Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

My day so far….

Up early, and we started like most days, with a soak in our hot tub. It was 29°, with a feels like 20°.  It is nice that it is covered, and only about 5 steps from our family room patio door. I have the enclosure up, to keep the wind and snow out, and I am testing out a patio heater to see if it will warm the space more. Even without a heater, it isn’t bad. 

Then, we were off for a five mile walk in the cold.  It was snowing a little by then, but not much was sticking.  Found a lone, lost flip flop, but I hope they were not wearing it today.  

This afternoon, Susan took our daughter to her appointment with the surgeon.  I am afraid she will have horrible, rush hour traffic on her way back. She hates driving in that.  

Me, I am running loads of laundry through at my daughter’s house, while they are away.  Oh, and I have grandkid watching duty. 

Mark, you and Susan amaze me...🙏

• Like 6

So at the vigil after the adults spoke they asked the children if they would like to speak.  No one raised their hand except our eight year old granddaughter.  My daughter said she took the microphone like a pro and told her story ending with We miss him and that’s it.  My daughter said she had most everyone in tears.  Hopefully, this was a good thing they did.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m not ready for this!  
But then I saw @h20skibum Mark’s comment about Buffalo possibly getting 3-6 feet of snow, so I should probably shut-up about the cold😀

OMG I had not heard Buffalo's forecast.   That's crazy for November!

Glad to hear his wrist is doing better.    Eric went thru 6 weeks of PT (2x a week) and it really helped.   He would mumble he was going to cancel and I said just finish it out and he did and was glad he did.   

• Like 3

We had a hiccup with our dinner celebration this evening for Chris and Donna.    The new Bride came home from work feeling like crap.    She tested and was negative but will test again tomorrow morning.    So the new Groom is doing his duty of caring for his new Wife❤️

We were already on our way to Center City when we got the call so we decided to stop and grab a bite to eat at Eric's old stomping grounds from his college days at U of P.

Smokey Joe's   https://www.smokeyjoesbar.com/our-menu

The owner even recognized Eric and still has Eric's rowing picture on the wall when his team won (we were last there about 4 or 5 years ago).    They do have really good food at very reasonable prices (link to menu above) since it is a college hang out but does have a mix of ages.

We will wait to hear when Donna is feeling better to reschedule.    Her Mom is coming into town this weekend so maybe she will feel better and her Mom can join us.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had a hiccup with our dinner celebration this evening for Chris and Donna.    The new Bride came home from work feeling like crap.    She tested and was negative but will test again tomorrow morning.    So the new Groom is doing his duty of caring for his new Wife❤️

We were already on our way to Center City when we got the call so we decided to stop and grab a bite to eat at Eric's old stomping grounds from his college days at U of P.

The owner even recognized Eric and still has Eric's rowing picture on the wall when his team won (we were last there about 4 or 5 years ago).    They do have really good food at very reasonable prices (link to menu above) since it is a college hang out but does have a mix of ages.

Sorry to hear that Donna is not feeling well.  Hopefully Chris will stay well, Donna feels better, and that you, Eric, and Donna's Mom will get to celebrate the happy couple with a Celebratory Dinner.

Well, it sounds like Eric must've been quite the regular at Smokey Joe's😉    The Hofbrau on Staten Island was one of my "hang outs", which was a big meeting place for Wagner College students..good times!😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

So at the vigil after the adults spoke they asked the children if they would like to speak.  No one raised their hand except our eight year old granddaughter.  My daughter said she took the microphone like a pro and told her story ending with We miss him and that’s it.  My daughter said she had most everyone in tears.  Hopefully, this was a good thing they did.

That certainly took a lot of courage and love on your little granddaughter's part.  This was a big step on your daughter and grandchildren's part.  I wish them happiness, Marietta.  I wish you all so much happiness.💕

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

That’s incredible and courageous that she stood up and spoke about her Dad.  The holidays will be so difficult for them.  I hope hearing others stories helps them just a little.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

OMG I had not heard Buffalo's forecast.   That's crazy for November!

Glad to hear his wrist is doing better.    Eric went thru 6 weeks of PT (2x a week) and it really helped.   He would mumble he was going to cancel and I said just finish it out and he did and was glad he did.   

Almost every week he says he’s not going back.  I just remind him he might as well continue and get as much as he can from it, especially since we met our medical deductible and out of pocket maximum with his surgery, so it’s free until the end of the year. 

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We will wait to hear when Donna is feeling better to reschedule.    Her Mom is coming into town this weekend so maybe she will feel better and her Mom can join us.

Too bad you had to postpone. Hopefully she feels better by the weekend and her Mom can join in the celebration.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

@LuckynanaThank you so much.  The Hofbrau, oh boy!  Did you ever go to the Gallery Lounge?  That was another good time.

No, never been there.  The Swiss Chalet was one of our places, but the Hofbrau was my main hangout.  The Red Lantern, only once or twice.  The Beachcomber in Annadale, an occasional bar on Forest Avenue (most especially on St. Patrick's Day)  Jim always marched down both Forest Avenue as well as 5th Avenue with FDNY...ah, the good old days.😊

Now our good old days are in Naples and on cruises😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Oh my, what a courageous thing to do.  My heart breaks for them. 💔

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear your celebration had a hiccup, hoping Donna and Chris remain healthy.  There will always be time to celebrate later.  Glad to hear you were still able to have a great evening.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

She's an amazing big girl to have the courage and strength to get up in front of everyone.   That's great she felt comfortable and wanted to share with everyone.   That sounds very healthy for the healing process.   

I'm sure everyone is very proud of her.  I know I am💖

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@JimboI love the bricks!!  Beautiful!😉

Thanks, Once Cabins are installed and countertops and  2 pendant lights over island then the brick layers will be coming back to put brick paver tiles on the floor.

They will be very close in color in the bricks on wall and fireplace https://pinehallbrick.com/products/millstone/ 1/2" thick  2 3/4"x  7 5/8"    but the paver tiles  for floor will be a standard brick size when looking down on top of a brick. They are a 1/2" thick........4"x8"

https://pinehallbrick.com/products/old-mill/

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

The family is going to this tonight.  They are holding a Candlelight Vigil.  It is exactly six months today they lost their dad, so maybe this will help🤞8D5D2D4B-7482-487B-8353-5AA32ECA5B1C.thumb.jpeg.6af640dda7424360c083820674b536eb.jpeg 

I don’t know if we have this Australia.  But it is needed. I am glad your daughter & grandchildren have this.  So impressed that your granddaughter stepped up and spoke about her dad.  Hugs to you all.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Day 2 of the cat sitting by DD.  Apparently the big fluff is a bit of a chatterbox and they have been having great conversations.  “Mum, he talks more than me!” 

This morning, she had a zoom interview.  In the middle of the interview, the big fluff decided to pounce on the laptop….the interviewer suddenly saw the screen tip sideways and the screen filled with very fluffy orange fur 🤣

• Haha 14

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Thanks, Once Cabins are installed and countertops and  2 pendant lights over island then the brick layers will be coming back to put brick paver tiles on the floor.

They will be very close in color in the bricks on wall and fireplace https://pinehallbrick.com/products/millstone/ 1/2" thick  2 3/4"x  7 5/8"    but the paver tiles  for floor will be a standard brick size when looking down on top of a brick. They are a 1/2" thick........4"x8"

https://pinehallbrick.com/products/old-mill/

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished pictures. 😃

The brick looks so much better on the fireplace.

When do they expect to have finished?

11 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Like others have said, I too am so proud of your granddaughter and your family. They have an entire virtual family here trying to hold onto them tight. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished pictures. 😃

The brick looks so much better on the fireplace.

When do they expect to have finished?

Was suppose  to be a 2 month timeline, but that's not going to happen. 2 months will be tomorrow since they started. But I guess with us having the in-laws suite down stairs and  knew we have another full kitchen down there we were not as a priority as we have hoped. He has been fitting other jobs in as he goes.

He  did however say since we have that brick work done over where the cabinets go we should be 90% done but Thanksgiving, but I will believe that when we see it. 🙂

We never did like the fireplace when we bought the house, knew eventually we would change it out. Never were we wanting to get a TV that could have fit in that hole. lol

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sweet brave girl. It hurts my heart to think about what those babies are going through, especially here at the holidays.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1