Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Final Jasper update - Due to tremendous work of those on the ground overnight, the main structures in Jasper were saved including the hospital, both schools and treatment plants.

Also, very relieved that although the beautiful historic Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge did incur fire damage, most of the structures including the main lodge survived.

My son is currently spending today & the weekend with his sister.  

Thoughts go out to those in Jasper who lost their homes & businesses & thankful to the authorities for evacuating everyone safely well in advance including backcountry hikers 

God bless those firefighters and volunteers!  Thank goodness your son is safe and visiting his sister!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I took my first shower by myself!  Well, aided by my wheelchair, crutches and shower chair.  But I didn’t need DH’s help.  While I appreciate all his help for these long long weeks…what bliss to shower in total privacy!!!!

• Like 23

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Thoughts go out to those in Jasper who lost their homes & businesses & thankful to the authorities for evacuating everyone safely well in advance including backcountry hikers 

@aussielozzie18

+ 1

8 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@FromSea2ShiningSea  wow!  Your pictures of Norway are awesome!  Waterfalls are beautiful!  Thank you for sharing, Helen!!😉

@FromSea2ShiningSea

Helen + 1

2 hours ago, taznremmy said:

@helen haywood  Congratulations!  Did the cats keep you company in the bathroom? 😂

@helen haywood

Marian  + 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I'm happy for you and pleased everything went well.

@Keksie

Karen  + 1

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Taking a couple of the grandkids swimming this morning while one grandson is in Cleveland for a sports card show. 

Meanwhile, here is a photo from our walk

IMG_1983.thumb.jpeg.b94226a08e4c70b18b75d25a87a035f1.jpeg

I wish I was able to just lay down and relax like that.  

Or this

IMG_1984.thumb.jpeg.a50ea7a0f56335efafad421ed35c9846.jpeg

• Like 24

Saw this news story, saying they had to close the Racer roller coaster at Kennywood Park for a day. 

Screenshot2024-07-25at1_34_10PM.jpeg.2fd67e7d681b2a8924a5d11f8c241b73.jpeg

Evidently, they had to make some minor modifications.  Maybe they needed a third concrete block!

That is one of our favorite rides there. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Saw this news story, saying they had to close the Racer roller coaster at Kennywood Park for a day. 

Screenshot2024-07-25at1_34_10PM.jpeg.2fd67e7d681b2a8924a5d11f8c241b73.jpeg

Evidently, they had to make some minor modifications.  Maybe they needed a third concrete block!

That is one of our favorite rides there. 

Yikes! Glad it was caught before something serious happened.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

They watch from a respectful distance.  Water dishes are one thing…cascades of drenching water quite another.  However, when I turn the blow dryer on they skedaddle.  

Our cat Elmer loves being wet.  Any time my husband goes in the master bath Elmer jumps on the counter and demands a wet combing.  He would probably take a shower with a little encouragement.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Our cat Elmer loves being wet.  Any time my husband goes in the master bath Elmer jumps on the counter and demands a wet combing.  He would probably take a shower with a little encouragement.  

My original Siamese Joebob would run out if it’s raining then run back into the house since he knew I would get a towel to dry him off which he loved. Still no names , I suggested Bob &Dylan or Josh & Allen, wife was thinking Merlot , I countered with Cabernet & Chianti.

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

24 minutes ago, George C said:

My original Siamese Joebob would run out if it’s raining then run back into the house since he knew I would get a towel to dry him off which he loved. Still no names , I suggested Bob &Dylan or Josh & Allen, wife was thinking Merlot , I countered with Cabernet & Chianti.

Merlot & Shiraz?

• Like 2

Day after skin cancer removal I look like I had been in a fight. I was told I would get a black eye. Doesn’t hurt too bad but it’s hard to see with some of the swelling. 

IMG_4788.thumb.jpeg.21670fa5da549bd454d4f10de3e1fa65.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Dallas area earthquake tremors again!   I knew something was up when I felt slight tremors and the hanging decal on my balcony door started swinging.

News reported:

Reports of shaking stretched into Dallas-Fort Worth from earthquakes recorded about 250 miles away from Dallas, near Hermleigh in Scurry County, according to the United States Geological Survey.

The first earthquake, which occurred just before 9:30 a.m., was recorded as a 5.0. Another nearby, with a magnitude 3.2, was recorded about 10 minutes later.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dallas area earthquake tremors again!   I knew something was up when I felt slight tremors and the hanging decal on my balcony door started swinging.

News reported:

Reports of shaking stretched into Dallas-Fort Worth from earthquakes recorded about 250 miles away from Dallas, near Hermleigh in Scurry County, according to the United States Geological Survey.

The first earthquake, which occurred just before 9:30 a.m., was recorded as a 5.0. Another nearby, with a magnitude 3.2, was recorded about 10 minutes later.

Again felt nothing I was waiting in the waiting room , wife was getting a colonoscopy, I am pretty sure I am do for that soon also. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Day after skin cancer removal I look like I had been in a fight. I was told I would get a black eye. Doesn’t hurt too bad but it’s hard to see with some of the swelling. 

IMG_4788.thumb.jpeg.21670fa5da549bd454d4f10de3e1fa65.jpeg

There needs to be a "hug" and/or a "heal fast" button.  Both are going your way.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Maybe tell the people out there you got into a rumble at the Tiki Bar?

Hopefully it will only look worse than it feels.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Maybe tell the people out there you got into a rumble at the Tiki Bar?

Hopefully it will only look worse than it feels.

There is an old joke that involves my wife and passionate love but I don’t think I will repeat it here.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

1 hour ago, George C said:

Years ago, my daughter's science fair mice were named Moses and Abraham.

• Like 3