Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Good morning, it’s a very warm one in Sydney today. Got up early and met BIL on the Central Coast and did the bushwalk down to Lobster Beach.7AAB05AE-AB13-4FEB-A1EC-601292D392EB.thumb.jpeg.6571f48ccfa76ae85deb92863f77fbf5.jpeg

31A36228-A733-4C7D-B9D4-E53E92FF44AA.thumb.jpeg.1212e9d3712e92cf2f2723c8f7fc4fb5.jpeg

460F0D24-E095-4957-9FF0-51CF81629546.thumb.jpeg.29a87663e149e0ddd6379087a2daa087.jpeg

0E4EE027-F251-48CE-A3B8-63B71D317C57.thumb.jpeg.6439b6e7229aa062a18caf2c93f55924.jpeg

It was nice to have the shade.  Currently it’s 33C ☀️

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Maybe you need to rename your cat to Ricky Bobby.  If you’re not first, your last. 😂

2nd place is really first place loser. 

- George Steinbreener 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Our next cruise is March 3rd on the Anthem.    Even though we have done this itinerary to the Bahamas several times I always enjoy a cruise to somewhere warm and sunny!   

I hear you!

Ours is on Feb 4.

And we also love Deck 6 on Quantum class and Deck 8 on Oasis class.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 3

On 1/18/2024 at 6:26 PM, A&L_Ont said:

It is a 2023 Lexus RX. It holds a fair amount of sports equipment but more importantly multiple cruise suitcases. 😄

Very nice, I'm sure he loves it.

44 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Very nice, I'm sure he loves it.

When Lisa lets him have her car he greatly appreciates it. We have already shown him how to top up the wiper fluid and gas tank.  If you are going to use it, you need to know how to take care of it. 

• Like 11

13 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Good morning, it’s a very warm one in Sydney today. Got up early and met BIL on the Central Coast and did the bushwalk down to Lobster Beach.7AAB05AE-AB13-4FEB-A1EC-601292D392EB.thumb.jpeg.6571f48ccfa76ae85deb92863f77fbf5.jpeg

31A36228-A733-4C7D-B9D4-E53E92FF44AA.thumb.jpeg.1212e9d3712e92cf2f2723c8f7fc4fb5.jpeg

460F0D24-E095-4957-9FF0-51CF81629546.thumb.jpeg.29a87663e149e0ddd6379087a2daa087.jpeg

0E4EE027-F251-48CE-A3B8-63B71D317C57.thumb.jpeg.6439b6e7229aa062a18caf2c93f55924.jpeg

It was nice to have the shade.  Currently it’s 33C ☀️

Yeah, we have the same problem here looking for shade to get out of the heat.... 18°F.

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I hear you!

Ours is on Feb 4.

What do you like about deck 6 on Q class? I'm always a bit concerned about obstructed views.

14 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

When Lisa lets him have her car he greatly appreciates it. We have already shown him how to top up the wiper fluid and gas tank.  If you are going to use it, you need to know how to take care of it. 

My father never taught me or my brother about that gas tank thing.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What do you like about deck 6 on Q class? I'm always a bit concerned about obstructed views.

We book the rooms that are not in the obstructed balcony section. Look up in the deck plan. By the aft elevators and by the front. Steer clear of the starboard aft deck 6 hump balconies.....although not obstructed, but the the smoking bus stop is under there on deck 5.
I like the proximity of deck 6 to everything on deck 5, Diamond Lounge on 4, one down Schooner bar, 270, the esplanade, etc.  It is just my preference. DH couldn't care less where the cabin is!

We have also had cabins on deck 13 front.....closer to the solarium and the secret door which you, me and everybody's brother know about, but I still prefer deck 6.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I hear you!

Ours is on Feb 4.

It seems we are just the opposite.  Deck 6 on Oasis class and deck 8 on quantum class.  

Just a short walk to Schooner bar on O class.  Priorities, priorities.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Toby and I are celebrating our Anniversary tomorrow.We will be married 57 years.

Happy Heinz Anniversary.  #57

Don’t know if they still do it, but if you sent a copy of your marriage certificate and a letter signed by husband and wife, to Heinz, they would send you a gift.  My parents got one when they had theit 57th. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Toby and I are celebrating our Anniversary tomorrow.We will be married 57 years.

Happy Anniversary wishes to you and Toby! Cheers to you both.

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

When I was a senior in high school ( private school) our board of directors received a grant from the state of Ohio to teach non traditional classes. 

One that interested me and I was selected to fill one of the 15 spots allocated for girls  (240 students applied) was called “How to”  “Drivers Ed” “Not behind the wheel”. 

So a local auto repair shop was contracted and a school guidance counselor was the coordinator to plan a 10 week program, to teach other non mechanical skills and field trips. 

1. How to check and change your oil

2. How to fill your window wash fluid 

3. How to check tire pressure 

4. How to change a tire

5. How to change windshield wipers

6. How to read a map 

7. How to change spark plugs

8. How to jump a dead battery with cables

9. How to clean a car. Interior / exterior and proper way to apply and remove wax. 
10 How to drive a stick vs automatic. 
11. How to drive on icy roads avoiding skids. 
12.  Then  it included  a visit to police station to talk to a cop on what consequences could be when breaking safety rules and getting arrested. 
13.  Finally a visit to the local hospital emergency room to meet with a physician talking about injuries and fatalities caused by un - safe driving. Speeding, not paying attention……. 
And the emotional impact when your parents arrived and were updated on your accident. From grim and  some dim. 

My father was so proud of me that I took the initiative to complete this course. I learned so much and had fun. 

My mother in the other hand was upset because “ sewing “ was one of the other classes she thought I should take. ( to this day I use a loyal seamstress). 

Your sharing of teaching basic car skills brought back great memories. 

Oh,  I passed the course and was selected to go to state capital (Columbus) to give a presentation. 
That outing is another story. Another time. 

Be safe. 

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1