Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just now, DaniDanielle said:

He is not improving. Therapist came today and did some stuff but he just can’t get moving.  He hasn’t been able to get upstairs to bed so sleeping downstairs has not been great.  I think they sent him home too soon.

Sorry to hear that. 😞 He must be so sore. I hope he starts improving soon.  I hope you are getting some sleep and aren't up worrying all night. 🙂 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

He is not improving. Therapist came today and did some stuff but he just can’t get moving.  He hasn’t been able to get upstairs to bed so sleeping downstairs has not been great.  I think they sent him home too soon.

Oh man, Marietta.  I am so sorry.  (((hugs)))

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My younger daughter and her 15 year old live with us, so they help.  My poor widowed daughter is here every day so they help.  She teaches in the school down the street .  Her two go there so, at least five days they are here.

It is great you have such a supportive family.  Just try to take care of yourself too.  Sending prayers to all of you.  🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sorry to hear he is not moving well.  I hope he starts moving better and you get some rest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

I hope Susan and your grandson feel better quickly.  My grandson is home sick today;  my other grandson finally went back to school last week.  Flu and stomach bug is hitting our town in NJ pretty badly.  On another note, Covid has been going around in my Community here in Naples since we got here.  Fingers crossed🫰  I've been doing my best to avoid it before our cruise...

Stay well Maryanne. I got covid in early January, few days before my Wonder cruise. Had to cancel. Royal was not concerned and said ok to board. But I did NOT want to be anywhere sick with covid a nd distributing free germs.  Also canceled the Reflection cruise we had booked that was within one week of coming back from the Wonder. I was absolutely fine for my February Symphony cruise. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think you have to have a premium account with YouTube to do that. I don't know how much it costs. I just have a subscription to Spotify (Apple Music is another alternative) which has just about song I've ever wanted to listen to.

There are ways to take a YouTube video address and convert the file to an mp3 audio file that you can then store on your phone and listen to when ever you want. However, YouTube has become smarter over the years an found ways to block those sites from accessing YouTube files in order to do the conversion.

If you have an unlimited data plan, so that you are not tied to an internet connection, Spotify is only something like $11 a month. It is much less time consuming than doing pirated audio conversions of YouTube video files. When I don't have an internet connection I just stream with cellular data. I do have my home music collection (from when CDs were a thing) all on my phone as well as on a thumb drive that I keep in the car. Though in the car I mostly listen to XM Radio.

Also keep in mind that anything you are able to download from YouTube with a subscription is going to be a video file that is going to take up much more of your phone's memory than an mp3 audio file will.

OB is correct.  I have a YouTube Premium account and I can download any YouTube video to watch offline.  The music that you listen to is embedded in a video file that, as OB said, is much larger than an .mp3 music file.  You play any downloaded files using the YouTube app, not an audio app.  YouTube is very much trying to crack down on any 3rd party ways to save their videos and/or extract audio from the video.  If you really want to go that route, use a free software app called Audacity.  You can tell it to record the sound on your computer such that you start recording in Audacity, then start playing the YouTube video, then stop the recording when the video is done, and save as an .mp3 file.  The recording quality will be slightly degraded from the original file since you're recording the analog translation of the digital file, and then saving back to digital.  Audacity is pretty powerful and has a somewhat steep learning curve.  Probably not worth the effort.

I also agree with OB's recommendation for Spotify.  I've found almost every song that I've searched for on Spotify.  The only exception has been some of @Sea Dog's obscure Christmas music.  With Spotify, you can easily create and share playlists.  I've got a playlist of pool music that's 2 hours long (Jimmy Buffett, Zac Brown, Bob Marley, etc.), and one for upbeat rock that's 4.5 hours long (What I Like About You, Walking on Sunshine, Livin' On A Prayer, Pump It Up, etc.).  I've saved playlists that others have created as well.  Well worth the monthly fee if you're a fan of music of any genre.

Other good streaming music playing options include Pandora and Amazon Music.  I tend to use one of these services like a radio station where I can select a specific genre (jazz, classic rock, classical, etc.) and let the service pick the specific songs.   

Oops...should have quoted @Arzeena's original message instead of OB's reply.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

AS I was doing my daily walk at our local mall, that starts out going through our local Sears, an employee told my this was the stores last day.  I don't know if they are closing all of them, but i think there are only about 13 left. 

Nothing on the news yet, but the guy said they had just found out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Ok I have a question for my music and tech experts here: Greg, Bob, Mark, and all

There is some music I listen to on You tube regularly. I bookmarked the link and use it from there.

is there a way to download the file  to my phone (Samsung S21) and i pad and not go via a browser and you tube to listen to it?
Thanks.

OB and Bob have answered this quite well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

AS I was doing my daily walk at our local mall, that starts out going through our local Sears, an employee told my this was the stores last day.  I don't know if they are closing all of them, but i think there are only about 13 left. 

Nothing on the news yet, but the guy said they had just found out.

I didn't know there were any Sears left, much less 13 of them. 

I do know there is one Blockbuster left, in Bend Oregon 

• Like 4

There is one left in SF Bay Area. It is quite a way aways, though. We used to have an Outlet store, too. It was great for appliances. I miss Sears, but not enough to drive some distance to get there. I wonder if JC Penney will be next.   

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I didn't know there were any Sears left, much less 13 of them. 

I do know there is one Blockbuster left, in Bend Oregon 

I also thought all the Sears were gone.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Anyways, the haze wasn't so bad but the dramatic weather change was. After a few mild, spring like days of high 50's, almost May-like 60 degree days, a cold front roared in last night, torrential rain, 60 mph winds and a 30+ degree drop in the temperature. Woke up to high 20's today & lots of downed branches.  Thankfully we didn't lost power.

We went through the same storm and drastic change from 64f yesterday to 20s this morning and high 30s with some mild wind this afternoon.

Soo happy to soon be in warm sunny weather next week.  Board Anthem Sunday.

• Like 14