Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Hi @grapau27Graham, I would be interested in knowing if you did excursions in Cadiz and Lisbon or walked around on your own. Thank you.

We had almost the same itinerary like Graham, and for Lisbon we used a company, appropriately named "We hate tourism tours".... Highly recommended. We made the most of our day stop in Lisbon.

https://www.wehatetourismtours.com/

• Like 7

On 1/27/2024 at 8:30 AM, Momof3gurlz said:

Yes, Bon Voyage @ReneeFLL, @Ozark_Kid

@FromSea2ShiningSea as well as @Ourusualbeach already onboard! 

Wishing you all a wonderful, happy cruise on the Icon this week!  I hope you all can find each other on this new, massive ship!  Bon Voyage!!

20 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Like OB, I too am curious how she sounds today.  She sounded like an angel during the height of her popularity.  I saw her at the Newport Folk Festival in the mid 60s and to me, she was the highlight of the whole evening.

Jim and I also got to enjoy at least one of her Concerts years ago!

• Like 1

It appears I have my Disney research cut out for me.  After talking about our post Utopia cruise plans, we thought we would try something different than staying at the Portofino hotel at Universal.  Since we took our grandson there last summer, his mom and dad took him to the one in California last Thanksgiving, and they plan on going again in March.  With three Universal trips for him, Disney seemed like a better option.

So now we are booked for seven days at the Wilderness lodge.

IMG_6654.thumb.jpeg.310123ec80d66e75daba1413351c7ae7.jpeg

We have park hopper passes, and many of the meals included, but now I have to find out about booking times, genies, and all those other good things.  

It was so much easier years ago.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

Hi @grapau27Graham, I would be interested in knowing if you did excursions in Cadiz and Lisbon or walked around on your own. Thank you.

We have been to Cadiz and Lisbon many times.

Our ship docked close to town in both ports.

There are tours to Seville from Cadiz but it is a 90 minutes coach journey.

Cadiz has a compact centre with several side streets full of interesting independent shops (photos)

IMG_20240123_092403.jpg

IMG_20240123_092410.jpg

IMG_20240123_115255.jpg

IMG_20240123_115327.jpg

IMG_20240123_115458.jpg

IMG_20240123_121713.jpg

IMG_20240123_124223.jpg

IMG_20240123_121338.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

@A&L_Ont  How is your Mom doing, Andrew?  Has her BP been behaving?

Much better than a week ago. She’s walking a great distance and taking 80% of her weight on her new hip. I see her every other day, but we still have 24 hours care and daily physio for 1 hour every day. It makes a huge difference.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Quick drop in.  I saw something that made me think of my good friend @Sea Dog Greg.  Cheers! Have a great day!

20240128_131732.thumb.jpg.d9bf492a9cca787c95355a84c77b0a49.jpg

Congratulations to Seadog and all KC fans, I figured if they could be the Bills they could beat Ravens. Hopefully Detroit will win tonight.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, George C said:

Congratulations to Seadog and all KC fans, I figured if they could be the Bills they could beat Ravens. Hopefully Detroit will win tonight.

I was a nervous wreck! Survive and advance. I didn’t think they would get this far. Mahomes is definitely an incredible player but it was the defense that won that game.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I was a nervous wreck! Survive and advance. I didn’t think they would get this far. Mahomes is definitely an incredible player but it was the defense that won that game.

I had a feeling KC would win but didn’t say anything so not to put the Jinx on.  Happy for you @Sea Dog and your Chiefs.  (also jealous ! lol)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I had a feeling KC would win but didn’t say anything so not to put the Jinx on.  Happy for you @Sea Dog and your Chiefs.  (also jealous ! lol)

That game about gave me a heart attack. Very stressful as I knew how good Baltimore is. Survive and advance I’ll take it. Mahomes and Kelcie were incredible but the defense won that game.

Sorry for the repeat .

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It appears I have my Disney research cut out for me.  After talking about our post Utopia cruise plans, we thought we would try something different than staying at the Portofino hotel at Universal.  Since we took our grandson there last summer, his mom and dad took him to the one in California last Thanksgiving, and they plan on going again in March.  With three Universal trips for him, Disney seemed like a better option.

So now we are booked for seven days at the Wilderness lodge.

IMG_6654.thumb.jpeg.310123ec80d66e75daba1413351c7ae7.jpeg

We have park hopper passes, and many of the meals included, but now I have to find out about booking times, genies, and all those other good things.  

It was so much easier years ago.

You’re absolutely right about it being so much easier years ago!  At least they’ve recently done away with the park reservation requirement.  I can’t offer much regarding Genie+ as we leave this up to my oldest to arrange; she’s a whiz at it.  I will say it’s worth it to purchase Lightning Lane. They’re much like a ride reservation, similar to the old Fast Pass system, except FP’s were free and now they’ve found a way to have you pay for it.  LL is definitely needed for any must-do and/or newer rides such as Tron and the Star Wars attractions. 
We have not stayed at Wilderness Lodge but have dined there. It’s a gorgeous resort.  I can also recommend Whispering Canyon Cafe right there, which is family style and a really fun, interactive experience that our grandsons (11 and 9 at the time) loved.  

• Like 5

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

IMG_20240123_071231.thumb.jpg.690dbbc5ce4b602a1a1baec57daea516.jpgGood evening.

We got home this afternoon from our 14 nights Canary Islands cruise on P&O Iona.

We sailed from Southampton England to :--

Madeira.

Tenerife.

Gran Canaria.

Fuetuvenura.

Lanzarote.

Cadiz.

Lisbon.

We had an Aft balcony and ate in Speciality restaurants every night.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

IMG_20240116_112102.jpg

IMG_20240117_081033.jpg

IMG_20240118_170350.jpg

IMG_20240124_075647.jpg

IMG_20240125_183753.jpg

IMG_20240121_182031.jpg

IMG_20240121_191632.jpg

IMG_20240120_183846.jpg

IMG_20240119_184657.jpg

Welcome home.   Food looks amazing.  That is one very large filet!   

Was weather decent the whole cruise?   What would be the average temperature this time of year?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1