Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Like many of you, I have a busy day in the kitchen today.  We’re going to DD Jessica’s house In Massachusetts tomorrow but I’m bringing quite a few dishes to help out. She has just reached the 12 week point in her pregnancy and no longer feels sick but still very tired. I’m bringing traditional herb bread stuffing, sausage stuffing, a carrot casserole, pumpkin pie and a charcuterie board.  I spent more for the charcuterie ingredients than everything else combined!  I offered to host Thanksgiving this year but they want to show off their new kitchen. 
My SIL will make a roast turkey, a smaller deep fried turkey and a smoked turkey breast.  With 11 adults and three kids under 5 there should be plenty!  
It’s a rainy, windy day here making it a good one to stay home and cook. I’ll also be staying home Friday, You couldn’t pay me to go out to a store on Black Friday.  Now online shopping is another story 🙂.  
Re: weight and weight loss, I was always very thin. Almost 5’7” and I never weighed over 125 lbs except during my pregnancies.  I also went quickly back to that weight after each of the girls were born.  Then along came menopause and she brought 15 lbs with her.  They are the most stubborn 15 lbs that just will not go away, even with eating healthy and walking regularly, so I guess they’re here to stay.  

Sounds like our weather yesterday!  Cold, blustery and rainy!  Great day to stay in and cook!!  

• Like 2

Happy Thanksgiving to all on Dani’s wonderful thread!  I wish you all a great day with family and friends.  I am not hosting this year.  We will be spending the day at the home of my best friend and college roommate whose son is my son’s best buddy, almost like brothers.  So, I started my holiday decorating a week ago (earlier than normal) and just finished.  

Here are some pictures of my trees!image.thumb.jpg.82835bb080862fd50d97766d7c051acb.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.7f1a46ec26d2d5724205416f4d979678.jpgE948F5CA-6BC4-491C-8484-9937F31B10BF.thumb.jpeg.08d5de0af9b0d8718a04a444c110eeb1.jpegimage.thumb.jpg.9dce8f2d2eb47f0bc4424d192f5a6946.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by jmh2006
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

My weight comes mostly from liquids, wife eats way more than me and weighs 100 plus pounds less. Going to liquor store now to replenish my liquids 😁😁

Alcohol in general can cause weight gain. who drinks more? you or your Wife?

Edited by Jimbo

39 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all on Dani’s wonderful thread!  I wish you all a great day with family and friends.  I am not hosting this year.  We will be spending the day at the home of my best friend and college roommate whose son is my son’s best buddy, almost like brothers.  So, I started my holiday decorating a week ago (earlier than normal) and just finished.  

Here are some pictures of my trees!image.thumb.jpg.82835bb080862fd50d97766d7c051acb.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.7f1a46ec26d2d5724205416f4d979678.jpgE948F5CA-6BC4-491C-8484-9937F31B10BF.thumb.jpeg.08d5de0af9b0d8718a04a444c110eeb1.jpegimage.thumb.jpg.9dce8f2d2eb47f0bc4424d192f5a6946.jpg

image.jpg

Very Nice, Love them !!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Alcohol in general can cause weight gain. who drinks more? you or your Wife?

Definitely me , but we both like wine and share a bottle most nights but wife doesn’t drink hard liquor as much as me , I like my cognac and some good scotch, bought a large 1.75 bottle of Martel cognac and a bottle of Johnny Walker Gold today , also splurged on some good wine including Jordan Cabernet.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, George C said:

Definitely me , but we both like wine and share a bottle most nights but wife doesn’t drink hard liquor as much as me , I like my cognac and some good scotch, bought a large 1.75 bottle of Martel cognac and a bottle of Johnny Walker Gold today , also splurged on some good wine including Jordan Cabernet.

My downfall is food like this:

Just out of the oven:

Paul Prudhomme’s Sweet Potato Pecan Pie

20231122_151639.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, jmh2006 said:

image.jpg

Beautiful trees, I love the starfish one!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Bought myself a new pair of Crocs from the kids collection, to cheer me up. I smile every time I look down. 

Luckily, I have small feet.... Plus, they were on sale 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.2b422780cd5e0e2c5acd39791a8ef9f3.jpeg

These are adorable Dani! I’m glad you’ve found something to make you smile. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jmh2006 said:

image.jpg

WOW Jennifer!  Your trees are absolutely beautiful.  I’m not cooking either other than 1 side dish.  We are headed up to Davison tomorrow.  I think we pass by your neck of the woods.   Hope you all have a wonderful holiday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Bought myself a new pair of Crocs from the kids collection, to cheer me up. I smile every time I look down. 

Luckily, I have small feet.... Plus, they were on sale 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.2b422780cd5e0e2c5acd39791a8ef9f3.jpeg

Just put my size 15 crocs in my suitcase 😁😁

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

WOW Jennifer!  Your trees are absolutely beautiful.  I’m not cooking either other than 1 side dish.  We are headed up to Davison tomorrow.  I think we pass by your neck of the woods.   Hope you all have a wonderful holiday. 

Thanks Val!!  I do love them all ❤️.  Safe travels and wave when you pass Lake Orion!

• Like 1

On 11/20/2023 at 4:03 PM, BonTexasNY said:

Perfection! I never cared for beaver nuggets, but their brisket sandwiches are a must!

@Arzeena Have a fabulous cruise

@Sea Dog Greg, I'm so glad that your 2nd knee replacement is doing much better than the first.   I hope you get your other issue taken care of soon.

I must mention our delightful weather.  Today a balmy, sunny, 72 and tomorrow high of 50s.  Such is our weather and I am not complaining.

I decided we got stale Nuggets because they were hard and chewy. 
we decided one and done. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Good to read. Thanks.  I do, however, worry about his lack of appetite.  

Of course.  Jack's endocrinologist insisted it's the best drug for him.  I'm happy we can get medical info in here from medical professionals.  

Uh oh, not good.   Of course I'm not a doctor but perhaps this should have been addressed with her doctor before she became skin and bones and sounds like total loss of appetite.   I hope her new meds work for her.

She is a very stubborn person and truthfully I think she wanted to be skin and bones. She looked terrible but the doctor did take notice and changed her meds. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We have been busy with Thanksgiving prep, moving furniture around in the family room to turn it into our banquet hall for the day.  

Table #1 (maybe the adult table)

IMG_9392.thumb.jpeg.b5a89e6c941012b173c10bf5aa51a2b2.jpeg

Table #2 ( maybe the kid table)

IMG_9393.thumb.jpeg.4580b02955d1a84b4f433661b7bde8c8.jpeg

And those are chocolate pilgrim suckers on the plates, from our favorite candy store. 

IMG_9385.thumb.jpeg.2910efc076f535df987683b722213cf4.jpeg

Our daughter just passed on to us their Poppies on Blue. I can’t imagine ever being bored by it!

it was their every day and raised two girls using it, so I’ll have to do some filling in. 
I’m not looking forward to emptying kitchen cabinets for it, but I am to setting the table with it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Beautiful trees, I love the starfish one!

29 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

I am rather partial to that tree myself and I can't think why 😉🌴🎄?

They are all beautiful but I like the first one the most. Big and fat, just like a Christmas tree should be! 🙂

• Like 3

All this talk of losing too much weight reminds me of a reality TV show from several years ago where a family lived for some period of time (90 days maybe?) as if it were the 1800s.  They lived in a cabin with no electricity or running water.  They had to do everything by hand including growing and preparing food.  Near the end, the husband had lost so much weight that the wife feared something was medically wrong and called in a Doctor. The doctor confirmed that he was perfectly healthy and was actually at a good weight for him.  Everyone was just so used to seeing him about 50 pounds heavier that he looked ill at his proper weight. 

I don't look (too) overweight but I could/should lose 30+ pounds.  I'm 6' 0" tall and weigh 215.  I should be down around 180.  I'm guessing that's a similar story for the majority of people in the US.  I'm not suggesting that anyone mentioned here wasn't actually too skinny...just that we have a serious overweight/obesity problem in the US.  Our medical friends here can probably create a long list of health issues that this causes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jagsfan said:

@Sea Dog I saw the attached photo and wondered if you ever got to taste this whiskey. The article said there are about 45 pours in a bottle make it about $60,000 per drink!

The gentleman who wrote the article said he tasted a drop and found it very rich. 

IMG_5703.jpeg

I wish! Don’t know if it’s worth $2.7 Million, but if it was offered to me to taste for free, I would be happy to oblige.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Keksie said:

According to the formulary for my part D plan I can go with either Metformin or Jardiance.  None of the other drugs seem to be covered yet.  I will wait until the holidays are over before I go see about one or the other.  

Jim takes Metformin for his diabetes.

• Thanks 1