Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

More good news.  I had my first ENT appointment yesterday. He said his visual inspection of my throat shows no sign of the cancer. He will monitor every couple of months. He said it could take a year for all of the after effects of the radiation to go away. 

While I was in treatment, they stopped and I received 2 units of blood. When I returned, the oncologist did a blood test and ordered another of blood.  Earlier this week I had another test, and the oncologist said it is looking good and no more blood. 

Apparently  the treatment affected the bone marrow.

I guess these are all good signs.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Fire grilled pork chop, sausage, mushrooms and cactus for lunch. The cactus was interesting, I didn’t finish it. 

IMG_2905.thumb.jpeg.98a96a81ea69f957e2d3a8aad50b5d9d.jpeg

We also just met the keeper of the hawk. They use the hawk to chase away birds away from the resort. They go from resort to resort. I bet they chase them from one rest to the next. 

IMG_2908.thumb.jpeg.28afac02ccce7698902bc9d3eb75fd24.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 10

39 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

More good news.  I had my first ENT appointment yesterday. He said his visual inspection of my throat shows no sign of the cancer. He will monitor every couple of months. He said it could take a year for all of the after effects of the radiation to go away. 

While I was in treatment, they stopped and I received 2 units of blood. When I returned, the oncologist did a blood test and ordered another of blood.  Earlier this week I had another test, and the oncologist said it is looking good and no more blood. 

Great news from the oncologist.

I'm pleased for you.

All the best for your future good health.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Great news from the oncologist.

I'm pleased for you.

All the best for your future good health.

I cannot help but wonder, if I had been on a 9 month world cruise, and what if I had discovered the lump in my neck at 5 months, at what point do you leave the ship to get home to seek treatment. Who and when does that decision get made? 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Where can I find it?

Someone is extremely proud & very passionate about packing lightly and smartly fitting everything they need in life in a small carry-on. 😉 

Too bad they are not as economical in the amount of words they use in a post as they are with the amount of clothing they pack.😄

31 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Under Cruise Discussion Topics, Ask a Cruise Question, Help Looking for useful suggestions/tips/tricks

Big fun!

Sadly, fairy dust has been sprinkled & posts have poofed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Someone is extremely proud & very passionate about packing lightly and smartly fitting everything they need in life in a small carry-on. 😉 

Too bad they are not as economical in the amount of words they use in a post as they are with the amount of clothing they pack.😄

Sadly, fairy dust has been sprinkled & posts have poofed.

Not only not economical in the amount of words but repeated their long post.  

Too bad about the fairy dust.  Renee made some good points that I hope were read before the poof.  

• Like 2

On 12/28/2023 at 2:01 PM, HBE4 said:

Maybe we should get a little group wager going. What will there be more of after 274 days? New babies born or divorces? 😄

Or make it a Super Bowl like pool and pick a number of each!

I’m stunned by the fact that there are 60 children sailing. And all occupants of a stateroom pay full price. 
Someone figured up it’s at least $500,000 for the 274 days for 2 adults and 2 children. 
At least the kids are being homeschooled. 
Living that long with any 4 people in a cabin  would lead to mayhem for me. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

On 12/24/2023 at 2:28 AM, A&L_Ont said:

You should find this really confusing then. I found this cruise line on instagram the other day. It’s a freighter and a cruise ship. 

IMG_3303.thumb.jpeg.0c24b496ee75cfa6b97fccb6e4f5186b.jpeg

IMG_3302.thumb.jpeg.9eaeca091e4d525eb5eff49e7c9db4be.jpeg

IMG_3301.thumb.jpeg.6c05d87c97ef874e1b28812994f8c1c8.jpeg

Mike and I have looked into this company. It’s interesting because it doesn’t go into the typical cruise ports. Still on our list.

On 12/24/2023 at 3:12 AM, aussielozzie18 said:

Gorgeous bag 🌸🍾

Thanks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Some of my kids went  into Manhattan today.  My daughter sent this video of the Cathedral, so beautiful.

IMG_0177.mov 17.15 MB · 2 downloads  

IMG_0180.thumb.jpeg.6af17ca13f9e67ee9ba4f76f84e8110e.jpeg

I really like St. Patrick's. It is majestic without being gaudy. Unfortunately, it can also be somewhat distracting in there when it is overrun with tourists.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

Mike and I have looked into this company. It’s interesting because it doesn’t go into the typical cruise ports. Still on our list.

It just stood out for us. Different is good. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mo&fran said:

This is such wonderful news. 
You were so courageous, you deserve the best outcome. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/23/2023 at 9:28 PM, A&L_Ont said:

You should find this really confusing then. I found this cruise line on instagram the other day. It’s a freighter and a cruise ship. 

IMG_3303.thumb.jpeg.0c24b496ee75cfa6b97fccb6e4f5186b.jpeg

IMG_3302.thumb.jpeg.9eaeca091e4d525eb5eff49e7c9db4be.jpeg

IMG_3301.thumb.jpeg.6c05d87c97ef874e1b28812994f8c1c8.jpeg

When you look at the ship from the right angle, it looks like the bow has already been to the breakers.

• Like 2

On 12/28/2023 at 3:01 PM, mo&fran said:

Doesn't it actually start at the international date line passes midnight. 

It seems strange to me, but I knew Mike Salvador’s widow before she died. 
Mike Salvador began the commercial shrimping industry in Fernandina. 
He developed a boat that could haul big nets, catching more shrimp at a time. They lived in a bungalow off Centre St. 
The Shrimp Fest used to have shrimp boat races in the river. That stopped when engines were ruined. 
Local shrimp are the best, but it’s getting harder to find them. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Unfortunately there is a medical emergency on board so we are heading to Grand Turk. Hope tthey recover. 

20231228_174548.thumb.jpg.d68ebdf535b878ac0f4d97473f83027a.jpg

Screenshot_20231228_183951_Maps.thumb.jpg.efc67db9ecbc9953d48d66d0ab9b9f72.jpg

The aunt of a future grand son-in-law just died in a cruise. I didn’t ask what ship, but it happened after Christmas Eve. 

18 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

For those who use YouTube TV,  can you download shows to your device so you can watch while flying or on vacation.   Are there limits?

You can download to a device if you pay an extra $10 per month for their 4K Plus add on package.  In addition to downloads, it gives you 4K content where available and unlimited streams (i.e. different devices watching YouTube TV at the same time...normally limited to 3 streams).  I don't think there's a limit to what you can download but I've never done it, so I'm not sure.  

• Thanks 1