Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, voyager70 said:

I actually like the Chiefs, but sooo sick of the whole Kelce/T Swift media obsession. Never, ever been a fan of the Niners. Sorry to all the NorCal folks 🙂

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I wish the media would leave them alone. But I am very happy for them. Great love story.

Not just the media. American Airlines is getting in on the act.  Direct flights from KC to LV aboard AA Flight 15 (Mahomes)  or AA Flight 1989 (Swifts birth year). Return trip on AA Flight 87 (Kelsce)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39416919/american-airlines-super-bowl-chiefs-travis-kelce-taylor-swift

Wonder which flight # will sell out first?🙂

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

I don't think Taylor Swift will be at the Super Bowl. She has a scheduled concert in Japan. 

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I read where she can finish her concert in time to fly back for the Super Bowl. The last concert in Japan is the tenth so doable.  Her Australia tour is a few days after the Super Bowl.  She is young, she can handle the jet lag!!!

Maybe she can perform at the halftime show and Usher & Reba can be her backup singers? 😁

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I don’t mind. I think she is beautiful. 😉

I do as well. She has grown up nicely.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I’m extremely lucky to have such a cat (and the “touch.”) 😁

33 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Well, cats are like women.  No two alike.  Extremely mysterious.  😁

16 minutes ago, George C said:

All 4 cats that we had liked to be petted but agree they all had different personality.

I can pet Leonard until my arm falls off.  Not big on belly rubs but his neck, ears, nose, chin, throat, back, he can never get enough.  The fact he allows me to pet his throat is amazing, that's a very trusting animal. 

The mysterious thing is he refuses to sit on anyone's lap and only my step daughter can hold him. And that is only for a minute at the most  He was a 6-8 week old stray when she found him so maybe he had an early life trauma?  Otherwise, he's extremely affectionate. He recognizes the sound of her car when she pulls into the driveway & runs to the front door to greet her. He never does that with any other car. He will follow us from room to room, sit on the arm of my chair and head butt me until I start petting him. And if I ignore the head butt long enough, he'll gently bite on my shirt sleeve & pull my arm towards him as if to say "Pet me! NOW!"

It's been established he's the alpha male in this household 😛

• Like 6
  • Haha 10

32 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Not just the media. American Airlines is getting in on the act.  Direct flights from KC to LV aboard AA Flight 15 (Mahomes)  or AA Flight 1989 (Swifts birth year). Return trip on AA Flight 87 (Kelsce)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39416919/american-airlines-super-bowl-chiefs-travis-kelce-taylor-swift

Wonder which flight # will sell out first?🙂

Maybe she can perform at the halftime show and Usher & Reba can be her backup singers? 😁

I do as well. She has grown up nicely.

United airlines doing the same thing Among the flight numbers are UA 1989, for the singer's album; UA 2287, a combination of Swift's hit song "22" and Kelce's jersey number; and UA 1587, which combines Kelce's jersey number with that of Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes, who is 15.

I don’t have a problem with any of it. It’s all in fun and let’s face it the Super Bowl is all hype.

Wouldn’t that be a surprise if she performed with Usher.

And yes I think she is one of the most natural beautiful woman in this he world. I’m not embarrassed to say I respect her greatly.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

And yes I think she is one of the most natural beautiful woman in this he world. I’m not embarrassed to say I respect her greatly.

Agreed. Even if someone isn't a fan of her music or song writing or just tired of the media saturation of all things Taylor, she should still be respected as a business person / promoter / marketer. You don't become a billionaire by accident. And if she is not in charge of her business, then she must've hired some very savvy people to run her brand, which make her very savvy too.  Just Google "Taylor Swift Business" to see the many articles that describe the impact she has had on the music industry. 

Sure she'll get some grief about writing a song about an ex-boyfriend but I've never heard any bad Diva type stories about how she is difficult to work with. Quite the opposite, she is very generous with her staff. And charity in general, which she does quietly.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 15

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Agreed. Even if someone isn't a fan of her music or song writing or just tired of the media saturation of all things Taylor, she should still be respected as a business person / promoter / marketer. You don't become a billionaire by accident. And if she is not in charge of her business, then she must've hired some very savvy people to run her brand, which make her very savvy too.  Just Google "Taylor Swift Business" to see the many articles that describe the impact she has had on the music industry. 

Sure she'll get some grief about writing a some about an ex-boyfriend but I've never heard any bad Diva type stories about how she is difficult to work with. Quite the opposite, she is very generous with her staff. And charity in general, which she does quietly.

She’s obviously good for the NFL

https://news.yahoo.com/taylor-swift-reportedly-generated-332-142501318.html

Id like to see fewer stories and shots of her. Just leave her and Travis alone.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, George C said:

This was Joebob on a blanket which was on my wife lap

image.thumb.jpeg.79bb54eccb1cba9104f70b44a8b2d2c8.jpeg

I tried that trick with Leonard.  Draped a blanket over my lap & both arms of my chair, thinking he'd jump up on the arm of the chair & then step onto my hidden lap thinking is was part of the chair.

Nope. I had my left arm under the blanket, right arm out of the blanket. He jumped up on the left side of the  chair, saw there was no hand to pet him so lept over my hidden lap to the right side of the chair to demand petting. I'm pretty sure he shot me a look that said "I know there is a lap under that blanket, no way am I stepping on it, do you think I'm stupid?" 😆

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 13

20 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

She’s obviously good for the NFL

https://news.yahoo.com/taylor-swift-reportedly-generated-332-142501318.html

Id like to see fewer stories and shots of her. Just leave her and Travis alone.

I saw something on tv that many young girls have now bonded with their Dad's over football since Taylor arrived on the football scene, and some have become interested in learning the game.  So there's that!😊

• Like 10

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 41°F and the rain has stopped for now after 2 days of rain.

I hope everyone is safe and well and y'all have a wonderful day.

All y'all have a wonderful day too.  Today should be the last messy day of the kitchen remodel.  Then February 6th the granite is installed.  I will have pictures.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Anyone cruise on Princess recently?  

I’ve just done some searching for July this summer and RC prices are insane and we are considering the Enchanted Princess. It won’t have the flair of the RC big girls but that’s OK.  One week on her is half the cost of a week on a Freedom Class ship, and her inaugural cruise was November 2021.  That would be in a comparable OS.

We have done 12 cruises with Princess but haven’t sailed with them in over 10 years. 

We loved the Enchanted Princess. The ship is beautiful. Great service, great staff, great embarkation etc etc etc. We have an on board deposit so will be looking at some sailings.

It is not RC, with the flow rider and the slides, it is different so go with that in mind. I think it is more tasteful, a bit more adult oriented, and I think kids may be bored. But that's what it seemed to me. Some things are better some are not. But "better and not" are relative like food is.  You cannot beat the Royal perks, like the CnA drinks, booking discounts, etc. But we really enjoyed Princess and would go again on the newer ships.

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

We loved the Enchanted Princess. The ship is beautiful. Great service, great staff, great embarkation etc etc etc. We have an on board deposit so will be looking at some sailings.

It is not RC, with the flow rider and the slides, it is different so go with that in mind. I think it is more tasteful, a bit more adult oriented, and I think kids may be bored. But that's what it seemed to me. Some things are better some are not. But "better and not" are relative like food is.  You cannot beat the Royal perks, like the CnA drinks, booking discounts, etc. But we really enjoyed Princess and would go again on the newer ships.

Thanks for this information.  Your thoughts were exactly what we were personally expecting.  We would sail in a suite, so some benefits would come along with our current Princess ones. We are actually 3 cruises away from their top tier, but not in a rush to get there. 

• Like 4