Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

In my younger days I travelled with my parents across country and one of our rest stops was Las Vegas. ( go figure). 

I went to the pool on a nice HOT August day and baked, Swam, slept …..repeat. 

That evening we were walking to dinner and I fainted on the street. I quickly awoke and said.       “ I need water”. 
My dad ran in a store got me a 32 ounces glass no ice. I said. I needed more.   Get me something more. 
He bought a 6 pak of Diet Coke. 
I drank every can. 
I never had to “P”. 
Then I had a milkshake. 
Finally felt better. 

I learned my lesson. 

Be safe. 

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Nine years ago today we lost my mom to an awful accident.  She was 91 and in great shape, still driving and going to Atlantic City with us.  She, easily, would have made it to 100😢

Thinking of you Marietta my friend on your dear mams 9th memory in heaven.

Graham x.

256687-In-Memory-Of-Mothers-In-Heaven.gif

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Today's weather:

Day

7/18
106°Hi
RealFeel® 111°
RealFeel Shade™ 104°
Hot with blazing sunshine; breezy this afternoon; danger of dehydration and heatstroke if outside for extended periods of time

Was in the pool about noon need to use it early in the day before we hit 100, need to add water to pool a couple times a week because of evaporation. Will make a quick trip to get some powerball and mega million tickets. Going to our favorite restaurant tonight for drinks and dinner and live music. Shorts are not allowed in dining room, they should make a exception when it’s over 105 😁😁😁

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Nine years ago today we lost my mom to an awful accident.  She was 91 and in great shape, still driving and going to Atlantic City with us.  She, easily, would have made it to 100😢

((((((((((((((((MARIETTA AND FAMILY)))))))))))))))

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday, grandson and I headed to Keystone Safari while Susan concentrated on kicking Covid. 

Note to self, these camels will take a playful nip when feeding them. 

IMG_8145.thumb.jpeg.d56105b70e2f9cfdc7b20f614ef7171d.jpeg

IMG_8170.thumb.jpeg.a4b1cb9dcfe032375f4dd6d0b51ccdfa.jpeg

Grandson just finished feeding the giraffe.  You may just get your hand licked doing this. 

IMG_8147.thumb.jpeg.5f40f44fa19ced77eb6e414e707035c9.jpeg

I never noticed these statues in the woods before. 

IMG_8151.thumb.jpeg.84d9ba87da463617e9ba7e8db358838f.jpeg

Reindeer loved the carrots 

IMG_8163.thumb.jpeg.6579796926197d3dc225c3b9291c3b63.jpeg

Another note to self.  Don’t go in the pen with a cup of food, unless you want to be jumped on by the animals. 

IMG_8171.thumb.jpeg.c8b96b4de20e8bf9db7ffacb586a8995.jpeg

We had a good outing, just the two of us.  

Looks like the two of you had a great day making lots of fun memories. 

I hope Susan is feeling better every day

• Like 2

10 hours ago, h20skibum said:

No rain for us, but I love our cooler mornings.  It is 65°, and I have had the doors and windows open to cool the house for the day.  Although it is supposed to get to mid 80’s today, our house will not get above 70 with all our tree cover.

I wish I could open windows but it has been so muggy and we have had the smell of the wildfires from Canada back in our area yesterday and today.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

TSOTD is from Costa -Maya,Mexico,

———————-I

I just had my very first in home PT seassion .It was an evaluation with a bit of therapy.My next seasion will be Friday morning.

Great!    I hope you find the therapy helpful😃

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

So sad the accident took her life.

How is Charlie feeling?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, singinalot said:

we’ll be there mid-August and I am definitely watching those temps 👀

Average August temperature is 81°F.

I hope the temperature drops back to average for you both.

October and November is our preferred time to visit the Mediterranean resorts.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Aqua show last night was amazing. Andrew was impressed with the high divers. Today, we explored the ship, rode the carousel and the zip line. Brian and I were pretty proud of ourselves. 😂 One and done for us!!

IMG_4384.thumb.jpeg.cf8b44ff7b126d32742a84e4d21d6f45.jpeg

IMG_4422.thumb.jpeg.5c9f4c7e19e555af003a2e6802befb7b.jpeg

IMG_4393.thumb.jpeg.04bf3d24830ada60160aec0f10cbaa82.jpeg

Great photos.

Wow you are all brave.

• Like 3

So here is yesterday’s “odd situation” to add to the others on this Allure cruise so far. After waiting an hour in the My Time line at the MDR, which was packed due to formal night, we got all the way to the host stand only to have him loudly announce that the dining room was completely full. He said that everyone in line needed to leave and come back in an hour!!! I expected to wait a while, but I did not expect that! Never had that happen before and we always do My Time.

We kind of stood there for a minute trying to decide what to do, since we wouldn’t make our show time if we waited an hour to eat. When we mentioned this to the host, he magically found a table (weren’t they just 100% full???) and we were seated almost immediately. We were so confused about all of that and were asking each other “what just happened?!” SO WEIRD.

• Like 10

17 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Have you tried the Neural Filters yet?  There are several options.  I used colorized on the following black and white pic taken in the 50's of my older brother and sister.  It took about 5 or ten minutes to get it to look like this! Amazing to me.  I love the skin tone. Could of done better but it was a quick try.

8x10-2-BobSue.thumb.jpg.6a856e753433803d8667cb238f3b253b.jpg

You are a man of many talents, John!  Great job on your photo touch-ups.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1