Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, I said Big Tex on BD Adventure was going to be a problem....

I haven’t watched this weeks episode yet but judging from last week he’s bad news . I think he’s a racist and a bully. They need to send him back to Texas.

22 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I haven’t watched this weeks episode yet but judging from last week he’s bad news . I think he’s a racist and a bully. They need to send him back to Texas.

Texas has to many racist already send him someplace else 😁😁😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Daughter has decided we need a cat.  DH is opposed to the idea mainly because he is worried about our dog Max’s response.  

In the meantime, I am being shown daily photos from the rescue site of adorable cats.  

“Mum, looking at cats is the best part of my day”

Can we convince DH?  Time will tell…

He did have a beautiful oil painting portrait done of Arabella the cat we owned when we were first married, so daughter has hope….

• Like 15

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Daughter has decided we need a cat.  DH is opposed to the idea mainly because he is worried about our dog Max’s response.  

In the meantime, I am being shown daily photos from the rescue site of adorable cats.  

He did have a beautiful oil painting portrait done of Arabella the cat we owned when we were first married, so daughter has hope….

Our Sparky loves our neighbors dog.  Full size poodle.   He goes to their yard and they chase ball and toys together.

Sparky was about 1 to 1.5 yrs old when we got him at the shelter.  I think Sparky grew up with dogs.  He does a lot of dog like things and he constantly wags his tail like a dog.

Maybe your daughter can find a cat that is good with dogs. 

• Like 7

18 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Through the years we spent a lot of money on her, every penny was worth it. 🙂

She turned out to be one of the most caring cats we have ever had. My Wife used to talk to her and swears when talking to her she would talk back to her just like a real person. She was an amazing cat and sure are glad we got to spend 4  wonderful years with her.

It may have only been a short time frame but Gracie clearly had an effect on both of you. 

17 hours ago, Jimbo said:

My Wife is really taking it hard, said she heard a cat crying behind a closed door but all 3 cats are in the room with us. It's sad sometimes. She keeps telling me no more animals, like I haven't heard that before. 🙂

I'm picturing your Graycie being laid to rest in your wonderful backyard. There she would be near to you both, and in a place where she most likely enjoyed mousing if she was allowed out of the house. 

• Like 6

We went to one of our regular local restaurants last night.  The food is nothing to write home about, but it has a covered outdoor patio that's right on the beach.  They also have picnic tables on the sand.  There are no sand dunes there.  Great for a burger or fish tacos while staring at the ocean.  We haven't been there since Nicole came through.  The storm surge damage there was very evident.  Sand had been pushed from the beach all the way to the parking lot and covered the area with the picnic tables.  Several shallow areas on the beach that are filled with tide water.  Looks like they need a bulldozer to rearrange the sand.

APC_3646.thumb.JPG.20c4673cd05e3f5603747cce0f7ae016.JPG

• Like 17

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Before I got Jade I went to our local animal shelter. When I was looking at one of the cats she stuck her paw out and put it in my hand. I just wasn't ready to make a decision. I went back the next day and she was already gone. I still think about that cat and hope she is having a good life. I can't help but think she was asking me to take her home... but I didn't.😐

Oh wow. I can see how that memory would stick with you. Thankfully, it seems that kitty found a home, but I'm sure you'll always wonder.

We went to the city shelter a couple of times last year, but all of the cats we tried to interact with hid and/or hissed at us. I know the shelter is a stressful place and the cats might not be "themselves" while there, but it was a bit disheartening to not connect with any of them. And we were mostly looking at cats, not kittens, because I didn't feel up to dealing with kitten shenanigans again in this phase of life. 😂 

We ended up getting Lucy a couple of weeks later from a rescue, and thankfully she seemed to like us right off the bat. Both of our current cats enjoy belly rubs, which makes me happy, because belly fur is the softest. 

• Like 14

Leaving shortly to go to the closing for the new house.  Of course the cats sense something is up…even before the suitcases come out…which clinches the suspicion.  Our previous cat, Amelia the Beautiful, responded to our going away by punishing us with standoffish behavior.  Diana and Minnie respond by wanting to be in your lap and cuddled even closer to you at night.  Guess which behavior is more successful at making me feel terrible… 😢

93B6A2A5-3CBD-4C1F-AFC9-E6F2C2A481F6.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I hope you do get a new kitty. Please post a pic when you do.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

For any of you cocktail lovers out there I highly recommend you watch the Netflix series "Drink Masters." It's like a cooking competition except for making cocktails. I had no idea the craftsmanship, artistry and complexity that went into creating some of these cocktails. They are truly works of art. You should check the show out it's really good.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@Sea Dog

Greg, how are you and Linda feeling? 🌹

Thanks for asking. I'm better. I just took a Covid test and I'm still testing positive even though I feel pretty good. I still have a cough from time to time. Linda is better but she is about two days behind me. Problem is we have a dinner party at our house this Saturday. I think I should be fine by then and also Linda but we are cutting it kind of close.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 9

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, I said Big Tex on BD Adventure was going to be a problem....

I hope the Captain had a more in-depth discussion with him off camera than what was shown on camera.  What was shown was very superficial and did not address all the issues.  Kyle doesn't appear to be someone who would actually listen anyway as shown by his comments.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

@Sea Dog

Greg, how are you and Linda feeling? 🌹

Thanks for asking. I'm better and feel almost 100% but I still tested positive for Covid this morning. Linda is better and is about two days behind me. I'm worried only in that we have a dinner party at my house this Saturday for two other couples. I hope we are negative by then or we will have to cancel.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks for asking. I'm better and feel almost 100% but I still tested positive for Covid this morning. Linda is better and is about two days behind me. I'm worried only in that we have a dinner party at my house this Saturday for two other couples. I hope we are negative by then or we will have to cancel.

Repetitive testing is really not recommended. You get covid, you isolate for 5 days. Provided you are improving you mask for another 5 days when going out and that is it.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

I hope the Captain had a more in-depth discussion with him off camera than what was shown on camera.  What was shown was very superficial and did not address all the issues.  Kyle doesn't appear to be someone who would actually listen anyway as shown by his comments.

He seems like a very immature kid that has a lot of growing up to do. He seems very quick to dismiss everything to a maybe not so optimal family environment when growing up. He does seem like a very inconsiderate bully and know it all. And I agree, he needs an intervention and I hope the captain had a more in depth talk with him.

I can't remember any other crew member being let go so quickly into the season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

My father used to put up a lot of opposition to more animals coming into the house. My mother, brother, and I mostly ignored his position on the matter.🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

It may have only been a short time frame but Gracie clearly had an effect on both of you. 

I'm picturing your Graycie being laid to rest in your wonderful backyard. There she would be near to you both, and in a place where she most likely enjoyed mousing if she was allowed out of the house. 

You got that right Andrew, she had a major effect on us both. She was a fighter for sure, there is more of a back story to this, but I rather not go into here. I hope everyone is understanding of that.

Graycie will be cremated  like 3 of our other cats who have past., My Wife has beautiful boxes for the ashes. Graycie will have one too. After we took Graycie in she was never let outside again, also like our other 3  present cats, they are all inside cats.

3 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Leaving shortly to go to the closing for the new house.  Of course the cats sense something is up…even before the suitcases come out…which clinches the suspicion.  Our previous cat, Amelia the Beautiful, responded to our going away by punishing us with standoffish behavior.  Diana and Minnie respond by wanting to be in your lap and cuddled even closer to you at night.  Guess which behavior is more successful at making me feel terrible… 😢

93B6A2A5-3CBD-4C1F-AFC9-E6F2C2A481F6.jpeg

You are moving out of state right, is your closing in your present state, that is how we bought out house in Virginia. Closing was done in Virginia by our lawyer in Virginia. Everything was signed before hand.

We closed on our house sale in NJ and bought the house 2 days later in Virginia. Our buyers allowed us to stay in our NJ house the extra 2 days so then we could pack up and make the drive to Virginia and went right to our house the 1st day we got to Virginia. Worked out well.

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

For any of you cocktail lovers out there I highly recommend you watch the Netflix series "Drink Masters." It's like a cooking competition except for making cocktails. I had no idea the craftsmanship, artistry and complexity that went into creating some of these cocktails. They are truly works of art. You should check the show out it's really good.

Have watched that show a few times, amazing what they can do while making drinks. To awesome looking to drink.

• Like 6