Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Went to our churches fundraising last evening. 
Took some chances on the “Chinese baskets raffle “. 
Out of the 30 basket selections and putting tickets in on ten choices I won 3. 
Two children gift baskets (for Zoey) 

and 

One Pizza stone and supplies for daughter. 
It was a fun night. 

Enjoy the day. 

Edited by Lionesss
Will not let me show pictures.
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I saw him posting on one of the world cruise blogs on FB today.   I am wondering if he is taking a break from CC or playing monopoly

Sounds like he is still getting his cruise fix there VS here.  

12 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

Poor Jimbo. I think his words and how he says things are taken out of context sometimes.  Deep down I believe he means well.

I agree with you.  He reminds me of my FIL Art who has passed; the occasional comment could be worded better or just not made to avoid a situation. 

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'd put my money on Monopoly.

How long has it been, maybe a week?  If it was a one week game he should be showing up soon. It feels like a week since I’ve seen anything from him, but I’m guessing. I’ve been busy with mom and her recovery and not CC that much. 

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@bobmacliberty hey Bob, I just finished reading the Hawaii portion of your review from last September for at least the 3rd time so far! Question for you regarding the Grand Hyatt in Kauai.  Some recent Google reviews are not great. In particular, people are commenting that the rooms are dated and there are several comments about musty smelling rooms and mold in the shower.  Maybe these are more standard rooms as opposed to Oceanfront or Oceanview rooms? I didn’t see anything similar in your statements about the resort. To be honest, the majority of reviews are 5/5 glowing reports, but since there are several mentioning the same concerns, I thought I’d get your input.  
Are there newer/older areas of the resort?  I’m also considering the Sonesta which is is Lihue, so if you (or anyone else) can add any comments regarding Lihue vs Poipu, I would greatly appreciate it.  

I don't remember noticing any issues at the Grand Hyatt at all, in either our room or the public spaces.  I checked with Micheline, who is more sensitive to that kind of stuff, and she didn't see anything either.  All seemed perfect.  I don't know if there are newer or older sections at the resort but we were close to the main building with the lobby.  Our room probably would have been there since the resort was built.  For what it's worth, we were in a "KG PRT OCN VW" which is a "Private lanai: 1 King pillow top: Partial ocean view from lanai; 500 sq feet".  It was a step up from a base room in terms of view, but not anything fancy enough that it would have received special cleaning attention.  It was just above the number 29 on the resort map below, overlooking the pool area with a view of the ocean in the distance to the right.

page-bg-resortmap.thumb.png.9590f06dff8909514fee9ded2e27d688.png

As for Lihue vs Poipu, it's probably a matter of what you plan to do/where you plan to go while there.  The Royal Sonesta looks like a very nice resort and the beach looked really nice when we had lunch at Duke's, which is right there.  The Hyatt pool complex is great and would be a nice advantage if that's important (i.e. if you'll have extended family with you).  You probably can't go wrong with either choice purely from a resort perspective.  

We've only been to Kauai once and I'm far from an expert but here's what I would say about the locations.  Advantages of Lihue...close to the airport (including helicopter tours) and the main commercial area of Kauai.  Slightly shorter (about 15 minutes less) drive to Princeville and other attractions in the north shore area.  You're also a little closer to things near the east coast like the Smith's Family Garden Luau (considered but didn't do) and Wailua Falls.  Advantages of Poipu...more of a vacation/resort area when you leave the hotel property.  Slightly shorter drive (about 15 minutes less) to the Napali coast boat trips and Waimea Canyon.  If you'll have a rental car, the driving distance differences aren't that big of a deal.  

In planning for Kauai, I listed a lot of potential things to do in OneNote.  In case it's helpful for your planning, I exported it to a .pdf file.  Hope this helps.

Kauai.pdf

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Sounds like he is still getting his cruise fix there VS here.  

I agree with you.  He reminds me of my FIL Art who has passed; the occasional comment could be worded better or just not made to avoid a situation. 

How long has it been, maybe a week?  If it was a one week game he should be showing up soon. It feels like a week since I’ve seen anything from him, but I’m guessing. I’ve been busy with mom and her recovery and not CC that much. 

It depends on how many times he has lost the game before. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I don't remember noticing any issues at the Grand Hyatt at all, in either our room or the public spaces.  I checked with Micheline, who is more sensitive to that kind of stuff, and she didn't see anything either.  All seemed perfect.  I don't know if there are newer or older sections at the resort but we were close to the main building with the lobby.  Our room probably would have been there since the resort was built.  For what it's worth, we were in a "KG PRT OCN VW" which is a "Private lanai: 1 King pillow top: Partial ocean view from lanai; 500 sq feet".  It was a step up from a base room in terms of view, but not anything fancy enough that it would have received special cleaning attention.  It was just above the number 29 on the resort map below, overlooking the pool area with a view of the ocean in the distance to the right.

page-bg-resortmap.thumb.png.9590f06dff8909514fee9ded2e27d688.png

As for Lihue vs Poipu, it's probably a matter of what you plan to do/where you plan to go while there.  The Royal Sonesta looks like a very nice resort and the beach looked really nice when we had lunch at Duke's, which is right there.  The Hyatt pool complex is great and would be a nice advantage if that's important (i.e. if you'll have extended family with you).  You probably can't go wrong with either choice purely from a resort perspective.  

We've only been to Kauai once and I'm far from an expert but here's what I would say about the locations.  Advantages of Lihue...close to the airport (including helicopter tours) and the main commercial area of Kauai.  Slightly shorter (about 15 minutes less) drive to Princeville and other attractions in the north shore area.  You're also a little closer to things near the east coast like the Smith's Family Garden Luau (considered but didn't do) and Wailua Falls.  Advantages of Poipu...more of a vacation/resort area when you leave the hotel property.  Slightly shorter drive (about 15 minutes less) to the Napali coast boat trips and Waimea Canyon.  If you'll have a rental car, the driving distance differences aren't that big of a deal.  

In planning for Kauai, I listed a lot of potential things to do in OneNote.  In case it's helpful for your planning, I exported it to a .pdf file.  Hope this helps.

Kauai.pdf 97.65 kB · 1 download

Thank you for this Bob. I have been making a Hawaii file for when we go and this will be great info to have.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It depends on how many times he has lost the game before. 

Yes, one would never know it it’s a one week lap around the board or a month’s worth.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Like OB, I too am curious how she sounds today.  She sounded like an angel during the height of her popularity.  I saw her at the Newport Folk Festival in the mid 60s and to me, she was the highlight of the whole evening.

23 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'll be interested to hear from you on how her voice is holding up at 84 yo. Where is the concert?

Concert was fantastic I thought we were in third row but we were in first row since they had to extend the floor to accommodate Richardson Symphony Orchestra which backed her up. She told some interesting stories along with her songs , her voice is still remarkable, sounding like a angel is a great way to describe her voice. One of the singers who plays at our favorite restaurant is a few years older than Judy. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, George C said:

Concert was fantastic I thought we were in third row but we were in first row since they had to extend the floor to accommodate Richardson Symphony Orchestra which backed her up. She told some interesting stories along with her songs , her voice is still remarkable, sounding like a angel is a great way to describe her voice. One of the singers who plays at our favorite restaurant is a few years older than Judy. 

I've seen some recent pictures where she has short hair now. Is this a fact?

18 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Like OB, I too am curious how she sounds today.  She sounded like an angel during the height of her popularity.  I saw her at the Newport Folk Festival in the mid 60s and to me, she was the highlight of the whole evening.

We went to the Newport Folk Festival many times.There is a book titled Festival Songbook .It has pictures from many music festivals ,songs and on the second page there are thumbnail pictures of many people who attended including me.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I like it that way. At this time in her life I think it looks better.

My wife has short hair for last decade or two , people say she looks like Jamie Lee Curtis . I was hoping to run into her at the hotel across the street , was in the elevator with Arlo Guthrie after one of his concerts there.

Edited by George C
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Quick drop in.  I saw something that made me think of my good friend @Sea Dog Greg.  Cheers! Have a great day!

20240128_131732.thumb.jpg.d9bf492a9cca787c95355a84c77b0a49.jpg

Ahhhh, my sweet elixir! Have a great cruise and cheers to you!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IMG_20240123_071231.thumb.jpg.690dbbc5ce4b602a1a1baec57daea516.jpgGood evening.

We got home this afternoon from our 14 nights Canary Islands cruise on P&O Iona.

We sailed from Southampton England to :--

Madeira.

Tenerife.

Gran Canaria.

Fuetuvenura.

Lanzarote.

Cadiz.

Lisbon.

We had an Aft balcony and ate in Speciality restaurants every night.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

IMG_20240116_112102.jpg

IMG_20240117_081033.jpg

IMG_20240118_170350.jpg

IMG_20240124_075647.jpg

IMG_20240125_183753.jpg

IMG_20240121_182031.jpg

IMG_20240121_191632.jpg

IMG_20240120_183846.jpg

IMG_20240119_184657.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

We got home this afternoon from our 14 nights Canary Islands cruise on P&O Iona.

Looks like a nice cruise, Graham.  

That food makes me hungry. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1