Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 hours ago, Keksie said:

The needles are small and the animals really don't seem to notice the injections.  

Apparently I must have been doing it wrong.  I had a diabetic cat about 20 years ago and would have to give him twice daily shots.  It was a production every single day.

• Like 2

@Jimbo

Sorry for your loss.  When you have a little buddy that is part of the family, it takes a toll when they are gone.

Last night I was able to turn my thinking cap off and got a great night sleep,

For me  6 hours is a treat.

After getting up at 5 am, an doing my wifely duties I headed off to the mall.

Before I knew it I had done 5 miles.  Must have said many prayers and had my thinking cap turned on.

I know all of us have times that things throw a curve in what otherwise would be a routine day, but sometimes life is not fair and post challenges.

Our job is to deal with it and get resolution.

Worrying accomplishes nothing.

I am very lucky to be in an awesome marriage and have other family and friends that are my support system.

Keep me in your thoughts, and I will check back and post when I am back on CC more.

Once a nurse, always a nurse and been also busy with nursy duties to friends. 

Just did a quickie speed read and hope I did not miss anything or anyone needs.

You are in my thoughts.

Take care

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

My daughter's cat Goose is experiencing his first Christmas.  He's naturally curious and playful, so he may not mix well with Christmas decorations.

One of these things is not like the other

IMG_4858.thumb.JPEG.f1176069766ed6cacbb2ca2bda7e705b.JPEG

Not sure how well the tree will survive

IMG_4889.thumb.JPEG.838f0a55613535eface979c9ce357c7b.JPEG

If this is your Daughter's first cat, please let her know to Not use any tinsel.    We also avoid having live poinsetta's in our house.   

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Before I got Jade I went to our local animal shelter. When I was looking at one of the cats she stuck her paw out and put it in my hand. I just wasn't ready to make a decision. I went back the next day and she was already gone. I still think about that cat and hope she is having a good life. I can't help but think she was asking me to take her home... but I didn't.😐

That was exactly our situation with Basil.  We went to the shelter and saw one that my wife really liked but we weren't ready to make a decision.  We filled out the forms to get approved for adoption and waited for them to call us.  When we went back in a couple of days the one that my wife really liked, while still there, was spoken for. We chose Basil.  He was this funny looking gangly little thing that pranced around, almost saying, "look at me, look at me". I was smitten.  It's been six months but I miss my little buddy still.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks for asking. I'm better and feel almost 100% but I still tested positive for Covid this morning. Linda is better and is about two days behind me. I'm worried only in that we have a dinner party at my house this Saturday for two other couples. I hope we are negative by then or we will have to cancel.

Have you mentioned to your dinner party that you and Linda are recovering from Covid.  Obviously you cannot wear a mask while eating so see how your guests feel about it.    If they don't want to take the chance right before the Holidays, I can be there (I had covid in Oct)😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I’ve fallen behind again, story of my life LOL.  I’ve just been busy getting things done for youngest DD’s 30th birthday celebration.  We’re going out to a nice dinner Friday night along with middle DD, SIL and the 2 granddaughters.  The birthday girl asked for a record player as her gift.  I guess they’ve become popular again with young people.  So we got that and yesterday I went album shopping.  Target had a decent selection, I ended up getting her Adele’s “30” (how could I not get that one), Taylor Swift’s “Red” and Fleetwood Mac “Rumours”.  Adding to her collection will be great for Christmas gifts.  Which is another thing I need to get moving on.  
In other news, Andy had an appointment with Ortho doctor yesterday as he’s had hip & knee pain for quite a while that’s been getting worse lately.  X-rays showed he has some arthritis in his right knee but “severe” arthritis in his right hip.  He will need hip replacement but for now they’re going to try anti-inflammatory meds and PT.  They also think the way he limps because of the hip is what’s contributing to the knee pain since the arthritis in his knee isn’t that bad.  So we’ll see how he is after this course of treatment, he goes back in January for a follow up.  

• Like 11

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Our Sparky loves our neighbors dog.  Full size poodle.   He goes to their yard and they chase ball and toys together.

Sparky was about 1 to 1.5 yrs old when we got him at the shelter.  I think Sparky grew up with dogs.  He does a lot of dog like things and he constantly wags his tail like a dog.

Maybe your daughter can find a cat that is good with dogs. 

Sparky sounds adorable.  

Daughter sent me a video yesterday of a rescue cat - the cat was lying on its back on the deck stretching and rolling and the pet dog was lying next to it, doing the exact same thing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Repetitive testing is really not recommended. You get covid, you isolate for 5 days. Provided you are improving you mask for another 5 days when going out and that is it.

I guess the question is if I got it two Saturdays ago will I still be infectious this 3rd Saturday.

40 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Have you mentioned to your dinner party that you and Linda are recovering from Covid.  Obviously you cannot wear a mask while eating so see how your guests feel about it.    If they don't want to take the chance right before the Holidays, I can be there (I had covid in Oct)😃

Yes they know. They have all had Covid and are boosted. They don't seem to be too worried about it but are letting us make the final call.

• Like 3

DD is on cat sitting duties for the first time for my friends’ cat.  My friends left on Ovation yesterday.

DD sent me a photo just before she left for work of a unhappy cat hiding under their dining table.

It was the face of a cat not happy that the fur parents have deserted him and someone new is in the house…

I told her she was not to worry.  When she goes to bed, she will get cat cuddles.

Sure enough, she sent me an update first thing this morning that the handsome ball of fluff had joined her in the middle of the night and started “chatting” to her and was following her around this morning.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 13

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We got to check-in for our December 31st cruise this morning. It is 45 days from today.

Carnival only lets you check-in 14 days before departure which is stressing me out and you can’t book your shore tours until boarding so I have to make sure I get an early boarding time.

Have you done a NYE’s cruise before?  We did NYE on the Voyager and loved it.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Sparky sounds adorable.  

Daughter sent me a video yesterday of a rescue cat - the cat was lying on its back on the deck stretching and rolling and the pet dog was lying next to it, doing the exact same thing.

Sounds like that cat could be the perfect addition to your family😃

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I guess the question is if I got it two Saturdays ago will I still be infectious this 3rd Saturday.

I think you mean contagious and it is highly unlikely. That is why the recommendations have moved to five days of quarentine followed by five days of masking...period.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Leaving shortly to go to the closing for the new house.  Of course the cats sense something is up…even before the suitcases come out…which clinches the suspicion.  Our previous cat, Amelia the Beautiful, responded to our going away by punishing us with standoffish behavior.  Diana and Minnie respond by wanting to be in your lap and cuddled even closer to you at night.  Guess which behavior is more successful at making me feel terrible… 😢

93B6A2A5-3CBD-4C1F-AFC9-E6F2C2A481F6.jpeg

Good luck with the closing.  Wish we could offer warmer weather while you're here.  High of 56 tomorrow. I'll need to wear long pants. ☹️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

For any of you cocktail lovers out there I highly recommend you watch the Netflix series "Drink Masters." It's like a cooking competition except for making cocktails. I had no idea the craftsmanship, artistry and complexity that went into creating some of these cocktails. They are truly works of art. You should check the show out it's really good.

This looks great.  I'm in!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If this is your Daughter's first cat, please let her know to Not use any tinsel.    We also avoid having live poinsetta's in our house.   

Thanks for this.  She should know from having cats while growing up, but I'll definitely warn her just in case.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Carnival only lets you check-in 14 days before departure which is stressing me out and you can’t book your shore tours until boarding so I have to make sure I get an early boarding time.

Well that kind of sucks. I can totally understand you stressing out. 

59 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Have you done a NYE’s cruise before?  We did NYE on the Voyager and loved it.

It’s a first for us. We have a happened to be onboard for St Patrick’s Day, and Thanksgiving but never Christmas or NYE. 

• Like 2

This one's for you @Ocean Boy.  We toured the Amelia Island Lighthouse today.  It's only open for tours and the first and third Wed of every month.  Unfortunately, you can't climb to the top.  I didn't know much about lighthouses but that started with a small presentation covering lighthouses in general, how to tell as a boater what lighthouse you're looking at visually during the day and with timed flashes during the night (e.g. the Amelia Island lighthouse is conical and all white with a black top and flashes once every 10 seconds), and the history of the Amelia Island Lighthouse (which was originally on Cumberland Island).  Although the Amelia Island Lighthouse is only 67 feet tall, it sits on the highest point on the island so that the light is 107 feet above sea level.  

APC_3654.thumb.JPG.77433ebd994d6b33ba5f1880efc9691d.JPG

APC_3655.thumb.JPG.2c4099b96a516617e3b0cc3beb2149dd.JPG

Granite steps

APC_3652.thumb.JPG.44bb51827f93f1ef31e7bfda18c13dab.JPG

APC_3653.thumb.JPG.c491f4fdc99ca96488edca41eedb7e1c.JPG

Historical Plaque

APC_3651.thumb.JPG.47be4099bb78d0129b5a1ffb9fdad3ef.JPG

Brochure, for those who want to learn more

IMG_9976.thumb.JPG.16f9f1d89bab33635631a2fd9926241d.JPG

IMG_9975.thumb.JPG.e4d725f65c988e451dbb7515811091f3.JPG

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

It’s a first for us. We have a happened to be onboard for St Patrick’s Day, and Thanksgiving but never Christmas or NYE. 

I trust you will enjoy NYE on board as much as we did.

Christmas on board is great too.  Best thing about our cruising season being Sept to April is that I’ve done a few December cruises and I love how the ships are decorated for Christmas.  Have been told our upcoming cruise will be decorated 🎄

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I would defer to whatever the Doc @Ocean Boy says but the county public health who followed up with her after she tested positive told my wife she was good to leave quarantine 5 days after symptom onset. I think they said something about masking for another 5 days.

• Like 2

I think you mean contagious and it is highly unlikely. That is why the recommendations have moved to five days of quarentine followed by five days of masking...period.

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

I would defer to whatever the Doc @Ocean Boy says but the county public health who followed up with her after she tested positive told my wife she was good to leave quarantine 5 days after symptom onset. I think they said something about masking for another 5 days.

Oops I should have read further before commenting...  

What he said🔝

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes thank you. That is the right word.

20 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Thank you!

On 11/15/2022 at 8:26 PM, Luckynana said:

Sue, how are your grandsons feeling?  Has the little guy been discharged from the hospital?🙏

Thank you, he was discharged yesterday evening. We were at hospital during the day and he seemed his normal happy lively self.  Enjoying his new skill of walking and playing in the playroom. They have a nebuliser if necessary but hopefully won't need it. 

We had him all day today and tomorrow as not recovered enough for nursery yet. So busy days. Unfortunately it's been raining all day but hopefully tomorrow we can spend some time in the park and feed the ducks 

• Like 13