Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Toby is sacrificing his carry on ion favor of bringing his Flowrider board.  

See you in a week!

He must love it to have his on board! Cool.  The speed of time seems to be speeding up.  See you soon. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

Oh yay, it's snowing again.    

🙄

I mentioned our "Pure Michigan" tourism campaign... here are some "not so pure Michigan" versions of the advertisements (language warnings for those who don't like cuss words):

Here's the one about Saugatuck, the place with the 302-step stairway up a sand dune:

And this one hurts both literally and figuratively:

I went to YouTube  and watched a bunch of this guys videos.  I guess you  had to to pick out some of the tamer ones, but the other ones were pretty funny also.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

I went to YouTube  and watched a bunch of this guys videos.  I guess you  had to to pick out some of the tamer ones, but the other ones were pretty funny also.

The way he made them PERFECTLY match the actual ad campaign was amazing.... background music, narration, everything was identical!  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

Len Goodman one of the judges on strictly come dancing died this morning aged 78.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

I was sorry to hear this. He was also one of the original judges on the US show Dancing with the Stars. I really liked him.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Quite contrary to what we were taught here that y'all is singular. Besides, you are in Florida and we all know that is a misplaced northern state. I don't know what to believe any more. 😁

When I was growing up we were told we were really in South Georgia. Now we’re northerners?  
I don’t know if that is an upgrade or a downgrade. 
And you all can’t possibly be singular!

Unless you consider a human to be plural by counting various body parts!

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I finished watching The Diplomat yesterday.The last two episodes in my opinion were the best of the series.

I recommend it.

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I thought that this was the best acting ever by Kerri Russell.

We're 2 episodes into it and liking it a lot.  No spoilers!  Keri Russell is great but I also like Ato Essandoh playing Keri's right hand man (first secretary??).  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Oasis was just too crowded when we went in August.  Unfortunately, there was one group of quite a few, that ruined the trip for the rest of us.  We thought it was just us until we started talking to others around the ship.   The price this year is a lot higher than we paid last year.   Come to Bermuda!!!,

We’re doing Bermuda on Mariner Sept 29. 

• Like 7

20 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

I've said or heard all y'all a few times in my life.  Example (not exact):

me:  Hey, love you guys, how about coming over after dinner for drinks?

them:  You're kidding, all of us?

me (for maybe the last time ever): Yes, all y'all !!

I’ve said it, too, to make sure it’s understood that when I said y’all I meant it. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Seven nights.  He is feeling better but still has low energy.  His legs are bothering him.  I don’t know, such a decision!

Does he sleep with a pillow under his feet and ankles and one between his knees? I swear by both of them. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

This is so parallel life, lol! When I was a kid we visited my dad's parents on Long Island during the summer. I thought it was amazing how the ocean was always so cold!

And the beach was stones! The one we went to was (I think) Stony Meadows. I wondered why everyone wore sneakers or what I thought were slippers. 
Then I tried to walk to the water. Yikes!

• Like 3

I just watched the final Carpool Karaoke for The Late Late Show with James Corden.  Is there a better singer right now than Adele?  I'm not talking about all time but rather singers who are in their prime right now.  Maybe Lady Gaga??  Adele's voice is just incredible.

• Like 16

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I have that booked for Toby day 2 in Lahina.  I will stay on the beach and watch for sharks.

Smart move.  I took surfing lessons in Hawaii in 2008 with my daughter who was then 13.  I can't remember if she needed an adult to join her or if I just didn't want her to do it alone.  It wore me out completely.  If I tried it today, 15 years older, I think it would kill me!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

My feet contribution 

B499AB97-9F3B-4F76-B0FE-D7B0478F6D59.thumb.jpeg.a3f2081880cf27c62efa50f55a410b0c.jpeg

Now, now, Helen, that doesn't count!  Continue to have a wonderful time.

7 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I just watched the final Carpool Karaoke for The Late Late Show with James Corden.  Is there a better singer right now than Adele?  I'm not talking about all time but rather singers who are in their prime right now.  Maybe Lady Gaga??  Adele's voice is just incredible.

I love all of the Carpool Karaoke episodes.  I've seen Michelle Obama, Celine Dion, Adele, Barbra Streisand, Lady GaGa and more but my favorite was Paul McCartney.  

Lady Gaga's duets with Tony Bennett were exceptional.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1