Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Current location,just a little rocky.seas 5 to 7 foot waves 66 degrees. All pools are closed except main pool. One person taken off ship late last night by helicopter.

Still heading east.

20230916_094851.jpg

Screenshot_20230916-100757_Maps.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

More pics from Switzerland.  

First Cliff Walk

IMG_0372.thumb.JPEG.0024f3de9dabb918daa1a221e60b5172.JPEG

IMG_0377.thumb.JPEG.4b469921da73e08aab9a2ca8eab4c470.JPEG

IMG_0382.thumb.JPEG.63343c1b4803cb3cf1a565f5c837c2e8.JPEG

Lunch in Mürren. 

IMG_0396.thumb.JPEG.b7b0ba96e4bc1a767bced7e43224555b.JPEG

IMG_0397.thumb.JPEG.b8e36ace71c15db5a929d4d1ef30e6fa.JPEG

Mürren is a village that sits on a terrace next to a cliff at about 5400 feet above the valley floor.  The Bond movie "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" had some scenes shot there in the late 60s (George Lazenby rather than Sean Connery 👎).  It's a popular place for base jumping.  I have a hard time even watching this video.  And no...neither my daughter not her husband are considering anything even close to this.

Fantastic photos.

• Like 1

Poor Bobby is gone. In addition to his out-of-control hyperthyroidism, his last labs showed very poor heart and liver function. And then this past week, he developed ascites, with fluid building up and distending his abdomen. We were able to get him into the vet this morning. Poor baby, he was in pain, and we agreed to have him euthanized. He was the last of my mom's cats. It is for the best, but always so sad. 

Bobby.JPG

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Poor Bobby is gone. In addition to his out-of-control hyperthyroidism, his last labs showed very poor heart and liver function. And then this past week, he developed ascites, with fluid building up and distending his abdomen. We were able to get him into the vet this morning. Poor baby, he was in pain, and we agreed to have him euthanized. He was the last of my mom's cats. It is for the best, but always so sad. 

Bobby.JPG

I’m so sorry Patti. The loss of a beloved family member is very hard. You made the right decision by not prolonging his suffering. I hope you comfort with the many great times and memories with him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sorry I missed it last night.  Just now seeing this.  Your right, now that it's here it's no longer live. 

That's okay, John. No need to be sorry about missing it. I guess "live" photos just don't stay "alive" after posting.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Bobby.JPG

I didn’t want to “like” this, but I wanted to say how sorry I am. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Bobby.JPG

I'm really sorry. It is never easy to lose them.

FB_IMG_1637344615540.jpg.4d41e8a7fbb23b90713e880ac9e15c6f.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Bobby.JPG

@Coralc Oh Patti, so sorry for the loss of your dear Bobby. 

I want to second Greg's and Dani's replies. I couldn't have 'said' it better than them.

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I’m so sorry Patti. The loss of a beloved family member is very hard. You made the right decision by not prolonging his suffering. I hope you comfort with the many great times and memories with him.

+1

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Same from me, Patti. I know you took good care of him as long as you could, and your mom knows that too @Coralc

+1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Bobby.JPG

Sorry Patti 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Bobby.JPG

So tough to make that decision, we are down to one cat and poor Joebob limps around wife takes him for shots to help but he seems happy. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

How r u doing these days? 🌷

Physically it's getting harder to get around especially as the day goes on.  My spirit is still fine.  Prayers from around the world surely makes a difference. 

My insurance is covering a really nice customized motorized wheelchair for me that is supposed to be delivered in a couple of weeks.  They fitted me for it before we went to Lakeside several weeks ago.  The plus side of me losing so much weight is that I am getting a narrow one that will easily move around the house. 

I am looking forward to cruising in a few weeks.  It will be a 5 day cruise and will let us have a better idea if we can handle future ones.  

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Bobby.JPG

So beautiful. Thank you for gently loving him throughout. I believe our precious animals will greet us joyously on the other side. If we love them so much, can you imagine how precious they are to the heart of the God who created them.💝

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, brillohead said:

Recommendations for people buying something online from a company you've never dealt with before:

--Always use a credit card (not a debit card) and use a "special" card that you don't normally use.

Credit vs debit is because you have more consumer fraud protections with a credit card than with a debit card.

Using a "non-normal" card is because if something does go wrong, you don't have to cancel and resubscribe all your auto-pay bills to your regular card when you get it replaced.  

Great suggestions....and exactly what we do.   I like using amex for online purchases as they protect you and give you an instant refund when you run into a problem.

So sad there are so many frauds, scammers, etc out there.   I always think they could make even better money putting their computer knowledge to good use.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Bobby.JPG

I am so sorry for your loss.  My heart hurts for you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Physically it's getting harder to get around especially as the day goes on.  My spirit is still fine.  Prayers from around the world surely makes a difference. 

My insurance is covering a really nice customized motorized wheelchair for me that is supposed to be delivered in a couple of weeks.  They fitted me for it before we went to Lakeside several weeks ago.  The plus side of me losing so much weight is that I am getting a narrow one that will easily move around the house. 

I am looking forward to cruising in a few weeks.  It will be a 5 day cruise and will let us have a better idea if we can handle future ones.  

Thanks for the update John. I am thinking of you and respect you and your spirit so much.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Bobby.JPG

Handsome cat.   May Bobby RIP.   🙏😥

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1