Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

My understanding is the lobster they are charging for us a Maine lobster.  Much larger than the previously free tails.

I bet they dim the lights in the Dining room on Lobster Night  now..............Everything looks larger..... 😉

Edited by Jimbo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

@Jimbo I am once again playing catch up, but want to say how very sorry I am that Graycie passed.

I can definitely empathize.  A feral cat and I adopted each other during the pandemic.  He (Mr. Kitty) was such a blessing to me, but after about 1 1/2 years, he had a stroke and died.  It was all so sudden.  I was with him when he took his last breath.
Pat

465806A7-9B92-4594-B31D-A6CD1D0FE5A7.thumb.jpeg.ef9839534786bd5d8c8c9f0139a6ed6f.jpeg

A4B49DD0-504F-484E-B424-AEE09A36EBD4.thumb.jpeg.11e41b86d91869a8fccfb1cff5a958d5.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

52 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Right Up The Ole Poop Shoot GIF - Right Up The Ole Poop Shoot Look Around GIFs

Well looks like Lobster Night in the Main Dining Room will just turn out into another Night at Windjammer for us................Have no idea what they are thinking of for charging that much for those Tiny Tails they serve........... maybe a extra $4.99 per tail would be more reasonable, but $16.99 Wow !

What next for additional charges? Prime Rib?

I agree!   I understand they are experiencing rising food costs like everyone but $16.99 per tail is way too much.   Hopefully their trial run on Symphony is a fail😁

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

@Jimbo I am once again playing catch up, but want to say how very sorry I am that Graycie passed.

I can definitely empathize.  A feral cat and I adopted each other during the pandemic.  He (Mr. Kitty) was such a blessing to me, but after about 1 1/2 years, he had a stroke and died.  It was all so sudden.  I was with him when he took his last breath.
Pat

465806A7-9B92-4594-B31D-A6CD1D0FE5A7.thumb.jpeg.ef9839534786bd5d8c8c9f0139a6ed6f.jpeg

A4B49DD0-504F-484E-B424-AEE09A36EBD4.thumb.jpeg.11e41b86d91869a8fccfb1cff5a958d5.jpeg

So Sorry that Mr. Kitty has passed.    I am sure he enjoyed being with you as much as you enjoyed his companionship during the pandemic.    He looks very content in above photos.     May he Rest in Peace.   💕

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Pat

Thank you so much, totally understand when we first took Graycie into  our home , she didn't quite get along with our other cats. So we were looking for another home for her, but after taking her to the vet and found out she had FIV, there was no way we could give her someone else in fear that, that person would just put her down because she comes with complications. Through the years we spent a lot of money on her, every penny was worth it. 🙂

She turned out to be one of the most caring cats we have ever had. My Wife used to talk to her and swears when talking to her she would talk back to her just like a real person. She was an amazing cat and sure are glad we got to spend 4  wonderful years with her.

So  sorry about(Mr. Kitty) He looked like our Lucy. 🙂

20221112_161743.jpg

20221112_161755.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

An early morning stop was at Christmas Land.  Somehow, this is how I envision Greg’s house. 

0A2963D3-1683-4F72-AB57-619844B25BE2.thumb.jpeg.d2a23fc3db7f1d5c6f0745b74628d0f9.jpeg

IMG_6249.MOV 12.04 MB · 1 download  

IMG_6250.MOV
13.92 MB · 1 download

Looks like I need to step up my game. Finishing up the inside today. I'll try and take some pictures tonight.

21 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Pat

This breaks my heart. I am so sorry. At least you held him in comfort at the very end.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

By the way it is snowing here.  We are off to the west coast Wednesday.  So-Cal.  Wedding, wine tastings (Temecula), Joshua Tree, and Palm Springs.  

JC

If you enjoy red wines, I highly recommend Lorenzi Winery.  He has been receiving some excellent reviews.  I am a member there.  Too bad I’m not home, I would meet you there and treat you to a tasting.  Have fun!

Pat

• Like 4

3 hours ago, NHProud said:

I don’t know if this topic was discussed earlier while I was off cruising and honestly I did not read all that was posted while I was gone.

It seems you lobster tail lovers will have to pay $16.99 + tip for every lobster tail if you consume more than one on Symphony on lobster night. It is an experiment RCI will be trying out along with a pared down menu with fewer selections.  

We ate at Hooked and tried the Taste of Royal on the Navigator and do recommend both. 

I had not heard this before. Seems very bogus to me to have to pay extra for those tails with a tip on top of it. Your waiter is already being tipped. I'm glad I dislike the MDR as much as I do. I have no plans to ever eat in there again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I agree!   I understand they are experiencing rising food costs like everyone but $16.99 per tail is way too much.   Hopefully their trial run on Symphony is a fail😁

Seems to me everytime there is a trial of adding a charge to something all that happens is it makes its way to all the other ships and there is a continual jacking up of the price. Sort of reminds be of a virus how it spreads.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

Pat

We just need to give them the best life that we can during the time we are allowed to have them.😑 I lost my previous cat suddenly too. Still makes me sad when I think about it.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Thank you so much, totally understand when we first took Graycie into  our home , she didn't quite get along with our other cats. So we were looking for another home for her, but after taking her to the vet and found out she had FIV, there was no way we could give her someone else in fear that, that person would just put her down because she comes with complications. Through the years we spent a lot of money on her, every penny was worth it. 🙂

She turned out to be one of the most caring cats we have ever had. My Wife used to talk to her and swears when talking to her she would talk back to her just like a real person. She was an amazing cat and sure are glad we got to spend 4  wonderful years with her.

So  sorry about(Mr. Kitty) He looked like our Lucy. 🙂

She is very fortunate that she found you and your loving Wife.    She sounds amazing!!!

Yes, they definitely do know how to talk back.     We use to have a cat, China, that Eric had trained to say "Hello"    she was in meow version but truly did sound like Hello.    

Our cat Sparky knows how to tell time.   Eric never believes me until lately I have showed him on the weekends how I tell the cat to be home by a certain time and sure enough Sparky comes home on the time I mention.    Not just food time.   I showed him on various times of the day.    

You may not realize it right away but your other cats are going to be grieving the loss too!    It took my previous cats anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks to get back into their normal routine after a death of one of their buddies.   Lots of hugs and kisses will make everyone feel better.  😃

• Like 10

Clarification on the dining room changes, since the info here wasn't quite accurate.

TRIAL RUN of new menu on Symphony only at this point.  Hopefully this will go the same direction as Dynamic Dining and No More Crystal Blocks.

The smaller menu is an attempt to increase speed/efficiency through streamlining.

Lobster night will include one MAINE lobster tail for free.  ADDITIONAL MAINE lobster tails will be at an additional cost.  No tiny Caribbean lobster tails served at all, they're not charging for the tiny tails at all.  And you still get one LARGER Maine tail for free.

I now return you to your previous gnashing of teeth.

• Like 8
  • Haha 8

18 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm glad you posted. It is news to me.

It was news to me too, since I have been out of the cruising loop for a couple months.  

I looked at some of those menus, and it looks like they have pared down the number of choices, not only on entrees, but on deserts.  Susan would get the apple blossom for desert almost every night, and now it looks like it is only offered one night.  That is disappointing. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

She is very fortunate that she found you and your loving Wife.    She sounds amazing!!!

Yes, they definitely do know how to talk back.     We use to have a cat, China, that Eric had trained to say "Hello"    she was in meow version but truly did sound like Hello.    

Our cat Sparky knows how to tell time.   Eric never believes me until lately I have showed him on the weekends how I tell the cat to be home by a certain time and sure enough Sparky comes home on the time I mention.    Not just food time.   I showed him on various times of the day.    

You may not realize it right away but your other cats are going to be grieving the loss too!    It took my previous cats anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks to get back into their normal routine after a death of one of their buddies.   Lots of hugs and kisses will make everyone feel better.  😃

Last 3 days we left the other cats downstairs away from Graycie ( which we kept upstairs with us). Debated whether or not for our other 3 cats to give their regards before taking her away to the crematory but didn't want to put them through it and give them bad thoughts.

The 3 cats look curious sniffing around, my wife has cleaned all blankets and such. Hopefully the 3 cat's are doing well. They seem to being doing fine so far.

My Wife is really taking it hard, said she heard a cat crying behind a closed door but all 3 cats are in the room with us. It's sad sometimes. She keeps telling me no more animals, like I haven't heard that before. 🙂

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Last 3 days we left the other cats downstairs away from Graycie ( which we kept upstairs with us). Debated whether or not for our other 3 cats to give their regards before taking her away to the crematory but didn't want to put them through it and give them bad thoughts.

The 3 cats look curious sniffing around, my wife has cleaned all blankets and such. Hopefully the 3 cat's are doing well. They seem to being doing fine so far.

My Wife is really taking it hard, said she heard a cat crying behind a closed door but all 3 cats are in the room with us. It's sad sometimes. She keeps telling me no more animals, like I haven't heard that before. 🙂

My wife said same thing after our original cats passed they lived a long time to 17 and 18, within a month of them passing she called me , she had found two kittens, one Gracie passed a couple of months ago at 15 which shocked us since she was healthy and just had a physical, now we still have her brother Joebob, she now claims that we will not get anymore pets , which I know is not true. 

• Like 11

16 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

For some weird CC reason I clicked to quote Maryann's post but couldn't type a response!!

So, what I wanted to say, @LuckynanaMariann, is that I love reading about your grandkids achievements.  Congrats on the latest!  You, Jim and the whole family must be so proud and rightly so.

Thank you, Bonnie!!  They do make us proud..they're all good kids, every one of them!

14 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@mets07 Congratulations to you and your son & partner on the birth of your newest granddaughter.

@Luckynana Congratulations to your granddaughter on her sporting achievements.  

Thank you, aussie!  Your pictures are beautiful.  What gorgeous colors!  

Is there a certain Province in Canada that your son is planning on working?  I'm sure he will be missed!

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Congratulations to your granddaughter Maryann.

Graham.

Thank you, Graham!

8 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Congrats to her. 

Thanks, Andrew!

@harryfat1beautiful pictures;  love the video of the birds!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sgmn said:

Thank you, cooked some meals yesterday for mum and dad and going over to visit now.  Hoping for good news today 🙏 

Sue, how are your grandsons feeling?  Has the little guy been discharged from the hospital?🙏

7 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Thanks, everyone! Andrew tested negative for both flu and Covid at urgent care yesterday, so at least that's good news. They said he "just" has an acute upper respiratory infection. He was feeling a little better yesterday afternoon; a little bit of a headache, low-grade fever, and an occasional cough. Brian and I are taking EmergenC and all of the vitamins and trying to avoid it.

Hoping Andrew is feeling better and stronger today, and that you and Brian dodge the bullet and stay healthy.  You're both doing the right thing by taking all necessary precautions to stay healthy.

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

So excited today to meet 2 friends for lunch I haven't seen in quite some time.  I'm looking forward to a glass or two of Moscato and laughing non-stop at our previous antics.  Going to a previous favorite Italian joint of ours and hope the food is as good as I remember.

Eye is totally healed.  Amazing how much clearer I can now see out of that eye.  Second one to be done in 2 weeks, Hopefully, I won't develop a scratch since a contact lens will be placed to prevent it from happening this time.  The scratch happened after the surgery, not during.

Hey Bonnie...I'm sure by now you are still with your dear friends and enjoying your time together.  Mozel tov!

Great to hear that your eye is totally healed.  You will be fine after the second one, and you will be so happy once they both have been done and you can get rid of your glasses.😉

• Like 5

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

@LuckynanaCongrats to your family!

@TravelGirlinDallasHave a wonderful cruise, stay healthy.

Thank you, Marietta!

How was Charlie's Birthday dinner?  Did either of you win big in AC>

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@mets07 -- Congratulations on the birth of your fourth granddaughter. Wishing you healthy many more 🌹

@Luckynana -- Congrats, Maryann. Hopefully, all your grandkids will make you proud time and again 🌼

@TravelGirlinDallas -- 🤞 Bethany for a healthy and enjoyable cruise.

@Lionesss -- Sue, positive energy and thoughts crossing the pond towards O-H-I-O 😘

A very urban and perfect sunset today....

image.thumb.jpeg.a00e629d460a44e5786d214d0aa7f8f5.jpeg

Beautiful sunset, Dani!

Thank you for your good wishes!

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Congratulations to your granddaughter.  What a great achievement. 

Thank you, Mark

I am so happy to hear that your granddaughter is now home from the hospital.  So frightening.  I hope she's feeling so much better now that she's home ..her pneumonia must be better, thank God!

Prayers for you, your daughter,  and granddaughter, 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I'm sorry about Graycie. It is so sad to lose a beloved pet. 

Bobbie is funny. He talks all the time now. He never talked at all when Gray Kitty was alive. I guess he doesn't have anyone else to talk to. And he has tantrums when he doesn't get to do what he wants, like go in the back bedroom. He has a noise that sounds like no, and he throws himself down on the carpet and sulks. ☺️

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Pat

Pat, so sorry about your Mr. Kitty's sudden passing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1