Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

36 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

WOW! Off the boards for a couple of days, and I’m 9 pages behind🙀.

Currently on Celebrity Solstice for a 7 night Pacific Coastal cruise.  
When I disembark on Sat., I walk over to the next pier and board Discovery Princess for another Coastal cruise.

Hope everyone is doing well. Now back to page 3622.🤪

Sounds like you are having the time of your life.  Someday we'll make it out for a West Coast cruise.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

I tried it once, years ago, and couldn't even eat it.  Maybe I should try it again.  Is it always well done though?

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

I guess it is well done but enough gravy solves that problem 😁

It's been hit-n-miss with me. Sometimes really good, other times tough and chewy. I guess by frying it, it's easy to over-cook?

But as @DaniDanielle said, enough gravy will solve that. 😊

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

It's been hit-n-miss with me. Sometimes really good, other times tough and chewy. I guess by frying it, it's easy to over-cook?

But as @DaniDanielle said, enough gravy will solve that. 😊

I will have to try and convince my DH to order it again sometime when we are traveling.  Extra gravy, of course. 😄 I can at least try it and see if I like it.  I think it was when we were on a three week road trip for our honeymoon that we tried it, so that has been a lot of years ago. 😋

• Like 4

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

When I disembark on Sat., I walk over to the next pier and board Discovery Princess for another Coastal cruise.

How great that is!!  Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

I have caught Small Mouth Bass in  pond behind our house. Have not tried to eat them yet.

Sometimes even catch two at a time.  Just throw them back so they can get bigger.

20210801_114742.jpg

20210801_113449.jpg

20210801_111415.jpg

20210801_110154.jpg

20210801_111904.jpg

20210801_111927.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

He is better, thanks.  His legs are bothering him along with his foot.  It never ends for him.  How are you?  Are you back home safe and sound?

Poor Charlie.  And poor you also, Marietta.  It's never easy when someone we love is hurting or not well.😔

We got home late Friday night...I-95 in Virginia was bumper-to-bumper from Richmond all the way to Maryland.  I've never seen it as bad as it was.  Never again!  We'll travel on the weekend from now on when we head North from Florida next time.  It was a nightmare.

Our awesome dentist on the Island is going in early this week to see me, since he is so booked up.  I've always said he's the Best, and he truly is!

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

image.jpeg.4e6366e057b93f223e7265b2ff708848.jpeg

image.jpeg.12c2cd2647f48b564d9ccae71da9ce3b.jpeg

image.jpeg.3cedeb2697a221a07b950a2b0b5100ba.jpeg

You crack me up, Graham!!  These are all great!!!!😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't know what a chicken fried steak is either. I guess it is located next to the chocolate gravy?

36 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Think of a thin steak that fell into the batter for the fried clams and then into the fryer. 😱😇

To further this description it is pure deliciousness. Not good for the body, but tasty. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't know what a chicken fried steak is either. I guess it is located next to the chocolate gravy?

I prefer chicken fried chicken in either case it is pounded with mallet to make it thin then coated with bread crumbs and deep fried and served with a white gravy, not the healthiest meals but I like it once in a while . 

• Like 6

18 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

White gravy is the kind that goes on chicken-fried steak (as well as biscuits). It’s good!

There is another one that will probably confuse “foreigners”.

I like white gravy but never understood the popularity of chicken fried steak.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

True. It was really more of a tongue-in-cheek remark that, in retrospect, only I would get. 

When my niece went away to college on Long Island, she said it was like another world. In a good, eye-opening way, not that she lived a shelter life in any way.  After awhile, it became an inside joke whenever I told her I was going to Jones Beach or Robert Moses Park, I made it sound like I was going some place exotic. 😉

If by any chance it was Hofstra my youngest daughter went there for a second graduate degree after going to an upstate college for undergraduate and fist Masters.

In the early 70’s my wife and I would do summer day trips to the Hamptons  ,Sunken Meadow State Park and Montauk Point nearly every summer .Those were our exotic vacations .Since be moved to LI in 2003 we have not been to any of those places.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Looks like a beauty of a trip you are in the middle of.  Just sent you an e mail

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

If by any chance it was Hofstra my youngest daughter went there for a second graduate degree after going to an upstate college for undergraduate and fist Masters.

In the early 70’s my wife and I would do summer day trips to the Hamptons  ,Sunken Meadow State Park and Montauk Point nearly every summer .Those were our exotic vacations .Since be moved to LI in 2003 we have not been to any of those places.

Hofstra always reminds me of Bill Cosby.

'I saw a hole'

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Think of a thin steak that fell into the batter for the fried clams and then into the fryer. 😱😇

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

I would try that!  What I had was definitely not Wagyu, more like shoe leather covered in paste.

I think you hit on the reason why it can be less than ideal. Thin steak is easy to over cook (much like Veal) & I guess different places uses different cuts of steak?

It's a staple at Cracker Barrel but I feel like the good ones I've enjoyed were at a nondescript  roadside diner on a road trip some place. Just don't remember where.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I will be curious to hear how it compares to Celebrity. 

I have cruised numerous times on Princess pre-C19 and was always happy with them.  

It will be interesting to see if things have changed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

When I visited my brother in Texas I ate chicken fried steak in all kinds of restaurants.  Fancy ones, fast food ones etc.  Enjoyed them all😍

I had it twice and didn't much care for it but, of course, food is subjective.

It was tough, and not what I expected.

TX has some great bbq.  I'll stick with that.

• Like 5