Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Breakfast in the Allure Crown Lounge this morning.   

IMG_0511.thumb.jpeg.9e8831b3033018421c7e47df7aa4f2eb.jpeg

IMG_0510.thumb.jpeg.8203714ff84e39cace529bcd9d2f8387.jpeg

I just wish they would clean these windows. 

IMG_0512.thumb.jpeg.3d7022bb3113ed7a12a450060853d491.jpeg

Still one of the nicest lounges remaining in the fleet.  

Was able to get a latte here at 5 am, but then the grounds needed emptied, and couldn’t get a second. 

Those windows looked just as bad in January and March of 2023.  I agree it’s a great lounge if you could just see out!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@dani negreanu  So sorry the war continues.  A long, hard four months for you.

How is your son and family doing in Amsterdam?

Thanks, Aussie 🌹

We were pleasantly surprised at how quickly the grands acclimated. We thought that the cold weather, the distance from the family, from friends and in general, from the familiar, would affect them, but it seems that kids are more resilient. My son and DIL enjoy the peace and quality of life very much.

Financially, they have greatly decreased in “level of life”, from two salaries to one salary, and from their apartment without a mortgage, to a rented apartment, to which they must add more than a third of what they receive for the apartment they rented in Israel. Nevertheless, we are very happy that they are not here and do not have to go through the horrors of this never-ending war.

• Like 26

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I was a great fan.

Actually, the series were called "Starsky & Hutch" [I'm mentioning it just to show that I'm thoroughly reading your posts 😘).

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

And, he played “Hutch”, to Paul Michael Glaser’s “Starsky”

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Dani @dani negreanu

Senior moment 🤣.

Pauline was talking about Cagney and Lacey while I was posting.

As well as having a #1 hit song in both US & UK🙃

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 4

My son and his family are in Washington D.C. for the weekend.  Tonight a Knicks game, tomorrow they will see the Cowboys. My son is a huge Dallas fan and has brought his son into the fold!   Next month I believe is Ohio for a Rangers game.  

• Like 5

@Sunshine3601 and @Jimbo you should be able to find pictures of the Falls on the Bella thread by now.  A friend of ours has permission to post them.

Since my Internet has been out again, I've only been going on our Dani thread, as well as Island Lady's thread about the World Cruise.😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@Sunshine3601 and @Jimbo you should be able to find pictures of the Falls on the Bella thread by now.  A friend of ours has permission to post them.

Since my Internet has been out again, I've only been going on our Dani thread, as well as Island Lady's thread about the World Cruise.😉

Thank you.   I hopped over to the floataway lounge and found them.   Beautiful photos.    I have been following Pat's (Island Lady) thread from the beginning.   Sounds like they are having a great time and Bucky is always silly in his photos.   

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you.   I hopped over to the floataway lounge and found them.   Beautiful photos.    I have been following Pat's (Island Lady) thread from the beginning.   Sounds like they are having a great time and Bucky is always silly in his photos.  

Yes, I'm Pat's threads also!

23 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Burn in has not been an issue.

Not an issue with us and love the quality.   

I can understand the fear if you only read about OLED TVs that came out over 10 years ago.  The tech that prevents burn-in is so good now.  No concern at all now.  I know of noone that has bought a new OLED in the last few years that has had burn-in problems.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Lunch today at Coco Beach Club

IMG_0524.thumb.jpeg.31a43c133b1c72e0db0b7a6e8bb35dbf.jpeg

IMG_0525.thumb.jpeg.438a97a7c7afb449d862a47faa344f9b.jpeg

IMG_0526.thumb.jpeg.016109288d07fb493f1da49b05288fc7.jpeg

IMG_0527.thumb.jpeg.07c3bff9b87307aabe14f2192ad4d99f.jpeg

Two ship in port

IMG_0528.thumb.jpeg.dbc4fb6e7fbd3daf9f11916a174ee13e.jpeg

Drinks tonight

IMG_0542.thumb.jpeg.deb0cc1de6af5db00a880edeb438bcc5.jpeg

IMG_0543.thumb.jpeg.d2901c155bd421c27eb0ae48de6f222f.jpeg

Aqua show later. 

OMG.  Those lunch photos are Graham worthy.

Havent had breakfast yet and I am drooling.  Cocktails look superb too.  What are the names of the cocktails please?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Havent had breakfast yet and I am drooling.

I read this as I am beginning to eat a hamburger for supper.  I had to recheck who posted this! 😆 

Good morning!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

OMG.  Those lunch photos are Graham worthy.

Havent had breakfast yet and I am drooling.  Cocktails look superb too.  What are the names of the cocktails please?

One is a mudslide, and the other is a Union Jack Lava Flow. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

As you know, I spray my Christmas tree before putting it up, just in case I didn’t put it up this year because it was just the two of us.

Yesterday, I was putting away the small group of stand alone decorations that put out Christmas just gone..  The storage boxes are stacked in the shed with the boxed Christmas tree on top.  As I moved the box with the Christmas tree in it, small black ants started coming out, i gingerly lifted the lid and there were thousands of ants swarming on the underside of the  Christmas tree cardboard  box lid  Ugh.  DH wasn’t home so I had to drag it down and drag it outside onto the grass, hoping the ants wouldn’t crawl on me..

it’s a new tree with fake snow on it.  We don’t usually have any ants in the shed and we haven’t got them anywhere else.  Think they were attracted by the fake snow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2024 at 4:00 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Southwest used to be pretty great from Providence with plenty of non-stop flights to various destinations, especially to Florida. However, now they are using Baltimore (BWI) as a hub and most everything is connecting through there. I really dislike it. It also seems to me like BWI is prone to weather issues. They get a problem and you are screwed even if FLL and PVD are perfectly clear.

Same thing is happening in Calif.  Used to be my go to airline….now, not so much.

• Like 1