Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 5/28/2023 at 5:28 PM, QueSeraSera said:

Oh that is ridiculous!  Again my apologies although I promise I have nothing to do with it apart from being a resident here.

If you don't mind, could you say whether it was a state or county police officer protecting us from your license plate frame?

There have been discussions around the Old Dominion that county police should not have the ability to issue traffic tickets on the interstates...

It was a female state trooper who must have been a drill sergeant in a former life. 
She indicated that criminals obscure their tag numbers so that they can run drugs and get away while law enforcement is trying to check their  tag numbers. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2023 at 11:50 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

Good to hear you got it going.   It's nice to get past the planting stage. My brother has been fighting the frost problem in Northern Ohio. 

Friday I used the drip system for the first time and it worked great.  10 days ago I was surprised to find 5 tomatoes starting so soon.  Today I counted 170! The accountant in me 😆.  I harvested some broccoli last week.   Tomorrow I plan to pick my first kohlrabi. 

Kenzie was visiting here Friday.  She was working on her driving skills.  The back of her hair is getting so curly. 

image.thumb.png.c1084b5f7671e3e146d46cdaab2abfdd.png

Thanks for the Kenzie sighting!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/29/2023 at 8:32 PM, HBE4 said:

Beautiful day for a walk along the Hudson River in Sleepy Hollow, NY, home to the Headless Horseman. Actually home to the author Washington Irving who wrote that tale.  The towns actual name was North Tarrytown until 1996 when it was changed as Washington Irving based the fictional Sleepy Hollow on the real life North Tarrytown.  The was done to attract tourists (and their $$$$) after GM closed its factory,  eliminated 4,000 jobs & a sizable tax amount it paid to the town. For those really interested,  you can read more here. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-sleepy-hollow-saved-north-tarrytown-2015-10

But far more importantly is the small lighthouse located along the Riverwalk.  The kind of lighthouse that doesn't get posts deleted,  wrists slapped or get you sent to the Monopoly room.😅

It's currently undergoing renovations & no estimated completion date posted. 

20230528_173558.thumb.jpg.80167b213e4946975b7b2b5c4203b352.jpg

Eagle-eyed @BonTexasNY will notice that is Rockland County behind the "new" Tappan Zee Bridge.

20230528_1731002.thumb.jpg.4492c2eea76a3b721e9fe2e0f7d8fe8a.jpg

Officially known as the Gov. Mario Cumuo Bridge but locals refuse to call it that. No disrespect to the former governor & Andrew Cumuo father but most people prefer the name of the old bridge it replaced.  Nothing political about it, just that everyone grew up with the old name - Tappan Zee Bridge - for 60+ years and it became part of the regions identity.  Especially since that part of the Hudson is 3 miles wide & goes by the name Tappan Zee. Zee is Dutch for Sea and the Dutch were the first European settlers to the area.   

And to put this in a East Coast/West Coast perspective for @Coralc, imagine if the Golden Gate Bridge  was renamed Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger Bridge 😆😉😇

We often went to Maine by way of the Tappan Zee Bridge instead of throwing George Washington and the Bronx. 
The Hudson is such a beautiful river above NYC. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, George C said:

Had dinner last night with niece and brother in law at a very nice restaurant in East Aurora a suburb of Buffalo, will be my wife best friend and her husband in a few minutes to get the best buffalo wings and beef on wick in the area , Buffalo Bills Quarterback Josh Allen said that this place is his favorite place is called Bar Bills .

I've never been to the original Bar Bill in East Aurora, but I've been to their new location in Clarence (next town over from Williamsville where I grew up).  I agree that they have the best wings and weck in Buffalo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaniDanielle said:

The weather has been interesting here also.  Goes from cold to hot and back again.

It has not been really hot where I am yet this year but next week it is expected to be in the 80’s.Normally it gets hot by mid May.

• Like 2

Magnolias and crepe myrtles are in bloom here.  So beautiful. Temps in the 80s, bearable humidity for the most part.  Flip flops until probably October. 😃 I really do love it here in North Texas even though there isn't a river, sea, or ocean in sight.

The following are stock pictures:

Magnolia

image.png.5a1d54cab9c10979bdcecf74b4ea9dfc.png

Crepe Myrtle

image.png.e86b45bb49116f098005e31ff1c6553b.png

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Magnolias and crepe myrtles are in bloom here.  So beautiful. Temps in the 80s, bearable humidity for the most part.  Flip flops until probably October. 😃 I really do love it here in North Texas even though there isn't a river, sea, or ocean in sight.

Magnolia

Crepe Myrtle

Love seeing both of these when they are in bloom.

• Like 2

First day of winter for us here.  

Nights & mornings are cold but the days have been pleasant & sunny this week.

Max pulled his blanky off the deck and settled himself for a snooze in the sun yesterday.

D37D5CBA-4D85-4FAA-86C1-1617648243C4.thumb.jpeg.a49830a18d7e7911e71a46298988f329.jpeg

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 19

We had lunch today with my sister and my BIL. Then Susan and I tended to our parents graves, before walking the river trail.  

It was a beautiful day along the river. 

E48221A2-3CC0-420C-BAD4-1A3C486EC6A8.thumb.jpeg.be16292258e9de4e33ddd2281b8b5643.jpeg

And we even had some wildlife show up. 

D7D933AD-0795-44EC-93B2-10D25B331A05.thumb.jpeg.70aa70210c9380f52da5a9548dc1ea95.jpeg

• Like 23

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Magnolia

Crepe Myrtle

Our Magnolia has started to bloom but the Crepe Myrtles haven't yet.  Love seeing both, we have a lot of them in our area as well.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

The weather has been interesting here also.  Goes from cold to hot and back again.

It's crazy.  A beautiful day one day, the next, breezy and cool.  Next day beautiful, next day breezy and cool.  Repeat.🤨

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

First day of winter for us here.  

Nights & mornings are cold but the days have been pleasant & sunny this week.

Max pulled his blanky off the deck and settled himself for a snooze in the sun yesterday.

D37D5CBA-4D85-4FAA-86C1-1617648243C4.thumb.jpeg.a49830a18d7e7911e71a46298988f329.jpeg

Your Max is one smart pup!

• Like 3