Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Hubby just scored free tickets to the Rugby League Grand Final that is on in Sydney tonight at the Accor Stadium. He’s very happy.

Son & I are visiting Dad this afternoon long before the Grand Final starts because trying to have a conversation with Dad whilst he has the Rugby League on at high volume is a migraine inducing experience.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had a very strange visit with Eric's Mother today.   Our Son came to with his Fiance Donna to let us know due to drama with her family they have decided they are going to have a simple wedding by the Justice of Peace and the courthouse and set the date of November 15th.

We will all then out to dinner.   Restaurant to be determined.

Chris wanted to let his Grandmother know so we drove over to her house, after calling to say we would be over.

She hasn't seen Chris since July or August.   She simply says Hi, come in.  Never hugs or kisses anyone.   We follow her to the family room where she has the TV blaring.   I turn off the TV so we could all chat and visit.  She is upset I did this.

Chris proceeds to tell her and first words out of her mouth are, " is she pregnant"   they have been engaged for just about 2 yrs.

She then grabs the remote and puts her TV back on, blaring.

Now at this point, Eric is fuming.  He shuts off the TV and says wouldn't you like to visit with your family.   She says, "Why.

It doesn't matter I will be dead soon."

She has been saying this her whole life!! 

poor Donna not knowing how to react gets up and leaves the room.   

We all left with her sitting in her chair watching Alfred Hithcock.

Ugghhh!

Never understood this woman and never want to.   She has been cold blooded, nasty to everyone her whole life.  So sad the children don't have a loving grandmother.  

Thank you for letting me vent.   Time for a cocktail, maybe some Kraken.

It is really unfortunate that she is so cold to a family that, obviously, wants her to be part of their lives. She is missing out. Very sad. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had a very strange visit with Eric's Mother today.   Our Son came to with his Fiance Donna to let us know due to drama with her family they have decided they are going to have a simple wedding by the Justice of Peace and the courthouse and set the date of November 15th.

Chris wanted to let his Grandmother know so we drove over to her house, after calling to say we would be over.

She hasn't seen Chris since July or August.   She simply says Hi, come in.  Never hugs or kisses anyone.   We follow her to the family room where she has the TV blaring.   I turn off the TV so we could all chat and visit.  She is upset I did this.

Chris proceeds to tell her and first words out of her mouth are, " is she pregnant"   they have been engaged for just about 2 yrs.

Now at this point, Eric is fuming.  He shuts off the TV and says wouldn't you like to visit with your family.   She says, "Why.

Ugghhh!

Never understood this woman and never want to.   She has been cold blooded, nasty to everyone her whole life.  So sad the children don't have a loving grandmother.  

Thank you for letting me vent.   Time for a cocktail, maybe 

Sorry to hear this, some are just so set in their ways it's hard to change them.  I am sure you have shown your daughter in law to be see a different perspective from you.  Congrats on the upcoming nuptials.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, George C said:

My mom passed away earlier this morning had a good long life was 96.

So sorry to hear George, I hope her passing was pain free and she was comfortable to the end

RIP 🙏 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ugghhh!

Sorry to hear Debbie, how awful, especially for Eric and Chris and Donna on what should be a happy announcement. 

It's difficult to understand. She must be  a very unhappy person

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday we both had our double vax, the targeted covid and flu. One in each arm.

Apart from sore arms I feel fine but Gary has had headaches along with the sore arms. 

Hopefully if we do catch covid or flu this winter the jabs will lesson the effect.

Looking forward to having Son and family over today for traditional Sunday Roast dinner. Little Theo was one month old yesterday and is good as gold.  Nick has to go back to work tomorrow, though will WFH 3 days a week. 

If he had started with his new job just a few months earlier, he would of got 4 months paid paternal leave

• Like 9

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Yesterday we both had our double vax, the targeted covid and flu. One in each arm.

Apart from sore arms I feel fine but Gary has had headaches along with the sore arms. 

Hopefully if we do catch covid or flu this winter the jabs will lesson the effect.

Looking forward to having Son and family over today for traditional Sunday Roast dinner. Little Theo was one month old yesterday and is good as gold.  Nick has to go back to work tomorrow, though will WFH 3 days a week. 

If he had started with his new job just a few months earlier, he would of got 4 months paid paternal leave

WFH part-time is wonderful for so many especially new parents. Lovely to hear baby Theo is doing well and an easy baby for your son & DIL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ugghhh!

Sorry Chris & Donna’s happy news was spoiled by your MIL.  She sounds like a bitter, unhappy person.  I agree it’s sad she isn’t be a loving grandmother.  It’s easy to say “her loss”, which is absolutely true, but it’s something the kids miss out on too.

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@George C

My heartfelt sincere condolences go out to you and your family.

To think of all the experiences she lived through and all the memories she made.

I am sure you also have fond moments you shared with her.

May she rest in Peace and her legacy live on in your heart.

Prayers

• Like 3

Family outing to Buffalo New York to see the Oxford of Ohio University lose to University of Buffalo.

So our goal was to be on the road by 10am. so the DD can get her traditional picture with the SIL on the field at yet another stadium.

Not gonna happen.

It was always difficult getting the princess up for school back in the day, and it wasn't any easier trying to awaken her yesterday.

All that it took was asking her if she wanted a cup of coffee here at the house or if we can get on the road we can stop at Dunkin Donuts and get an iced coffee.

Well, she moved.

We were on our way left the house by 10:45 and stopped at DD in Cortland Ohio.

So if you are familiar with OHIO, we took route 11 north to I 90.

We made good time till we got to Erie Pennsylvania.

Only one problem.

Fighting the steering wheel with the high winds.  (Hurricane Ian??????)

or lake effect.

Now the road is under massive destruction.

There are warning signs that all trucks must drive in left lane.

The right lane is very narrow.

I stayed in right lane.

Winds and all 

I thought a few times I am going to be blown into barriers.

Made to Angola, where over the freeway is a pedestrian bridge that leads to a rest stop, restaurants and such.

It is a right of passage to stop there and wave at the trucks going underneath.

We continued on and arrived at the Stadium, which is big and awesome.

Dropped the princess off at the door, parked away from the excitement and tail gating  and made something to eat.

We were in the furthest parking lot.

Joshua A.

We walked 1 1/2 miles to the stadium got our tickets at Will call (sp)

Sat in our seats as kick-off started the game.

Only one problem, they were not to be our seats.

Here at UB, they have the fans purchase a season pass for $100 per seat to sit on the 40 yard line with access to the luge (sp).

The seats for stadium seats were very comfy, with back rests.

Well, no one told us.

We saw empty seats sat down blankets and all and could not believe for arriving at game start we would be so fortunate.

We found out in the fourth quarter when a fellow seat mate to my right asked me  in social conversation if we were for  ". . . . the other team. . . "  Thats when I found out.  He said no problem, glad you could enjoy the game. I later found out his son in law was contracted in at the air base a mere 2 1/2 miles from our home a few years back......................small world.

So now half time, great show, nice band and extra stuff.

Winds pick up.

Great coffee at stadium.

Second half took forever, penalties, time outs, commercials for those watching on ESPN.

Excited that Miami was winning with 2 min. to go.

After scoring a field goal they punted the ball.

They lost the game in the last 10 sec of the game.

Now walking back to the Motor home.

No winds

Beautiful skies.

Fed our hungry ones.

On the road again.

Traffic was heavy coming out of Buffalo

Made it safely home by 11:30pm.

Did my Momism routine.

Packed up "care Packages"

Disposable throw away cooler   (My DH gets medical supplies on dry ice in large Styrofoam containers and we fill and send home with them, after they unload they throw away) as well as box of non perishable items.

Off they went.

I never knew in New York state that they have the eye in the sky that takes a picture of your license plate and records and you have to access a number to pay your bill???????

We did not know if the EeeZ pass  (sp) would work, we were just going to pay in cash (wrong).

Well, the site was down till this morning and we finally paid our bill.

So today is chill day.

Doing a WalMart run, and boy I hope no pictures are taken, because I could make the                  "people at Walmart" section.

In closing I cannot believe after being gone for a tad under 24 hours from this thread how much is going on.

To all who are traveling, safe journey

To all who are recovering from the storm.................continued prayers.

To all others, thanks for sharing your your updates.

Take care

All my love.

Sue

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

We have 2 weeks to go before setting sail on my dream ship....OASIS!  

In the meantime, my Mom is super excited!  I've been growing my YouTube channel and this weekend, my Mom made her debut in my cruise channel!  That video alone has about 27 views over 2 days.  Overall, we have 2K total YouTube views, 11 subscribers, and 15 watch hours over 2 months.

My niece is excited as well, Auntie promised her that she'll be making her debut on YouTube this month!  I already got her Mom's permission.

Edited by broadwaybaby123
  • Like 7

15 hours ago, dbancroft said:

My daughter took this picture while camping this weekend.

camp.jpg

Beautiful picture. Where was this at?

14 hours ago, mo&fran said:

We are also on the 21st.  B2B.

Maybe we will see you there.