Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

With all the amazing pictures posted, we jumped booked a cabin today  on the 5/30/2024 Norway and arctic circle cruise on the jewel. So very excited.  Would love to hear any recommendations for hotels and tours in Amsterdam and of course any tour recommendations for the stops in Norway.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your sons dad.  How fortunate that his fiance is there for your son.  I do hope that your son and his fiance will be very happy living in Florida.  Will they be living anywhere near you, Karen?

I said Rabbit Rabbit early this morning, Graham.  I've been saying it for well over 50 years now😊.  I've never said White Rabbit, though.  Should I be saying that, also?  If so, big question for me...will I remember to say White Rabbit?🤔😁 Hope you and Pauline are safe and well, also!

My son lives about an hour from me and will continue to live in the same area.  I love getting to see them often.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

I really loved Odyssey, especially the Windjammer.  I hope this helps.  

I had no interest in the Q class ships but booked Odyssey only because the date, price, and itinerary all fell in line. I absolutely love that ship and have her booked again this coming February. And I think she has the best Windjammer that I have been in.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your sons dad.  How fortunate that his fiance is there for your son.  I do hope that your son and his fiance will be very happy living in Florida.  Will they be living anywhere near you, Karen?

I said Rabbit Rabbit early this morning, Graham.  I've been saying it for well over 50 years now😊.  I've never said White Rabbit, though.  Should I be saying that, also?  If so, big question for me...will I remember to say White Rabbit?🤔😁 Hope you and Pauline are safe and well, also!

It can be either Maryann.

Sending you our love and best wishes.

Graham x and Pauline x.

Screenshot_20230902_073306.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, maggieq said:

With all the amazing pictures posted, we jumped booked a cabin today  on the 5/30/2024 Norway and arctic circle cruise on the jewel. So very excited.  Would love to hear any recommendations for hotels and tours in Amsterdam and of course any tour recommendations for the stops in Norway.  

I have been eyeing up that sailing on Jewel.  The only thing that has stopped me from booking is the fact we always go to our shore house for a couple weeks in June.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I just read the Jimmy Buffett passed away last night at 76. He article said he had been under hospice care the past while. 

Wow.  That one hurts more than most for some reason.  I'm not really a Parrothead and I've never seen him in concert, but I've been spending a lot of time lately listening to Radio Margaritaville by the pool while sipping on a tiki drink.  I like the fantasy of living life one day at a time, looking for joy in board shorts and flip flops.  76 is way too young.  I wonder what will happen with his multi-billion dollar empire.

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Wow.  That one hurts more than most for some reason.  I'm not really a Parrothead and I've never seen him in concert, but I've been spending a lot of time lately listening to Radio Margaritaville by the pool while sipping on a tiki drink.  I like the fantasy of living life one day at a time, looking for joy in board shorts and flip flops.  76 is way too young.  I wonder what will happen with his multi-billion dollar empire.

I, too, am not a Parrothead. I do like a lot if his studio recorded music but I don't think his voice really sounded that good on his live recordings. However, there was something about him that attracted me to his Caribbean / Margaritaville "vibe". I am sorry to hear the news.

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Love his music , went to several of his concerts and spent lots of time in his restaurant/bars been to a half dozen or so . Remember reading a story that some people escaping Cuba landed on his beach front home and he fed them margaritas until customs showed up. Also way too close to his age .

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

52 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I, too, am not a Parrothead. I do like a lot if his studio recorded music but I don't think his voice really sounded that good on his live recordings. However, there was something about him that attracted me to his Caribbean / Margaritaville "vibe". I am sorry to hear the news.

49 minutes ago, George C said:

Love his music , went to several of his concerts and spent lots of time in his restaurant/bars been to a half dozen or so . Remember reading a story that some people escaping Cuba landed on his beach front home and he fed them margaritas until customs showed up. Also way too close to his age .

Agree with all of you. We’ve also stayed at a couple of his Margaritaville Resorts and loved them. He really portrayed that island lifestyle vibe. I’m not a parrothead, but my middle DD and her husband are, so they decided this morning that their cookout tomorrow will be dedicated to Jimmy and Cheeseburgers In Paradise will be served.
RIP Jimmy🌴

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 12

43 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Agree with all of you. We’ve also stayed at a couple of his Margaritaville Resorts and loved them. He really portrayed that island lifestyle vibe. I’m not a parrothead, but my middle DD and her husband are, so they decided this morning that their cookout tomorrow will be dedicated to Jimmy and Cheeseburgers In Paradise will be served.
RIP Jimmy🌴

I love cheeseburgers.🙂

• Like 6

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I just read the Jimmy Buffett passed away last night at 76. He article said he had been under hospice care the past while. 

I think I posted this before but what the heck, I've been known to tell the same story over and over....

Jones Beach State Park on Long Island is about 6 miles long with 6 humongous parking lots spread out. One of the beach parking lots (Parking Field #5) is also shared with the outdoor Amphitheater where concerts are held. As luck would have it, we were parked in that lot for a day at the beach & when we returned to our car, found the lot was taken over by Parrot heads for that evenings Jimmy Buffet concert. Every other tail gate party had some sort of elaborate tiki bar setup, decorations galore not to mention all of the island-type costumes.  As we trudged back to our car, people kept offering us drinks. Not having anything to trade other than stale chips, warm soda & half-melted candy bars, I tried to offer money but nobody would take it. We ended up staying for a couple more hours & while we couldn't see the concert, we could hear it loud and clear. Funny thing is, there were probably just as many people hanging out in the parking lot as there was in the concert.

I always say Jimmy Buffet gave the best concert I never went to. 😅

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

I think I posted this before but what the heck, I've been known to tell the same story over and over....

Jones Beach State Park on Long Island is about 6 miles long with 6 humongous parking lots spread out. One of the beach parking lots (Parking Field #5) is also shared with the outdoor Amphitheater where concerts are held. As luck would have it, we were parked in that lot for a day at the beach & when we returned to our car, found the lot was taken over by Parrot heads for that evenings Jimmy Buffet concert. Every other tail gate party had some sort of elaborate tiki bar setup, decorations galore not to mention all of the island-type costumes.  As we trudged back to our car, people kept offering us drinks. Not having anything to trade other than stale chips, warm soda & half-melted candy bars, I tried to offer money but nobody would take it. We ended up staying for a couple more hours & while we couldn't see the concert, we could hear it loud and clear.

I always say Jimmy Buffet gave the best concert I never went to. 😅

Either you didn't tell that story here before, or I can't remember you doing so.  Could go either way.  😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Either you didn't tell that story here before, or I can't remember you doing so.  Could go either way.  😁

I probably thought about posting the  story & just because I thought about it, assumed I actually did.

• Like 3