Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Ryan has been doing so well since he got his pump.  It's like he's a different kid since getting it...big smile on his face...he's begun eating with us again, since he doesn't have to first figure out what he's going to be eating, figure out the math between the carbs and insulin, and not having to get his shot 15 minutes before he eats each meal.  Of course, he still has to do the carb and insulin stuff, but it's a whole new world...in the best way!!  Thank you so much for asking!🌹

BTW...how has Eric been doing with his back?

New memories made with old friends.  Priceless!

Whoot whoot!

Great news about Ryan’s progress!

20 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I wish Andy well!  It's a bummer to have either bad knees or a bad hip, but to have both!!😢  I sure hope the anit-inflammatory meds work to give him the relief he needs.  Poor Andy!  How's his wrist and hand doing?

It seems that they're all onboard for your get-together.  Hopefully, you and Linda will both feel up for it and not feel fatigued.  Here's to a good time!!!

His wrist is fully healed. He still goes to PT once a week, just trying to maximize his range of motion and strength but he’ll probably quit that soon.  Even the therapist said it’s never going to be 100%.  

16 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Did I mention how cold it was at the game?

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was at the high school football practice tonight. It was painfully cold.

I’m not ready for this!  
But then I saw @h20skibum Mark’s comment about Buffalo possibly getting 3-6 feet of snow, so I should probably shut-up about the cold😀

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

My day so far….

Up early, and we started like most days, with a soak in our hot tub. It was 29°, with a feels like 20°.  It is nice that it is covered, and only about 5 steps from our family room patio door. I have the enclosure up, to keep the wind and snow out, and I am testing out a patio heater to see if it will warm the space more. Even without a heater, it isn’t bad. 

Then, we were off for a five mile walk in the cold.  It was snowing a little by then, but not much was sticking.  Found a lone, lost flip flop, but I hope they were not wearing it today.  

283869FB-E022-4E79-B619-6D006B3E7724.thumb.jpeg.91a4a207225d7bed77f77b817a8c97b0.jpeg

This afternoon, Susan took our daughter to her appointment with the surgeon.  I am afraid she will have horrible, rush hour traffic on her way back. She hates driving in that.  

Me, I am running loads of laundry through at my daughter’s house, while they are away.  Oh, and I have grandkid watching duty. 

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Sea DogGreg, did you decide to go ahead with your dinner party?  

We told our situation with our guests and said that Linda may be 1 day shy of the 10 days and they said they were not worried and want to go ahead. They gave all had COVID before and are vaccinated and boosted. They don’t seem to be bothered by it so we will go ahead with it.

• Like 22

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We told our situation with our guests and said that Linda may be 1 day shy of the 10 days and they said they were not worried and want to go ahead. They gave all had COVID before and are vaccinated and boosted. They don’t seem to be bothered by it so we will go ahead with it.

Glad to hear it!! Your menu sounds amazing.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

The family is going to this tonight.  They are holding a Candlelight Vigil.  It is exactly six months today they lost their dad, so maybe this will help🤞8D5D2D4B-7482-487B-8353-5AA32ECA5B1C.thumb.jpeg.6af640dda7424360c083820674b536eb.jpeg 

Mental health and grief awareness sadly is a subject that doesn’t get the attention that it deserves. 

I will take a moment of silence tonight in honour of your family.  I hope that they can find some direction from this anguish that they had to endure. Hugs from our home to yours. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

@Sea Dog A thought about entertaining your guests this coming Saturday.It is a nod to your hospitality and friendship that they are fine to join you for dinner.

But, I am wondering if your wife and you have the stamina to host such a party after recovering from Covid a short time ago.

There is a lot of preparation in having guests for dinner- grocery shopping, cleaning the house, setting the table and ,of course,cooking.

A friend had Covid in October. She remained fatigued for weeks after the initial symptoms subsided. She texted me yesterday that she now has a bad cold with congestion and coughing. She is totally knocked out. She is thinking that’s she has Covid agai, but hasn’t tested yet- no get up and go for her..

Hoping that you have a successful party and that you and your wife can enjoy the time with your guests.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 6

@Lucky Nana Very glad to read that your Ryan is doing well with the pump.

Our Charlie has had the pump for quite awhile and is doing well also. He is 16,a HS Sophomore  who went to the Homecoming dance with a girl from his honors Chemistry class. He is competing in fencing tournaments and is on the HS fencing team.

A college coach reached out to him , but then realized he is a Sophmore ,and apparently can’t be recruited until Junior year. The coach reassured him he will be contact next school year.

Very thankful that medical research and innovation has given kids with Juvenile Diabetes a way to handle the disease and live comfortable lives.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

@DaniDanielle Good that your daughter and grandchildren are participating in the event tonight.

Holidays can be an especially difficult time after the passing of a loved one.

I lost my father to Alzheimer’s four days after Christmas when I was twenty- seven. Holidays after that we’re difficult for my mother and me for quite awhile. Fortunately,we had friends and family who embraced us with love and understanding.

In the coming days, I hope that you and your daughter and grandchildren are touched by  love and understanding from those that know you and care about all of you.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

As usual, there have been pages and pages of posts since I have last read Dani’s thread.

To all those who have lost pets recently, I was sorry to read of their passings.

Pets do take over our hearts and become cherished members of our families.

Hoping that memories of your pets comfort all of you who are missing them.

💐MJ

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

@Sea Dog A thought about entertaining your guests this coming Saturday.It is a nod to your hospitality and friendship that they are fine to join you for dinner.

But, I am wondering if your wife and you have the stamina to host such a party after recovering from Covid a short time ago.

There is a lot of preparation in having guests for dinner- grocery shopping, cleaning the house, setting the table and ,of course,cooking.

A friend had Covid in October. She remained fatigued for weeks after the initial symptoms subsided. She texted me yesterday that she now has a bad cold with congestion and coughing. She is totally knocked out. She is thinking that’s she has Covid agai, but hasn’t tested yet- no get up and go for her..

Hoping that you have a successful party and that you and your wife can enjoy the time with your guests.

MJ🙋🏻

Yes I have thought of that I’m pretty much going to do everything since I am further a long than her. I do most of the cooking anyway. When we got married our arrangement was whoever gets home first starts making dinner. Since she was an assistant prosecutor and lawyer she worked way more hours than me. Since before we were married I was a bachelor who alway ate out and never cooked. Matter of fact in two apartments I lived in over a total of 14 years the stove was never turned on. So when I got the opportunity to cook it was exciting for me. I got to the point where I got quite good at it. We balance each other out since she is better at the bills and finances and cleaning. I’ll take cooking any day.

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I have thought of that I’m pretty much going to do everything since I am further a long than her. I do most of the cooking anyway. When we got married our arrangement was whoever gets home first starts making dinner. Since she was an assistant prosecutor and lawyer she worked way more hours than me. Since before we were married I was a bachelor who alway ate out and never cooked. Matter of fact in two apartments I lived in over a total of 14 years the stove was never turned on. So when I got the opportunity to cook it was exciting for me. I got to the point where I got quite good at it. We balance each other out since she is better at the bills and finances and cleaning. I’ll take cooking any day.

Somehow I became the cook also, my wife says I complained about her cooking once and I should cook , I have no memory of this . Greg I don’t believe my cooking can compare with yours , I do lots on the grill, when we bought our house first thing I did was get a gas line to the grill outside. We also eat out a lot. By the way I bought a bottle Woodford reserve double Oaked , to give our friend for his 60th birthday party Saturday. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, George C said:

Somehow I became the cook also, my wife says I complained about her cooking once and I should cook , I have no memory of this . Greg I don’t believe my cooking can compare with yours , I do lots on the grill, when we bought our house first thing I did was get a gas line to the grill outside. We also eat out a lot. By the way I bought a bottle Woodford reserve double Oaked , to give our friend for his 60th birthday party Saturday. 

I love to grill and do grill all year round. Even if it’s snowing I’m out there.

Im sure he will love the Woodford Double Oak. That’s a great bottle.

• Like 3

@DaniDanielle Thos of us who have good memories of our loved ones who have passed are very fortunate to have that comfort. 

When I think about it, I have had my hubby in my life (43 years) longer than my father.

My Dad and I did a lot of the Christmas preparations,particularly choosing the Christmas tree and decorating it. Always think of him when we decorate our house.

Wishing you and all the posters here a good evening.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

The family is going to this tonight.  They are holding a Candlelight Vigil.  It is exactly six months today they lost their dad, so maybe this will help🤞8D5D2D4B-7482-487B-8353-5AA32ECA5B1C.thumb.jpeg.6af640dda7424360c083820674b536eb.jpeg 

I truly hope they find comfort in this solidarity.  God Bless them, Marietta.🙏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

In our house, I do the cooking and my hubby does clean up and dinner dishes.

He does this every night and whenever we have company and holiday meals.

Yes, he is truly a good guy!

MJ🙋🏻

Same here, although he does any outside grilling. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

@Lucky Nana Very glad to read that your Ryan is doing well with the pump.

Our Charlie has had the pump for quite awhile and is doing well also. He is 16,a HS Sophomore  who went to the Homecoming dance with a girl from his honors Chemistry class. He is competing in fencing tournaments and is on the HS fencing team.

A college coach reached out to him , but then realized he is a Sophmore ,and apparently can’t be recruited until Junior year. The coach reassured him he will be contact next school year.

Very thankful that medical research and innovation has given kids with Juvenile Diabetes a way to handle the disease and live comfortable lives.

MJ🙋🏻

Thank you, MJ!

It's heartwarming to hear about Charlie and his many accomplishments!  I do appreciate hearing how well he is doing.  Thank you for sharing!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Great news about Ryan’s progress!

His wrist is fully healed. He still goes to PT once a week, just trying to maximize his range of motion and strength but he’ll probably quit that soon.  Even the therapist said it’s never going to be 100%.  

I’m not ready for this!  
But then I saw @h20skibum Mark’s comment about Buffalo possibly getting 3-6 feet of snow, so I should probably shut-up about the cold😀

Thank you, Deb!

Glad to hear that Andy's wrist if fully healed.

About this cold.....dang, it's so cold, and not ready for this!  It's supposed to be dang cold like this for the next 10 days here..

• Like 2