Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I have had a hard time keeping up here the last couple days.  I have been taking care of patient 3225, otherwise known as my wife. 

IMG_0607.thumb.jpeg.eaeb4bf4e526202c23b26ec01cfa417e.jpeg

Everything turned out well, and we are back to normal.  

Lunch today was at a new Thai restaurant.  We have been there a couple of times, and haven’t found anything bad. 

You get a couple spring rolls with your meal, but we ordered some extras. 

IMG_0609.thumb.jpeg.90dc0695ccca6d83c029ecf8d9c29158.jpeg

Susan had shrimp fried rice. 

IMG_0611.thumb.jpeg.b5c70fd46c7f5a2f4d6706f1102eebb2.jpeg

I had Pad Thai

IMG_0610.thumb.jpeg.9ccdd3c37f92fe0706068588f0d2ccbc.jpeg

I was hesitant to order it, because I got violently ill on some I had at Universal Studios last year.  

Much better outcome today.  

Off to work a funeral dinner at our church tonight. 

• Like 11

On 1/24/2024 at 4:25 PM, helen haywood said:

DH has had a cold that developed into bronchitis.  Started on the 16th…and it wasn’t until Friday after 5 that he decided a prescription might help.  So Monday he started a Z Pack.  So I’ve been home most of two weeks.  Luckily I’ve had congenial company (NOT DH.)

IMG_5745.jpeg

IMG_5747.jpeg

IMG_5743.jpeg

I am so envious, we have been without a cat for about two months , we will be looking for kittens when we get back from our 12 day vacation in March , wife is struggling between going to animal shelter and getting a ragdoll from a breeder , our last cat which we did get from a shelter turned out to be a ragdoll which we loved . 

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, George C said:

I am so envious, we have been without a cat for about two months , we will be looking for kittens when we get back from our 12 day vacation in March , wife is struggling between going to animal shelter and getting a ragdoll from a breeder , our last cat which we did get from a shelter turned out to be a ragdoll which we loved . 

I personally always vote for shelter cats. There are always so many in the shelter that need homes.

Barring that, look into seeing if there's a breed rescue you could adopt from. I don't know if they have them for cats, but at least for dogs they specialize in rehoming a certain breed that have been surrendered for whatever reason.

Adopt, don't shop.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I have had a hard time keeping up here the last couple days.  I have been taking care of patient 3225, otherwise known as my wife. 

Lunch today was at a new Thai restaurant.  We have been there a couple of times, and haven’t found anything bad. 

I had Pad Thai

I was hesitant to order it, because I got violently ill on some I had at Universal Studios last year.  

Happy to hear your Wife, aka patient 3225 is OK 😊

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, George C said:

I vote for shelter.   We have some great cats from a local rescue shelter.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I personally always vote for shelter cats. There are always so many in the shelter that need homes.

Barring that, look into seeing if there's a breed rescue you could adopt from. I don't know if they have them for cats, but at least for dogs they specialize in rehoming a certain breed that have been surrendered for whatever reason.

Adopt, don't shop.

I agree, we will get to kittens I prefer both from shelter, if not we will get at least one from shelter. Once we go to the shelter I think my wife will change her mind . 

• Like 7

Nothing but gloomy, dreary, drizzly weather here with a little snow mixed in earlier this week.  The high today was 55 degrees and we have more rain coming over the next several days. I’ll take it, along with the warmer temps, over snow any day, 

@Luckynana has it warmed up at all for you? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Nothing but gloomy, dreary, drizzly weather here with a little snow mixed in earlier this week.  The high today was 55 degrees and we have more rain coming over the next several days. I’ll take it, along with the warmer temps, over snow any day, 

@Luckynana has it warmed up at all for you? 

Same here in Michigan, although Tues and Wed didn't get quite as warm and we had a lot of icing on our dirt roads, thereby no school.  A weird thing about living in the Detroit suburbs is that we do have dirt roads and they are considered exclusive (which makes no sense but just trust me) as they are in the "country" as opposed to the "city".  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I saw a video on the prep for the naming ceremony of Icon. It mostly featured Michael Bayley. However, it also had a fair amount if shots including Jason Liberty. Every time they showed him I would feel some contempt for what he is doing to this cruise line.😏

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I had Pad Thai

Tracking system looks very familiar 

Glad everything came out well. 

Take care. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I had Pad Thai

Happy to hear everything went well even though I missed what she had done. 

I’ve been not as focused keeping up with various threads on CC and posting. I’ve hit a very frustrating period in my knee replacement rehab. Dealing with a lot of pain and restless leg syndrome at night that’s driving be crazy. My rom  bend isn’t progressing as much as I wanted. Very depressed right now with everything.

• Like 16

The weather here was great yesterday but in the few weeks before...not so much.  Lots of gray skies and temps that were even dipping into the 30s.  While that's nothing compared to what many of you have been experiencing, it's still a little depressing.  We therefore decided that we need to go someplace warm. 

We'll be flying down to Punta Cana (Dominican Republic) in 3 weeks.  We were there 20 years ago when our kids were young (to address winter cabin fever while living in Cincinnati) but have not been back since.  We'll be staying at Secrets Cap Cana, an adult only all-inclusive which gets good reviews.  This will be a pure relaxation trip with no "excursions" planned.  Just beach, pool, food, drink, repeat.  Has anyone been to Secrets Cap Cana? 

• Like 16

I am looking for a recommendation from some of our friends here.  

Our plans for Summer of Fun 4.0 continue, and part of that is to take the grandkids and our daughter and SIL on the Utopia.  I just booked all of our flights to Orlando MCO).

Has anyone used a car service they can recommend.  Since there will be seven of us, plus luggage, I would like to keep all of us in one vehicle like a van or stretch limo, instead of using a couple Ubers.  We would be going to our hotel at Port Canaveral, since we arrive the day before the cruise.

If anyone has someone they could recommend, I would appreciate it. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I’ve hit a very frustrating period in my knee replacement rehab. Dealing with a lot of pain and restless leg syndrome at night that’s driving be crazy. My rom  bend isn’t progressing as much as I wanted. Very depressed right now with everything.

You are bound to hit some setbacks, Greg.   That is what happened when my mom had hers done.   Just keep working at it, and it will get better.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

.  This will be a pure relaxation trip with no "excursions" planned.  Just beach, pool, food, drink, repeat.  Has anyone been to Secrets Cap Cana? 

Sounds like a great trip. Let us know how you like it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

You are bound to hit some setbacks, Greg.   That is what happened when my mom had hers done.   Just keep working at it, and it will get better.

Thanks I will continue to work hard. It just gets tiring of always hurting. But I know this is what I signed up for. I experienced the same on my first knee replacement.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

If anyone has someone they could recommend, I would appreciate it. 

I don’t know if they service the Orlando/Port Canaveral area…but I’ve used Larry’s Limo several times with great results.  Might call and ask.  If they don’t they might be able to recommend a company.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Happy to hear everything went well even though I missed what she had done. 

I’ve been not as focused keeping up with various threads on CC and posting. I’ve hit a very frustrating period in my knee replacement rehab. Dealing with a lot of pain and restless leg syndrome at night that’s driving be crazy. My rom  bend isn’t progressing as much as I wanted. Very depressed right now with everything.

I am sorry that things aren't progressing.  Pain and restless leg would be depressing.  I am sending  virtual positive thoughts for you.  

• Like 4