Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

TSOTD is from St.Lucia.

,My granddog who predicted the winner of Survivor will be here later today and stay till tomorrow morning.Unfortunately there are no reality shows on TV ,therefore,I will try and get him to predict the outcome of a televised baseball game tonight.

Can you please bribe him with treats for the next Powerball numbers?😁

Also when cruise prices will go down?

And lowest Cruise Planner sales?

• Haha 9

19 minutes ago, singinalot said:

does the group want a report on my girls trip to St Augustine? we packed a lot into 2.5 days! IMG_3248.thumb.jpeg.23401cb80f28f265f2c9ec74d7f23d96.jpeg

IMG_3233.thumb.jpeg.afd56b0b71240fb8f8a3110cd45de611.jpeg

this one’s for you @Sea Dog

IMG_3207.thumb.jpeg.0a3d40231361772debb40a1c63916700.jpeg

IMG_3182.thumb.jpeg.a3949e0b7e8844a01f92ca95f9ebdd9d.jpeg

Any more detail that you want to provide would be great.  Love your reports.  Did you eat at The Columbia Restaurant?  Or Osprey Tacos/Old Coast Ales?  I'm also interested in what you thought of the Fountain of Youth Museum.  I've heard everything from it being very tacky to it being interesting and educational.  We're thinking of going there on our next St. Augustine day trip.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Boy did we have an experience yesterday!!  Having our pre-dinner drink around 6:30, looking out at the pond…clear sky, no rain, when all of a sudden a streak of lightning makes a direct hit on a light pole outside our subdivision.  BOOM!  All the power goes out.  DH calls FPL and reports it and we’re told it will be back on by 10 pm.  Hmm.  

When we first moved here I bought some mini LED lanterns in case this ever happened.  DH, somewhat smugly, informed me that the power lines here are buried and thus outages weren’t a problem.  Well, they may be buried here…but a block away outside the subdivision, they’re on regular vulnerable poles.  I dug the never before used lanterns out of a closet.

We decided to go out to dinner just to kill time.  Drove to one of our favorite restaurants just in time…because only then did torrential rains hit.  The lights flickered several times at the restaurant.  🙀  But we had delicious food and drink.  🍷

When we got home FPL had changed their estimate of power returned to status unknown.  Great.  We played cards by lantern light and eventually went to bed and read our Kindles.  Power was finally restored around 1 am.  Sure glad I’d bought those lanterns!!

Wow.  We had a little bit of rain and heard some loud thunder, but no lightning near us.  Good thing you had those LED lanterns.  Which subdivision?

1 hour ago, George C said:

Monday is national martini day and our favorite restaurant is having 3 dollar martinis all day , i might Uber there 😁😁😁😁

Sounds like a great time. Cheers!

@Arzeena Well, since you asked about the Bermuda cruise, I will try to give a condensed version.

Some may have called it the Voyage of the Damned-however , DH and I chose to make lemonade from lemons.

Here it goes- 

Embarkation in Bayonne, Port Liberty was a breeze.

The Celebrity Summit has been refurbished beautifully. We were on the ship in 2019 and it definitely showed wear and in need of a new,brighter color scheme.

We were in Aqua 9052 and found the cabin comfortable with plenty of storage and a good size bathroom (for a ship).

All was going great until Tuesday. I planned to play golf at Turtle Hill Golf Course on the grounds of the Fairmont Southampton Princess on Wednesday. Due to a rainy forecast , we changed the date to Tuesday.

During the cab ride to the course, we found out that the hotel had been closed for some time in anticipation of renovations. As we drove up the hill, the hotel looked eerie and quiet as we had so differently remembered it during past stays there.

We checked in to the pro shop and a young fellow bought around the golf cart and clubs for me to use.

My DH said that I should drive the cart and have some fun with it.

The worker gave us minimal instruction on driving the golf cart and we took off-slowly.

I stopped the cart at the area of the first tee, but realized I could not park the cart as there was no parking brake.

I held my foot on the brake to keep the cart still while my DH walked up the steep path to get further instructions.

He returned with a bleeding elbow and grass stains on his shirt, followed by the young worker. I realized that my DH had taken quite a fall on the path as it was such a steep incline going down the path that he lost momentum and fell hard on the path.

The worker showed me how to set the golf cart and said he should have explained it more clearly and inquired if DH was okay.

My DH encouraged me to play on, but after finishing the first hole, I decided enough was enough and that we were returning to the ship.

I called the pro shop to help us up the step path.

Another worker approached us in a golf cart and said we had to walk up the path. He did not offer us a ride in the golf cart. I was so rattled at this point that now I realize I should have insisted on getting rides back to the pro shop.

We made it up the hill with my DH in pain. At this point I will mention that we are 70 and 72.

The manager of the golf course credited the greens fees and called us a cab as my DH refused medical assistance there.

He was reluctant to be taken to the hospital as he was considering implications of what a visit to the hospital may incur.

The cab driver took us very close to the gangplank and we got DH settled in the cabin.

He took it easy for the remainder of the cruise, getting rest and Tylenol.

He has been improving each day and has had broken ribs before which basically heal themselves.

We enjoyed the ship during the following days as much as possible.

We participated in some trivia, Deal No Deal, roulette, dinners in Blu and taking in the beautiful views from the ship. It was our 14th visit to Bermuda, so while we missed doing some things there, we were content to stay on the ship.

Since it was to be a celebration cruise for our 40th anniversary, my DH wanted to buy me a ring.

We selected a pretty blue and white diamond white gold ring. It was a pleasant experience and a loving gesture on DH’s part.

We were so impressed by the staff and crew. Their hearts and kindness shown trough so many times.

We have been cruising since 1987 and we have never encountered such a hard working, pleasant and warm hearted staff.

Kudos to Celebrity for that!

Disembarkation was a breeze also.

Unfortunately, I was not feeling well on Monday afternoon. Yesterday, I felt worse-tired, weak, no appetite and some tummy issues. 
I took a Covid test and ,yes, it came up positive.

I have a video visit with our Primary Dr later this afternoon.

We anticipated that this could happen.

I seem to have a mild case and I will recover. As I said,my DH is recovering also.

Upon our return, he did all the laundry and put all the travel items back in their places.

He is a keeper!

After 40 years, we have learned to roll with the punches.

We will look back on this cruise with some good memories and even laugh at some of the happenings-probably after we feel much better!

Wishing that you are all feeling well,safe and loved.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

@Arzeena Well, since you asked about the Bermuda cruise, I will try to give a condensed version.

Some may have called it the Voyage of the Damned-however , DH and I chose to make lemonade from lemons.

Here it goes- 

The Celebrity Summit has been refurbished beautifully. We were on the ship in 2019 and it definitely showed wear and in need of a new,brighter color scheme.

We were in Aqua 9052 and found the cabin comfortable with plenty of storage and a good size bathroom (for a ship).

All was going great until Tuesday. I planned to play golf at Turtle Hill Golf Course on the grounds of the Fairmont Southampton Princess on Wednesday. Due to a rainy forecast , we changed the date to Tuesday.

During the cab ride to the course, we found out that the hotel had been closed for some time in anticipation of renovations. As we drove up the hill, the hotel looked eerie and quiet as we had so differently remembered it during past stays there.

We checked in to the pro shop and a young fellow bought around the golf cart and clubs for me to use.

The worker gave us minimal instruction on driving the golf cart and we took off-slowly.

I stopped the cart at the area of the first tee, but realized I could not park the cart as there was no parking brake.

I held my foot on the brake to keep the cart still while my DH walked up the steep path to get further instructions.

He returned with a bleeding elbow and grass stains on his shirt, followed by the young worker. I realized that my DH had taken quite a fall on the path as it was such a steep incline going down the path that he lost momentum and fell hard on the path.

The worker showed me how to set the golf cart and said he should have explained it more clearly and inquired if DH was okay.

My DH encouraged me to play on, but after finishing the first hole, I decided enough was enough and that we were returning to the ship.

Another worker approached us in a golf cart and said we had to walk up the path. He did not offer us a ride in the golf cart. I was so rattled at this point that now I realize I should have insisted on getting rides back to the pro shop.

We made it up the hill with my DH in pain. At this point I will mention that we are 70 and 72.

The manager of the golf course credited the greens fees and called us a cab as my DH refused medical assistance there.

He was reluctant to be taken to the hospital as he was considering implications of what a visit to the hospital may incur.

The cab driver took us very close to the gangplank and we got DH settled in the cabin.

He has been improving each day and has had broken ribs before which basically heal themselves.

We participated in some trivia, Deal No Deal, roulette, dinners in Blu and taking in the beautiful views from the ship. It was our 14th visit to Bermuda, so while we missed doing some things there, we were content to stay on the ship.

Since it was to be a celebration cruise for our 40th anniversary, my DH wanted to buy me a ring.

We selected a pretty blue and white diamond white gold ring. It was a pleasant experience and a loving gesture on DH’s part.

We were so impressed by the staff and crew. Their hearts and kindness shown trough so many times.

We have been cruising since 1987 and we have never encountered such a hard working, pleasant and warm hearted staff.

Unfortunately, I was not feeling well on Monday afternoon. Yesterday, I felt worse-tired, weak, no appetite and some tummy issues. 

I seem to have a mild case and I will recover. As I said,my DH is recovering also.

Upon our return, he did all the laundry and put all the travel items back in their places.

He is a keeper!

We will look back on this cruise with some good memories and even laugh at some of the happenings-probably after we feel much better!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Oh my goodness!

I wish you both very speedy recoveries!

We had booked that sailing, but with our move coming up end of May there was no way to have made it. So we moved our cruise. I am glad you enjoyed the Summit. We love the ship and after the refurbish I find it very "cool".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Always interesting to see the different colour sand in different areas along the east coast.    Our sand here in LBI is soft white sand where as your sand looks golden.   All beautiful.

My bike got a flat tire today.  Eric to fix tomorrow morning.  Glad he is officially retired as of yesterday!!

I hope Eric has a long and happy retirement Debbie.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am so, so excited!  My mom, who loves to travel, but hasn’t done it enough due to $$ limitations, now has some extra cash.  We are now planning a mom/daughter cruise for December on oasis, and I am so excited!  I’ve been on Oasis before, and know she’ll love it 🙂. It’s her first cruise!!

• Like 19

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Here it goes- 

He is a keeper!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Oh my goodness MJ!  What a story and you and your DH did make lemonade!!  Did you rent clubs are the golf course?  I am sorry you came down with Covid and I do hope you feel better soon as well as you DH.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Here it goes- 

He is a keeper!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Happy Ruby anniversary MJ.

I'm sorry to hear your husband broke his ribs and you tested positive.

I hope you both recover soon.

Graham.

9537060_ade56.gif

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2023 at 9:20 PM, derorim said:

Deb, if these trees are in bloom now, they are probably Kousa Dogwoods.  We had a cream colored one in northern Virginia.  Very pretty trees, with tons of blooms.

Definitely some form of a Dogwood.

• Like 1

@TravelGirlinDallas Congratulations on turning the big 50.  I hope you and Andrew (13) had great birthday celebrations.  Wonderful that Andrew is old enough now to enjoy his first “dudes trip” with his dad to a sporting event.  I am sure they I’ll have a blast. 

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I hate to sound stupid…but I just saw my TV, service byDirectTV, recorded Jeopardy last night at a time when the power was out in the house!  How did that happen?  (Technologically challenged…)

Those lanterns prove that you are smart!  And you are not the only one tech challenged…

• Thanks 1

I have discovered a new hack.  If I see some new product that I like at the supermarket biscuit/treat aisle.  I buy, try one and then donate the rest to work kitchen.  So far - my work colleagues have appreciated - Caramilk wallabies and coconut tim tams - and I have saved calories in the lead  up to our beach holiday in September. 

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 8