time and just show up when we want to.  Correct?

Correct, Key folks get to go in before any of the check-in times, so it doesn't matter what time you get assigned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, Key guests have priority boarding.   If the price is a lot more than internet I probably would bother getting it and just check in when you wake up (no need to stay up to midnight, in my opinion).    Quite honestly, I am not sure if people are adhering to their check in times anymore.

We were just discussing when we want to board in Hawaii.   The earliest check-in is 3:30 pm, sail away 9pm.  This will probably be the 1st time we will not try to board the earliest.  

• Like 1

@Sunshine3601

We were talking about starting seeds.  After this Monday the temperature here is supposed to stay above 40⁰. Tuesday I will plant my cold plants,  broccoli,  Brussel sprouts and Kohlrabi. Friday lettuce. I moved some of the lettuce from the 2.5" pots to 5" pots.  The trays with the 5" pots hold 8 and the trays with 2.5" pots 32.

image.thumb.png.d00b55a05c3e89b86b0d46756d6d28f3.png

• Like 10

Went to another great show tonight The Orchestra which members are all ex ELO members, loads of other great cover groups and other acts main problem is there will be a few shows at the same time so you must pick and choose. Had breakfast is suite restaurant, lunch in sushi and dinner in Italian with a nice bottle of duckhorn merlot , will post some pictures later. We had a nice conversation with a couple staying in the penthouse, earlier they said they will miss next years cruise since they had a wedding in Ireland, today there leaning to skipping that to attend cruise.

• Like 10

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Play fetch 😁

In the evening whilst we're watching TV, our border Collie loves us to throw a ball down the hall, she brings it back and can do it time after time. Keeps her busy and tires her out

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

No one cared, and no one checked, what time you were scheduled for in Ft. Lauderdale end of January.

Exactly, noone checked or cared about our check in time for our December cruise.

I definitely would not buy the key thinking it would get me onboard sooner.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sunshine3601

We were talking about starting seeds.  After this Monday the temperature here is supposed to stay above 40⁰. Tuesday I will plant my cold plants,  broccoli,  Brussel sprouts and Kohlrabi. Friday lettuce. I moved some of the lettuce from the 2.5" pots to 5" pots.  The trays with the 5" pots hold 8 and the trays with 2.5" pots 32.

image.thumb.png.d00b55a05c3e89b86b0d46756d6d28f3.png

Nice!!

Voom question.  We have it for one device.  I know that means that only one of our devices can be on at a time. We just take turns at night checking our email.

For our phones:

Can the device that is on receive texts from home?  I know we can use wifi calling to make a call.  Can the device that is not on at the time still be in airplane mode and use the app?  

11 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Voom question.  We have it for one device.  I know that means that only one of our devices can be on at a time. We just take turns at night checking our email.

For our phones:

Can the device that is on receive texts from home?  I know we can use wifi calling to make a call.  Can the device that is not on at the time still be in airplane mode and use the app?  

Yes, the device that is currently connected can send and receive texts from home.  It can also do Wi-Fi calling if you set it up before leaving home.  The other phone can access the app at anytime, by being logged into the ship Wi-Fi. 

when the second phone connects to Voom, it will automatically knock the other one off.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Keksie said:

For our phones:

Is it an iphone?  I only receive” iMessage” text messages when connected to wi-fi in airplane modes.  Text messages from non-iphone users don’t come through until I turn cellular back on.  Not sure how non-apple devices would work if that would be different.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Is it an iphone?  I only receive” iMessage” text messages when connected to wi-fi in airplane modes.  Text messages from non-iphone users don’t come through until I turn cellular back on.  Not sure how non-apple devices would work if that would be different.

Android here. I get texts in airplane mode when connected to the internet through wifi.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2