Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, derorim said:

This summer I started to crochet again.  I was never good, and never made anything spectacular (unlike @Keksie's knitting projects - wow!) but I don't shy away from trying anyway.  I found a pattern for a Baker's outfit for an American Girl doll, and decided to make it for our 9 year old granddaughter.  A few days ago I took the completed project over to their house while she was in school, and dressed and staged the doll in the outfit.  I would love to re-do the cake and the cherry pie, but I thought the hat, apron and oven mitts turned out pretty good.  It's all packaged up and ready to give her for Christmas, with this picture at the bottom of the box.  I hope she likes it as much as I enjoyed making it!

20231215_143355.thumb.jpg.a888165a76e0f842950acc40128c1165.jpg

This is great Joy! I’m sure your granddaughter will love it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, doghog said:

Sorry Lenny I don't agree. ✌️  I wouldn't cast my vote based on where someone is from, gender, race or their personal hardships or success.  In the end its's only a game (and my opinion) and if I wanted to change the outcome I should have been a player or on the jury and not an arm chair juror. 🤣 

Have a peaceful holiday. 🍷

I was kidding about voting for her because she lives in Brooklyn.I do believe that Austin played the best game .If I was young and physically able perhaps I would have tried out for a reality show.There were none when I was young.

Enjoy your holiday,doghog.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Agreed with both and probably why I stopped watching around season 25 or so.  What happen to the days when the reward for a challenge was a can of beans?   Although I guess that would get boring after awhile & they need something to keep people watching. So let's get some good looking people with big personalities & let the conflicts begin! And I'm sure if I watch an episode or two again,  I could easily get sucked back in. 

But the name of the show should be hanged to "Ultimate Backstabber" or "The Great Deceiver".

I gave up on the show years ago .One night I decided to go back and got hooked again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, derorim said:

This summer I started to crochet again.  I was never good, and never made anything spectacular (unlike @Keksie's knitting projects - wow!) but I don't shy away from trying anyway.  I found a pattern for a Baker's outfit for an American Girl doll, and decided to make it for our 9 year old granddaughter.  A few days ago I took the completed project over to their house while she was in school, and dressed and staged the doll in the outfit.  I would love to re-do the cake and the cherry pie, but I thought the hat, apron and oven mitts turned out pretty good.  It's all packaged up and ready to give her for Christmas, with this picture at the bottom of the box.  I hope she likes it as much as I enjoyed making it!

You did a great job!  You should be proud. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As we are slowly purging 50+ years of accumulated stuff, we have some giveaway boxes of stuff on the front porch. We posted it on Nextdoor, but Bill will probably take most of it down to the donation center next week. 

However, our neighbor's kitten "Chanel" decided she was interested in specific item and wanted to grab it. It is a little stuffed animal, a hedgehog, with a felt nose and real rabbit fur pelt. We picked up a short clip on the camera of her pilfering it. 😃☺️

https://video.nest.com/clip/614f6728e04046bb93487235f119fa58.mp4

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

2 hours ago, derorim said:

Everything looks amazing.   You did a Great job🤩   I'm sure your GD will love what did and how special this will be for her.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Coralc said:

As we are slowly purging 50+ years of accumulated stuff, we have some giveaway boxes of stuff on the front porch. We posted it on Nextdoor, but Bill will probably take most of it down to the donation center next week. 

However, our neighbor's kitten "Chanel" decided she was interested in specific item and wanted to grab it. It is a little stuffed animal, a hedgehog, with a felt nose and real rabbit fur pelt. We picked up a short clip on the camera of her pilfering it. 😃☺️

https://video.nest.com/clip/614f6728e04046bb93487235f119fa58.mp4

That's really cute.   Looks like hours of entertainment for her.  Did she take it home?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's really cute.   Looks like hours of entertainment for her.  Did she take it home?

No. She played with it and batted it around under the car for a while, and then Bill went and recovered it. We may take it next door and tell them it is now her toy. ☺️ Since she decided she wants it.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Grills and Fishlips. We love Grills .

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Where's a good place to eat in Port Canaveral by the water?

We really enjoyed Grills before our Wonder cruise last month (thanks Pat @islandlady for the recommendation)!  It was really cool watching Allure leave being so close, and the other ships.  Food and drinks were great.  We sat at one of the outside tables, then would wander over to the viewing platform to watch Allure.

Greg @seadog we love your reviews/lives!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, derorim said:

Love it!  You're very talented and the pie and cake are perfect!  Your granddaughter will absolutely love it because you made it especially for her.

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

My granddaughter is something else!IMG_7851.thumb.jpeg.161de0263602a967d9df45e1d43d1f1a.jpeg

Words from the heart of a sensitive, loving girl.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

She’s been hurting. She has said if the surgeon wants to do my hernia surgery quickly she would postpone her rotator cuff surgery but I’m saying no to that. She’s been in pain and needs it done. We will deal with whatever we have to do. Merry Christmas Maryann!

Sounds like Season 2. It’s addictive I think you will love it. The yachts, the locations and food are the stars. The crew and drama is the side show.

Too bad they didn’t have the Hallmark channel. Do you like their Christmas movies? I’m a big fan and the movies this year have been their best. Hallmark got new writers and the plots and characters are really good. I’ve watched all of them over the years. One of my favorite things to do during the holidays. Merry Christmas to you and Marty.

Greg, thank you for your help in identifying the season of that show. You’re right. The food looked amazing. It was really interesting to see a little bit Croatia. We will be going there in 2025 on Voyager.

I do like Hallmark Christmas movies. At Thanksgiving at my MIL’s, you should’ve seen, everyone was glued to the TV watching a Hallmark Christmas movie that was on, even all the guys. We were all guessing what was going to happen next and who was going to do what because there is a formula that the movies follow. I must admit though, those movies always make me cry. We don’t get cable TV at home (too expensive) so we don’t get these cable channels. It’s just as well because I would be watching so much that I wouldn’t get anything done.

I hope Linda will get her surgery soon so to alleviate her pain and then your turn for hernia surgery after that. Meanwhile, hang in there and wishing you and Linda a very Merry Christmas. Hugs.

I almost forgot…This is for you

IMG_6525.thumb.jpeg.8bccd41c300ed16bdcaa77aafc753e24.jpeg

IMG_6526.thumb.jpeg.b152109cdb1383aa658861b5d069dc0a.jpeg

• Like 16

10 hours ago, derorim said:

Fantastic work. She is going to love it. There is something really wonderful when you give a gift that is homemade.

6 hours ago, GW248 said:

Greg @seadog we love your reviews/lives!

Thank you! You made my day. Unfortunately after canceling our April Beyond cruise , my next review will not be until October on Navigator out of LA. Stay tuned.

4 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Greg, thank you for your help in identifying the season of that show. You’re right. The food looked amazing. It was really interesting to see a little bit Croatia. We will be going there in 2025 on Voyager.

I do like Hallmark Christmas movies. At Thanksgiving at my MIL’s, you should’ve seen, everyone was glued to the TV watching a Hallmark Christmas movie that was on, even all the guys. We were all guessing what was going to happen next and who was going to do what because there is a formula that the movies follow. I must admit though, those movies always make me cry. We don’t get cable TV at home (too expensive) so we don’t get these cable channels. It’s just as well because I would be watching so much that I wouldn’t get anything done.

I hope Linda will get her surgery soon so to alleviate her pain and then your turn for hernia surgery after that. Meanwhile, hang in there and wishing you and Linda a very Merry Christmas. Hugs.

I almost forgot…This is for you

IMG_6525.thumb.jpeg.8bccd41c300ed16bdcaa77aafc753e24.jpeg

IMG_6526.thumb.jpeg.b152109cdb1383aa658861b5d069dc0a.jpeg

Thaanks Helen. Welcome to the Below Deck club. It’s addicting.

It makes me happy to know I’m not the only one who loves Hallmark Christmas movies. Even as a guy who even cries after watching most of them I wonder if people will question my manhood but feel I am what I am and I am ok with it. To me the movies are fun, positive and who doesn’t love a good love story. Now while this years movies have more exciting plots that aren’t the usual predictable plots, one thing you can do is play the Hallmark Christmas Movie Drinking Game.

IMG_3930.thumb.jpeg.072b65c8f8a32f86062dabc0624f9eee.jpeg

Linda’s getting a little nervous about her surgery. They say it is more painful than knee replacement. If that’s the case I feel real sorry for her. I will help her as much as I can. The only thing I worry about is helping her get up with my hernia. I saw the hernia surgeon yesterday. He says it looks like my intestine is not protruding from the hole which is good. I will end up having surgery in early February. I’m still uncomfortable but I can deal with it. Doctor said if I start to get severe pain down there to immediately come in and they will do emergency surgery.

Love the mooring line pics. Winner Winner! Chicken dinner.

Merry Christmas to you and Marty. We can’t wait to see you again when we cruise together. Until then hugs and kisses to you and your family this holiday season.

CHEERS!

• Like 16

Last night we took our son Jonathan out to celebrate Linda’s birthday which is today so we went out to eat and then drove through a wonderful Christmas light display called Christmas in the Park.

IMG_3931.thumb.jpeg.852da913399b23a0958822dad0700104.jpeg

Then something wonderful and unexpected happened.

Do you ever have a moment where you realize everything you do for your child gets recognized and that some of the things we taught them gets settled in their brain?

I was overjoyed as we drove through the display playing my Christmas music mix on the stereo and my sons says to me, “You know dad? I’m starting to get real nostalgic at Christmas time now. I am starting to really love Christmas music and the holidays are really getting special for me.”

WOW! A tear came to eye and Linda looked at me and smiled and winked.

Somedays as a parent you can say to yourself, “I did good.”

Merry Christmas my dear friends. And in case you messed it. Here is the link to download this years Christmas music mix. Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/dlw56vbe5r5hb6njnwj3o/2023-Greg-s-Swank-Pad-Lounge-Presents-Santa-s-Christmas-Radio-Show.zip?rlkey=rsvgg6az18qxtc1cwfvn5za8k&dl=0

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

42 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

It makes me happy to know I’m not the only one who loves Hallmark Christmas movies. Even as a guy who even cries after watching most of them I wonder if people will question my manhood but feel I am what I am and I am ok with it. 

I think sensitivity and emotions, and not being afraid to show them, is a beautiful quality in a guy and about as far from a reason to question someone's masculinity as you can get. I've had some pretty amazing experiences with friends and patients when that stereotypical barrier could be broken down.

• Like 21