Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Today is National Pet Day. 

IMG_6940.thumb.jpeg.c5204575790ae4ed7bba410db5601d56.jpeg

A Ricky update.  I took him to the vet this week for a blood test.  He wasn’t happy they had to stick him 3 times to get blood.  Everything looks good so far. His blood count is up.  Still looks a little funny with short leg hairs. 

IMG_0946.thumb.jpeg.5ebf65e39929a3615f0736134e9d8f5b.jpeg

I will have to take him again next week, so hopefully his counts will still be up.  

• Like 26

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

A Ricky update.  I took him to the vet this week for a blood test.  He wasn’t happy they had to stick him 3 times to get blood.  Everything looks good so far. His blood count is up.  Still looks a little funny with short leg hairs

Great news. I’m glad he is feeling better.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

Do you.make estimated quarterly payments.  It still hurts but in smaller bites and more often.  Sigh.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I do make quarterly payments. Let's just say my estimates were "slightly" off last year. Very untypical of me.🙄😑😢🤧

In response to the 2 posts above, it’s one way to “eat an elephant”.

• Haha 7

Oh boy.  OJ Simpson.  We were doing some indoor painting during the trial and watched Court TV all day.  It was absolutely astounding to me to see what the MSM’s reporting in the evening was of the recap.  Not at all what had really occurred!  Felt especially sorry for Ron Goldman’s family.  Glad OJ was found guilty in the civil case.  Vincent Bugliosi wrote a fantastic book about the trial:  Outrage:  The Five Reasons OJ Simpson Got Away With Murder.  Also felt terrible for OJ and Nicole’s children.

• Like 12

11 hours ago, NHProud said:

Really , if I remember correctly you wanted out of CA . I must be mistaken.  
The LA freeways are not the German autobahn . Be careful ! 

You do remember correctly but after looking at different areas we have changed our mind.
Those areas still hold great appeal but we'll probably wait until retirement and then look to purchase a second home in one of those area we liked so much.  Along with some other reasons, both DW and I just couldn't move away from our daughter and the kids so we scrapped that plan.

The area we are in now was chosen partly for work reasons. Also, as I slide towards retirement some of my work will continue but it'll be volunteer work, of which there is a lot of demand for around here.  There are a couple of other reasons I won't go into here on CC.  

We're four hours away from family now but close enough that we can see them whenever we feel like it. We have easy access to airports with direct flights all over the country as well which is a bonus.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Oh boy.  OJ Simpson.  We were doing some indoor painting during the trial and watched Court TV all day.  It was absolutely astounding to me to see what the MSM’s reporting in the evening was of the recap.  Not at all what had really occurred!  Felt especially sorry for Ron Goldman’s family.  Glad OJ was found guilty in the civil case.  Vincent Bugliosi wrote a fantastic book about the trial:  Outrage:  The Five Reasons OJ Simpson Got Away With Murder.  Also felt terrible for OJ and Nicole’s children.

My wife was glued to the tv while his case was going on , she grew up in Buffalo area and had a OJ shirt. 

• Like 4

We brought out our porch chairs yesterday. Lucy noticed quickly and slept afternoon away on them. 

IMG_4844.thumb.jpeg.68072c547aeb5f2af213fed43d817dc9.jpeg

We also had some snakes sunning themselves. They may have been making new snakes, I didn’t ask them though. 

IMG_4841.thumb.jpeg.b0aff9ba6625d351a3ace1cc432498c9.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 9
  • Haha 17

My daughter texted me about OJ before I saw the news.  I replied that she should expect a lot of white bronco chase videos in the next couple of days.  Since that was before she was born, she texted back that this is what she remembers most about a white bronco chase:

I forget how funny the Shrek movies were.  I love the Puss In Boots line. 

Knight: Catnip. 

Puss In Boots: That's ah, not mine.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

My daughter texted me about OJ before I saw the news.  I replied that she should expect a lot of white bronco chase videos in the next couple of days.  Since that was before she was born, she texted back that this is what she remembers most about a white bronco chase:

Our Owen’s initials are OJS, the same as the infamous OJ, and he drives a white bronco too.

There better not be current police chases in the next couple days. 😉

• Like 10
  • Haha 16

3 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Vincent Bugliosi wrote a fantastic book about the trial:  Outrage:  The Five Reasons OJ Simpson Got Away With Murder.  Also felt terrible for OJ and Nicole’s children.

"The People vs OJ" is a great series about the trial with an all-star cast. It was originally on FX back in 2016 but can now be found on Hulu. Ryan Murphy (Glee, American Horror Story) is one of the producers and the series examines how the case evolved from an open-and-shut, no doubt about it guilty verdict to just enough doubt to not convict. Very well done. It shows the  case from the perspective of the prosecutors, defense and LAPD,

https://www.today.com/popculture/tv/how-to-watch-people-v-oj-simpson-rcna147442

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yesterday I did a Zoom conference with the Actor Brett Gelman.During the course of conversation he mentioned acting in the show Stranger Things.I never watched it.Did anyone see it and if so would you recommend it ?

12 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Hi Lenny.  I watched the entire series with my son.  We loved it. I loved all the 80s references. Honestly, hard to say if you would like it or not.

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, we watched the series.  I would recommend you check it out.  Not for everyone but you may enjoy.

I watch the entire series too. Loved the first couple of season but the later ones start to get a bit repetitive. It's kind of the same story over and over.

Love the 70 & 80's references as well. The science fiction part of the show can get pretty deep but I think you may enjoy it.  The final season was due to come out this year but has been pushed back to at least 2025, almost 10 years after the first season. Those young pre-teen kids will be young adults by then.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I watch the entire series too. Loved the first couple of season but the later ones start to get a bit repetitive. It's kind of the same story over and over.

Love the 70 & 80's references as well. The science fiction part of the show can get pretty deep but I think you may enjoy it.  The final season was due to come out this year but has been pushed back to at least 2025, almost 10 years after the first season. Those young pre-teen kids will be young adults by then.

It is on my Prime,Netflix,Peacock,You Tube Bucket List of movies and series.The following have been referred to me:Henry’s Crime,To Die For,Fallout,Stranger Things and Fleabag.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Meeting my accountant tomorrow. Hope I don't end up in the hospital like @Ocean Boy

😄

My Accountant is one of my son in laws .He is also a Financial Planner and an Eldercare Counselor.He is not the Rangers fanatic.

He grew up in Virginia and is a fan of the Washington hockey team.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

He is not the Rangers fanatic.

He grew up in Virginia and is a fan of the Washington hockey team.

It's ok, we all make mistakes 😉😇

• Haha 6

Last day of work for four weeks 🎉

DD had final surgeon appointment.  Ankle has healed very well no further need for boot or any physio.  Gets to keep the ankle screw as a lifetime souvenir of winter in Invermere BC.

• Like 19

Hello, Everyone!

We have been infrequent posters but have enjoyed following different topics, such as Helen and Marty's current spectacular trip! Along that vein I would like to do the same. I would love to do a "Live Trip Report" but know I could not keep up, so I will do a semi-live here, if that is okay? We are leaving Saturday morning (early) flying to Las Vegas to help break up our super long trip to Hawaii! Yes, we going to try for a "do-over" of our Aulani and Pacific Crossing to Vancouver which was a "dizaster" last year, lol! Pictures to follow! If it would be too messy for the thread I will do a regular trip report...

Edited by CruiszBug
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 1

I guess better late than never. 😁  This was our VV cruise on the Scarlet Lady. This was our first VV cruise and we liked it for the most part. If the price is much cheaper than Royal we would go back. More thoughts on this later. 

We decided to drive instead of using Uber. It was $22.00 a day. Since this was only a 5 day cruise it was going to cost about the same either way. We parked in parking garage G which was right across the street from the terminal.

We checked in about 12:30 and were given our wrist bands aka seapass. We went upstairs and they were just about to board the Rockstars and the Deep Blue Extras (DBE). They board later than Royal and they don't kick you off as early either. We status matched from Pinnacle to DBE. I think anyone who status matched got the DBE, but not 100% sure.

This status is only good until the end of this year and they are no longer status matching unless they change it again. I know the were revamping their loyalty program, but not sure if it has come out yet or not. We ended up with a 300.00 bar tab and 100.00 Sailor Loot aka obc which can be used for anything. Part of this was 100.00 for being DBE. We spent all the bar tab and bought a bottle of single malt scotch Alberfeldy. Mike wanted to try it.

Saw this car on the way to the port.

20240301_132035.thumb.jpg.443c49afa551f369a69cd8627bab1ab8.jpg

20240302_144522.jpg.20eb86157e03b19359df94e3152df8ca.jpg

20240302_144508.thumb.jpg.2c6c740c7eaa4594d628ecef2db87f6e.jpg

20240302_144555.thumb.jpg.50d67a3bf9d6aca9b4d7f285373bf82c.jpg

20240302_144501.thumb.jpg.b095ec88c88490a49574168f27d93920.jpg

I was excited when I heard they had sushi which was included in the price. There weren't that many food extras that cost and we only ate what was included. I had the tuna sushi in the Galley on the first day for lunch. I was very disappointed since it wasn't pieces of tuna. It must have been the left over scraps since it was the consistency like ground up hamburger. 🥴

20240301_150424.thumb.jpg.f1914f7d8f43b2cf227375cdc4c46607.jpg

We were on deck 12.

20240301_143035.thumb.jpg.a34c59bd36a42bc9b7a3d543d0712150.jpg

This was our dinner reservations for the cruise, but we canceled Gunbae and ate in the Galley the first night. We found out in Gunbae they do a drinking game where people pound on the tables and the waiter encourages everyone.

20240227_151549.thumb.jpg.1526c2f8aba5510d63b2c75c76163d88.jpg

Sail away party. I thought it would be more crowded than it was, but there were also people on the deck above. They had free flowing champagne.

20240301_180327.thumb.jpg.7f70ca8aa5ddf9c62c056c86dc089991.jpg

20240301_180421.thumb.jpg.7f88a9f42e49fea483db090fba480a6c.jpg

Mike and Itook advantage of the champagne. 😃

20240301_175244.thumb.jpg.1aa930809327c9c01d51c4a127468074.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

This was our first VV cruise and we liked it for the most part. If the price is much cheaper than Royal we would go back. More thoughts on this later. 

This status is only good until the end of this year and they are no longer status matching unless they change it again. I know the were revamping their loyalty program, but not sure if it has come out yet or not.

They did release the new loyalty program recently.  I haven’t looked at it that closely yet bc I also status matched in 2023 and have DBE through the end of 2024.  There’s 3 levels now.  Status match is now only to the new (middle) level - Blue instead of DBE. 😤

Here’s the link…

https://www.virginvoyages.com/sailing-club

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1