Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

29 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The hurricane, or what ever it is now, is giving us some pretty nasty wind and a dreary day. This seems to be the storm that keeps on giving. I'm going down to the beach soon to check the surf.

We are having a very crappy weekend but nothing like FL.   Rained all night Friday into Saturday morning with a little break in the afternoon. 

Strong winds howling for several hours this morning with several hours of downpour.   Little break now but more to come.

• Like 2

Annual Chowderfest @LBI has been postponed until October 16th due to weather.

We might actually go this year.   Our tenants that rented our house for September are due to leave tomorrow.   Then we go to do a deep clean of everything, put patio furniture away for winter, etc.   I think we are going to do a couple long weekends in October.  Instead of taking off a week from work.   

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are having a very crappy weekend but nothing like FL.   Rained all night Friday into Saturday morning with a little break in the afternoon. 

Strong winds howling for several hours this morning with several hours of downpour.   Little break now but more to come.

Here at my daughters house, about 5 miles from King of Prussia mall, it’s cold, windy and pouring rain.  It was very windy last night too. The power actually went out for a short while.  
It’s not going to be a very nice drive home this afternoon 🙁.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Here at my daughters house, about 5 miles from King of Prussia mall, it’s cold, windy and pouring rain.  It was very windy last night too. The power actually went out for a short while.  

I'm about 45 minutes away from KOP mall.   My Brother lives in Exton so we meet up a lot for dinner or brunch at some of the surrounding restaurants.   Seasons 52 is one we go to alot.   Have you been there?

Safe travels home😀

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have the same weather here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

It isn't going to be so nice when you get home either.

21 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

How's your cruise so far?   Bit chilly and rainy here.

We had rain in Boston yesterday.  We wound up taking cab to Fanuel Halk, Sephora store, and Customs House (I think) and cabbed it back to ship.  Bar Harbor today. Cold, cold, cold!  We did a Victorian Walking Tour.  Excellent Tour Guide.  Had obligatory Lobster Roll which was very chincy, to say the least.  Too bad.   I love lobster rolls.

Tomorrow going on Antique Fire Truck tour in Portland.

Sorry to hear that Donna's family has caused so much drama that she and.Chris have decided to change their Wedding plans.

Your MIL is some piece of work, Debbie.

18 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is really unfortunate that she is so cold to a family that, obviously, wants her to be part of their lives. She is missing out. Very sad. 

It  is very, very sad😔

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

In laws are interesting 😳

Oh yes.  Yes they are!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Annual Chowderfest @LBI has been postponed until October 16th due to weather.

We might actually go this year.   Our tenants that rented our house for September are due to leave tomorrow.   Then we go to do a deep clean of everything, put patio furniture away for winter, etc.   I think we are going to do a couple long weekends in October.  Instead of taking off a week from work.   

A couple of long weekends in LBI sounds heavenly!

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Safe travels, Deb and Andy.

• Like 1

Seems like Texas or at least the Dallas area is still having the best weather.  Still low to mid 80s, bright sunshine. Sure beats what I've been reading in here but at least @LuckynanaMaryann is on a cruise! Hope the weather gets better for everyone and that Maryann is having a fabulous cruise in spite of the wet weather.

Maryann, your mention of lobster roll reminds me of Island Lady, Pat and her Maine vacations.  Oh those lobster and lobster rolls!  Sure hope she and bucky are well and busy cruising.. I miss her posts.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Vince Coleman got caught in the tarp during playoffs. Missed the world series.

And of course there was Don Denkinger😉

I forgot about that and Denkinger name is still mud in St. Louie.

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm about 45 minutes away from KOP mall.   My Brother lives in Exton so we meet up a lot for dinner or brunch at some of the surrounding restaurants.   Seasons 52 is one we go to alot.   Have you been there?

Safe travels home😀

We were at Seasons 52 last night, but in my local area. We shared the honey glazed half rotesserie chicken, shrimp flat bread and butternut squash soup. Enjoyed it a lot.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We had rain in Boston yesterday.  We wound up taking cab to Fanuel Halk, Sephora store, and Customs House (I think) and cabbed it back to ship.  Bar Harbor today. Cold, cold, cold!  We did a Victorian Walking Tour.  Excellent Tour Guide.  Had obligatory Lobster Roll which was very chincy, to say the least.  Too bad.   I love lobster rolls.

Tomorrow going on Antique Fire Truck tour in Portland.

Sorry about your disappointing lobster roll.  Hopefully you can get one somewhere else on this cruise that will be fulfilling😀

Antique fire truck Tour should be fun.  Your Husband will probably really enjoy.   I hope it warms up for you in the next couple of days.

Have fun😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1