Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

I also introduced this friend to The World's Most Amazing Travel Agent... and she has introduced her cruise friends to him as well.  I'm like the cruising version of a virus -- the gift that keeps on giving!

I “tested positive” for this virus a couple of years ago. Very happy that I did. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I took my daughter and granddaughter to her cheerleading game today.  The two school districts that were playing are only a couple miles from each other, but they were playing on a neutral site, and that meant about a 30 mile drive. 

The cheerleaders were dressed with pink highlights for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  She is not old enough to understand what is going on with her mom.  She was just happy to have the pretty pinks and the face sticker. 

73EC546A-1940-4039-B09B-F026B9BCA910.thumb.jpeg.ebff8d723ff00e45d0f41024855ab9fa.jpeg

That game did have some tense moments.  They usually have medical personnel at the game, but I don’t know if someone dropped the ball because it was a neutral field.  One of our players went down with a neck injury, and he laid on the field for 20 minutes until the ambulance got there.  Thankfully, I hear his MRI came back clear. 

The team she cheers for won 30-8. 

Meanwhile, Susan went to our grandson’s game.  He had another great game, and another win 22-6. 

• Like 25

First get together of our group of 7 couples since March 14th, 2020. Only one couple and DH "escaped" Covid...

The "biological" parents of my step cat were the hosts, which gave me the opportunity to see Lichy "in person" after almost 3 years.... it was a very happy reunion 😍

image.thumb.jpeg.83e6f2d12bacc9be74b14f0b57ca66ca.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.fa9cd87b6117f723ab00eadfb2a4e80e.jpeg

She has such a silky fur ---

image.thumb.jpeg.1907ca0d6179c292fed4434260c89204.jpeg

• Like 33

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I would hope you aren't going to be bothered with an ongoing review for 36 weeks straight on cruise critic. I know I wouldn't be doing it.

True CC rock stars are never bothered with ongoing reviews.  They just forge ahead and do it.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, George C said:

My mom passed away earlier this morning had a good long life was 96.

George I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Mother. I know how difficult it must be. My thoughts and heart go out to you in your time of need. Her spirit will be with you always from now on. I hope knowing this will give you some comfort. May she rest in peace.

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

have any of you parked at the Port of Miami before? wondering how easy it is to find the garage for terminal A

Here is a video that I watched that shows you where everything is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

After quickly skimming through many, many posts checking up on everyone in Ian's path, I'm so relieved to read that all of our CC friends on here have fared pretty well as far as damage to homes, condos and cars, etc.  From what I've been able to find out, my community in Naples has lots of debris which is in the process of being cleaned up, roofs and AC on our roofs are being checked, and FPL is hoping to assess when they feel our Collier County would again regain electric.

Bon Voyage to all going on their cruises.

How's your cruise so far?   Bit chilly and rainy here.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

First get together of our group of 7 couples since March 14th, 2020. Only one couple and DH "escaped" Covid...

The "biological" parents of my step cat were the hosts, which gave me the opportunity to see Lichy "in person" after almost 3 years.... it was a very happy reunion 😍

Such pretty and luxurious fur.  She was very happy to see you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

It wasn't that long ago that the dream was the 2 New York teams would meet in the World Series, aka The Subway Series.  (Fun fact: the 2 stadiums are not on the same subway line. You have to go out of the way to transfer at Grand Central Station).

Now it's a dream if either team can make it that deep into the playoffs. 😟

We had an I70 series with KC and StL back in the 80's 

• Like 3

We had a very strange visit with Eric's Mother today.   Our Son came to with his Fiance Donna to let us know due to drama with her family they have decided they are going to have a simple wedding by the Justice of Peace and the courthouse and set the date of November 15th.

We will all then out to dinner.   Restaurant to be determined.

Chris wanted to let his Grandmother know so we drove over to her house, after calling to say we would be over.

She hasn't seen Chris since July or August.   She simply says Hi, come in.  Never hugs or kisses anyone.   We follow her to the family room where she has the TV blaring.   I turn off the TV so we could all chat and visit.  She is upset I did this.

Chris proceeds to tell her and first words out of her mouth are, " is she pregnant"   they have been engaged for just about 2 yrs.

She then grabs the remote and puts her TV back on, blaring.

Now at this point, Eric is fuming.  He shuts off the TV and says wouldn't you like to visit with your family.   She says, "Why.

It doesn't matter I will be dead soon."

She has been saying this her whole life!! 

poor Donna not knowing how to react gets up and leaves the room.   

We all left with her sitting in her chair watching Alfred Hithcock.

Ugghhh!

Never understood this woman and never want to.   She has been cold blooded, nasty to everyone her whole life.  So sad the children don't have a loving grandmother.  

Thank you for letting me vent.   Time for a cocktail, maybe some Kraken.

• Like 26

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'll take that bet

The Dodgers are most likely the favorites.The Cards,Padres and Braves are among the best NL teams but the Mets potentially have the best starting pitchers with Scherzer,DeGrom and Bassitt and the best relief pitcher Edwin Diaz.

3 hours ago, mo&fran said:

@ReneeFLL

Harmony  Jan 29 should be the cruise

Heck, we won’t be on that cruise. I’ll be on the 15th and then Mike will join me on the 21st. You’re getting on as we get off.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Such beautiful markings and color.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Sitting at the drive thru today, and saw this. 

C93154A0-BD16-47BB-9853-758BB69A61F8.thumb.jpeg.67616129d505be68a2d33fe435d7a3b0.jpeg

Somehow, the pinwheels just do not look right on this vehicle. 

Never understood why people put wheels like that on a car “regular” car. It looks like it’s just rubber on rims and would make for an uncomfortable ride.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We had an I70 series with KC and StL back in the 80's 

I remember that quite well. Especially after my eyes burning from all the champagne shot in my eye in the locker room. 😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Lichy is a beautiful cat.  You are beaming with joy too!   Beautiful photos.  🥰

I, also, love the flooring at your friend's home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had a very strange visit with Eric's Mother today.   Our Son came to with his Fiance Donna to let us know due to drama with her family they have decided they are going to have a simple wedding by the Justice of Peace and the courthouse and set the date of November 15th.

We will all then out to dinner.   Restaurant to be determined.

Chris wanted to let his Grandmother know so we drove over to her house, after calling to say we would be over.

She hasn't seen Chris since July or August.   She simply says Hi, come in.  Never hugs or kisses anyone.   We follow her to the family room where she has the TV blaring.   I turn off the TV so we could all chat and visit.  She is upset I did this.

Chris proceeds to tell her and first words out of her mouth are, " is she pregnant"   they have been engaged for just about 2 yrs.

She then grabs the remote and puts her TV back on, blaring.

Now at this point, Eric is fuming.  He shuts off the TV and says wouldn't you like to visit with your family.   She says, "Why.

It doesn't matter I will be dead soon."

She has been saying this her whole life!! 

poor Donna not knowing how to react gets up and leaves the room.   

We all left with her sitting in her chair watching Alfred Hithcock.

Ugghhh!

Never understood this woman and never want to.   She has been cold blooded, nasty to everyone her whole life.  So sad the children don't have a loving grandmother.  

Thank you for letting me vent.   Time for a cocktail, maybe some Kraken.

Debbie, I am so sorry your MIL is so difficult.  Must be very hard on Eric to see his mother so uncaring.  She won't change and thankfully the children have loving parents.

No worries about venting.  It's allowed in here, honest!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It's important that you take the time the next two weeks to get the Allure in perfect condition. Especially make sure the ice cream machine is working. Also let performers know you want them to put on the best shows your 3rd week. Please let me know how it's going.  And yes, we will be joining you the 15th.   Looking forward to meeting you!  Have a fun and safe cruise!

you got it.

• Like 1