Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

35 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Looks like lots of fun.   How is your other Granddaughter doing with High School?  I hope she is settling in and feeling more comfortable 😀

She is still adjusting.  She has never taken a bus so she is not a happy camper.  I told her I had to take two buses to get to my high school! 

Edited by DaniDanielle
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I thought we weren't meeting until January on Allure?

Oh, and regarding my hair color -- what would you call this: red, brown, blonde, or "all of the above"?

IMG_20221001_122200400.jpg

I’d call it beautiful. I wish I had hair.😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 16

As usual, I have been reading Dani’s thread, just not commenting.

George please accept my sympathy to you and your family for the recent loss of your mother.

John,it is good to see you posting again,especially sending the photos of Bella.

Graham,hoping the surgery to remove the questionable spots on your face goes well. 

Lenny, I hope you continue to feel well and that your BP stays in check. Also,we are hoping for a subway series also- let’s go Mets ! and Yankees too!

For all those with Florida homes,hoping the effects of Ian are not seriously

problematic for you and that any damage/loss can be taken care of in a timely manner.

And finally,for those celebrating happy milestones I am sending congratulation.

Wishing all a very pleasant week.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Had a light meal before the movie last night at Grilld.  It’s licensed so I ordered a glass of wine.  Young waitress comes over very apologetic.  Manager is on a break off premises.  There is no-one on site over 18 to pour the wine (legal requirement).  I said no probs.  We had almost finished eating, wine not arrived. Son checks the traffic app and there is a 3 car pile up on the approach to the bridge we need to cross to get to the cinema.  Have to leave now.  Same time Manager appears very apologetic with wine.  What to do.  Son says I need to skull it.  Not happening.  We don’t want to wait around getting a refund.  So, i have an idea. I tip out my water bottle.  Pour the glass of wine in the water bottle and off we go.  Sipping the wine from the water bottle felt weird but at least the wine wasn’t wasted and thankfully the accident was quickly cleared (thankfully no injuries for it be cleared so quickly).

We refer to those drinks to go as “walktails”.

4 hours ago, dbancroft said:

Today is our 40th wedding 💑 anniversary.  Very dreary day here in Maryland esp since ravens lost again 😢 and the rain.

Happy Anniversary!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm about 45 minutes away from KOP mall.   My Brother lives in Exton so we meet up a lot for dinner or brunch at some of the surrounding restaurants.   Seasons 52 is one we go to alot.   Have you been there?

Safe travels home😀

I haven’t been to Seasons 52 but my daughter really likes it.  When we’re here we usually end up at the local pub/tavern, Casey’s Pour House.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dbancroft said:

Today is our 40th wedding 💑 anniversary.  Very dreary day here in Maryland esp since ravens lost again 😢 and the rain

Happy Anniversary! Wishing you many more wonderful celebrations.

@dani negreanuDani, your friends pictures are lovely.  How special to maintain relationships for so many years and YES, Israelis are open and friendly. Jack is still in touch with his school and army friends.  They share a history and a bond that is amazing.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Funny you should mention it, Debbie. It's a very old apt, at least 50 years, and, at that time, this flooring was the "latest cry/trend"... Nowadays, it is considered very outdated....

So, Lichy's parents decided to update the windows, the AC and the bathrooms. It is a huge apt, which is not build like that anymore. Moreover, it is in a prime location, a mere 5 mins walk to the Tel Aviv University campus. People prefer to renovate instead of selling and moving to a similar 4 bed rooms apt, albeit much smaller and double price....

When we arrived we got the "tour" of the new "facilities", and I was kind of surprised that they opted to leave the flooring as is. Glad you like it 😘.

Indeed, we are, but then, Israelis are very open and friendly people. Also, being a very small country, even when people finish their studies, and find work in another city, they'll always be one or two hours drive.

This 7 couples group consist mainly from guys and gurlz who were not "good enough" to enter med school in Israel, and studied together in Italy. All of them turned out to be excellent doctors, teaching med at Tel Aviv University (TAU)...

Last group pic just before Covid.

image.thumb.jpeg.22b31d15ead38c224edaf9f4758dbc46.jpeg

Another group of 5 couples was formed when we were relocated to Brussels. Turns out we all lived 10-15 mins walk from each other, in the same city... We all came back 1984-1986 and stick together since then. The beautiful gal standing behind me [at her son's wedding] even worked with me when we were both students at TAU, got married and relocated to Geneva, and, suddenly, was switched to Brussels, to my pleasant surprise...

image.jpeg.32bee814e5f098f6cf5c0b99f92019f9.jpeg

@Luckynana, Maryann, sorry the weather is not fully cooperating. Hopefully, you'll still have a great time.

I think you were photo bombed in the top  picture.  🤣🤣

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

As usual, I have been reading Dani’s thread, just not commenting.

George please accept my sympathy to you and your family for the recent loss of your mother.

John,it is good to see you posting again,especially sending the photos of Bella.

Graham,hoping the surgery to remove the questionable spots on your face goes well. 

Lenny, I hope you continue to feel well and that your BP stays in check. Also,we are hoping for a subway series also- let’s go Mets ! and Yankees too!

For all those with Florida homes,hoping the effects of Ian are not seriously

problematic for you and that any damage/loss can be taken care of in a timely manner.

And finally,for those celebrating happy milestones I am sending congratulation.

Wishing all a very pleasant week.

MJ🙋🏻

Thanks,MJ.The Mets have not been doing too well the past few days.

On 10/1/2022 at 1:16 PM, George C said:

My mom passed away earlier this morning had a good long life was 96.

I’m so very sorry. It’s always too soon to lose a parent. I’m glad your mom had a good long life. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

I thought we weren't meeting until January on Allure?

Oh, and regarding my hair color -- what would you call this: red, brown, blonde, or "all of the above"?

IMG_20221001_122200400.jpg

Your correct,  January on Allure.  That's what happens to retired folks, we lose all track of time.  You would think an x accountant could count 10 weeks out but I didn't put it on a spreadsheet.

I'm not seeing red.

Have you started the Live review yet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Fun times with this kid😁D78AE43C-F1F4-4DD1-A6A0-11D69E241F15.thumb.jpeg.62fd92d9e039bed3bd1e39fb5581d1d9.jpeg

That is such a cute pic. She is a cutie!

Are those custom made cookies?  A good friend of ours sales custom cookies.

We were blessed to get to hang out with all 7 grandchildren today!

• Like 4

The last week has been very tiring and emotional.  My daughter, that lives in Ft Myers, helped evacuate her hospital on Friday and then drove home to Tampa with 6 coworkers, 2 cats and 4 dogs. None of them had power or water for 3+ days so all they wanted was a hot shower, home cooked meal and AC.

The stories I heard were unbelievable. Having to use plastic bags as toilets, doors being blown open, roofs being ripped off, cars floating away and homes completely flooded.

They were all hoping for a few days off but they got the call to start back tomorrow so we followed our daughter down to Ft Myers. I had to smile along the drive as so many were driving down to help. It wasn't just the businesses and workers but everyday people. Out of state license plates on pick up trucks and trailers filled with water, generators and other supplies was a wonderful sight.

I can only describe driving to her apartment like driving through a war zone. Total destruction. The national guard and Law enforcement presence was very heavy. Helicopters constantly overhead and never ending emergency vehicle sirens.

Her actual apartment suffered no damaged but the buildings are not livable. The first floors flooded and are caked with mud. Dead fish are covering the parking lot, the smell is awful. Dumpsters are full so the sidewalks are piled high with garbage. The community is working hard but they are overwhelmed.

She will now be going from house to house, sleeping on co workers sofas, but they are all safe.

Many tears have been shed and I'm sure there will be many more but once again I had to smile when she called me tonight to tell me that the neighbor, that we met this afternoon, brought her a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

The last week has been very tiring and emotional.  My daughter, that lives in Ft Myers, helped evacuate her hospital on Friday and then drove home to Tampa with 6 coworkers, 2 cats and 4 dogs. None of them had power or water for 3+ days so all they wanted was a hot shower, home cooked meal and AC.

The stories I heard were unbelievable. Having to use plastic bags as toilets, doors being blown open, roofs being ripped off, cars floating away and homes completely flooded.

They were all hoping for a few days off but they got the call to start back tomorrow so we followed our daughter down to Ft Myers. I had to smile along the drive as so many were driving down to help. It wasn't just the businesses and workers but everyday people. Out of state license plates on pick up trucks and trailers filled with water, generators and other supplies was a wonderful sight.

I can only describe driving to her apartment like driving through a war zone. Total destruction. The national guard and Law enforcement presence was very heavy. Helicopters constantly overhead and never ending emergency vehicle sirens.

Her actual apartment suffered no damaged but the buildings are not livable. The first floors flooded and are caked with mud. Dead fish are covering the parking lot, the smell is awful. Dumpsters are full so the sidewalks are piled high with garbage. The community is working hard but they are overwhelmed.

She will now be going from house to house, sleeping on co workers sofas, but they are all safe.

Many tears have been shed and I'm sure there will be many more but once again I had to smile when she called me tonight to tell me that the neighbor, that we met this afternoon, brought her a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs.

Tell your daughter thank you for her hard work.  So glad she is safe and hoping she can get settled in a place of her own soon.  

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

I talked to my brother earlier today , not only did he have two ft of water in his house in Ft Myer, two of his cars were destroyed. His son is flying in to help repairs , also he has a nephew who is in the army and army is letting any active members to fly to Florida to help and will pay them , I thought that was very cool.

I want to thank everyone kind words about the passing of my Mom . I talked to her daily and definitely miss the calls , she is missing one of her grandchildren wedding in less than two weeks. 

• Like 29

21 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

WFH part-time is wonderful for so many especially new parents. Lovely to hear baby Theo is doing well and an easy baby for your son & DIL.

Seems to be very common now. Both sons and one DIL WFH three days a week and go into the office two days a week. 

Had a wonderful day with family yesterday 💕 and tomorrow our eldest is coming over with Theo.

We had the London marathon yesterday and had extended family running. It's great to keep up with individuals with all the apps and new technologies 

IMG-20221002-WA0007.thumb.jpg.8e9a4aa7ee9f9efa440348256ec6ba5e.jpg

IMG-20221002-WA0006.thumb.jpg.0206fd405132af39e84faac6894f83b7.jpg

• Like 27

3 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Seems to be very common now. Both sons and one DIL WFH three days a week and go into the office two days a week. 

Had a wonderful day with family yesterday 💕 and tomorrow our eldest is coming over with Theo.

We had the London marathon yesterday and had extended family running. It's great to keep up with individuals with all the apps and new technologies 

IMG-20221002-WA0007.thumb.jpg.8e9a4aa7ee9f9efa440348256ec6ba5e.jpg

IMG-20221002-WA0006.thumb.jpg.0206fd405132af39e84faac6894f83b7.jpg

Beautiful photos Sue.

My dad LOVES that he can keep in contact with his grandkids daily when overseas via What’s App & FB messenger.  The only reason he keeps his home phone is for his weekly phone call to his sister  in England who doesn’t do technology.  He had a dilemma last night, his weekly phone is at the same time every week and his sister so  looks forward to it.  The Rugby League Grand Final was on at the same time - dilemma - but he couldn’t let down his sister.

• Like 5

Yesterday morning I waa visiting a friend and we were in her back garden chatting.  We suddenly heard a loud male voice talking.  I said is that your neighbours? She said I don’t think so.  We looked up and saw two police helicopters approaching.  As one of the helicopter come closer, the voice became clearer.  My friend and everyone in her area the night before had received a text msg from NSW police advising that they were looking for a missing person and the text had a photo and details attached.  

So, the voice from the helicopter was the police broadcasting details of the lost man again.  Apparently he has alzheimers and he had been missing 24hrs at this point.

We have not experienced this in our area and my friend has since found out that this is a new form of communication that the police are trialling for lost persons.

Do they do this in the US or UK?

• Like 5

6 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

What an awful experience.  Your daughter must be exhausted and you must be so worried about her. 

It's heartening to hear how ordinary people pull together and help each other out in times of crisis 

• Like 3

Public Holiday today.  Popped into the hairdressers hoping they were open.  They were and I was the first customer at the salon.  Only one hairdresser working with the male Manager manning the phones and attending to any walk ins.  By the time my hair was due to be blow dried there were 4 customers lined up needing attention.  So, the lone hairdresser corralled the male Manager to blow dry my hair (which takes ages).  He did a fab job for a novice.  Very very gentle but got the job done.  And they didn’t even charge me a public holiday surcharge.  Win win.

• Like 9

Back to work tomorrow.  Going to be flat out.  Away from next Saturday.  Abysmal weather forecast.  No internet.  Got some good books to read.  Look forward to catching up on this thread and all the wonderful cruise reviews on my return.

Take care everyone.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1