Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

IMG_3735.thumb.JPG.f5cd05e880f351bfc3938323c0b0d0db.JPG

I know it's September 18th and I know I am crazy to some extent but I am getting out and starting to put up Christmas decorations. We leave for our October cruise in a month and then I have a week back before knee replacement. I am slowly getting the stuff out to take it easy on my knee. It will probably take 3 weeks to get everything up. Don't worry I will not turn on any lights till after Halloween. You may ask why don't you get help from Linda and Jonathan. Linda will help decorate but I have a method to my madness in how I pack everything, store and my procedures on how to get stuff down. It would take longer to explain it than just by doing it myself. Needless to say I am very careful and I only do about 20-30 minutes at a time to not put too much stress on the knee. I am not putting up the animated trees outside this year as it would take too long and is a hassle to put up even with two good knees. At least I will have some comfort in laying on the couch a lot after surgery, I can hear Burl Ives now "🎶 It's beginning to look like Christmas....🎶"

Greg @Sea Dog, you’re not crazy to be starting to put up Christmas decorations.  Costco already has their Christmas merchandise in stock.  Here is something I brought back for you from my cruises to help you decorate your Christmas trees.

But first I saw this perfect Christmas tree at the Beauly Priory in Historic Scotland and I immediately thought of you.

IMG_7733.thumb.jpeg.f5fa887def0240609723ce7747a9a0f2.jpeg

Some Christmas ornaments from Scotland…

IMG_8026.thumb.jpeg.e6a741be4f1cc11d9f909af001315fd5.jpeg

Some from Ireland…

IMG_9563.thumb.jpeg.d594c9f16a419c65ac9f94dfb7b44e62.jpeg

IMG_9573.thumb.jpeg.fac9135a3f1bae9c92c011415ec1c1db.jpeg

And these from Akureyri, Iceland

IMG_1334.thumb.jpeg.29903ac5b59582171d62453f7c5ac94d.jpeg

Happy decorating!  Pace yourself.  Don’t stress yourself out by overdoing it.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Patti, @Coralc

The neighboring cat came to visit... After seeing Bobby's pic, I think they're related.

IMG_7867.jpeg

IMG_7875.jpeg

He is a cool looking Tabby cat! I love his eyes and his big ears. Thanks Dani. ☺️He probably understands Dutch.  I believe @TravelGirlinDallas 's Lucy and @h20skibum 's daughter's cat Ricky are also Tabbies. The all have similar markings.

The memorial stones are very sad. The number of lives lost is just horrific. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

IMG_3735.thumb.JPG.f5cd05e880f351bfc3938323c0b0d0db.JPG

I know it's September 18th and I know I am crazy to some extent but I am getting out and starting to put up Christmas decorations. We leave for our October cruise in a month and then I have a week back before knee replacement. I am slowly getting the stuff out to take it easy on my knee. It will probably take 3 weeks to get everything up. Don't worry I will not turn on any lights till after Halloween. You may ask why don't you get help from Linda and Jonathan. Linda will help decorate but I have a method to my madness in how I pack everything, store and my procedures on how to get stuff down. It would take longer to explain it than just by doing it myself. Needless to say I am very careful and I only do about 20-30 minutes at a time to not put too much stress on the knee. I am not putting up the animated trees outside this year as it would take too long and is a hassle to put up even with two good knees. At least I will have some comfort in laying on the couch a lot after surgery, I can hear Burl Ives now "🎶 It's beginning to look like Christmas....🎶"

Not to mention the Christmas movies on Hallmark will likely start Nov 1, how better could recuperate time be!

I don’t know how you do all that decorating but it does look spectacular.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Not to mention the Christmas movies on Hallmark will likely start Nov 1, how better could recuperate time be!

I don’t know how you do all that decorating but it does look spectacular.

That will be my life after surgery. Nothing like pain meds and Christmas movies.🤪😜😝

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

46 minutes ago, Coralc said:

He is a cool looking Tabby cat! I love his eyes and his big ears. Thanks Dani. ☺️He probably understands Dutch.  I believe @TravelGirlinDallas 's Lucy and @h20skibum 's daughter's cat Ricky are also Tabbies. The all have similar markings.

We fed an outside tabby for years , never wanted to come in to our house even on freezing nights, we bought a house for him and coved it inside and outside with heavy towels . Haven’t seen him in a couple of years hope he is ok. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Coralc said:

My son's cat has similar markings as well.  Hard to get a picture of her but here one from a few weeks ago

20230901_104543.thumb.jpg.aad4c597435105c763c24a4441e0f45c.jpg

• Like 13

We visited the Salt flats today and were able to harvest and bag our own salt to bring home. Size of ice cubes that can be used for cooking or salt scrubs.   

Let's see how much my luggage weighs for flight home from Boston.

I will go through and upload some photos tomorrow.  We have 2 sea days, then CocoCay on Thursday.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, akcruz said:

My son's cat has similar markings as well.  Hard to get a picture of her but here one from a few weeks ago

20230901_104543.thumb.jpg.aad4c597435105c763c24a4441e0f45c.jpg

Look at those big ears and beautiful eyes! ☺️ We miss Bobby, more than we thought we would. She is a gorgeous Tabby. Thanks. 😼

• Like 6

On 9/15/2023 at 10:32 AM, Jimbo said:

Was really nice finally boarding a cruise ship again, actually it has been 6 years since our Alaska Cruise.

Been to NYC many times, we are just going to walk off and go to Bubba Shrimps for lunch, None of those around in Virginia, it's about a 1 mile walk one way. Other then that, that is about all. Check out some stores during our walk both way too.

Just taking it easy before seas get rough I imagine, sailing out of here around 6pm, probably just a Windjammer night for dinner since we want to be outside for sailaway.

Welcome back to life at sea. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Welcome back to life at sea. 

Still getting  our sea legs back. 😁Last might was a little rocky,but it's nice sailing today. First port  in Greenland for us tomorrow at 10am Nuuk ,Greenland.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 13