Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

27 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I would defer to whatever the Doc @Ocean Boy says but the county public health who followed up with her after she tested positive told my wife she was good to leave quarantine 5 days after symptom onset. I think they said something about masking for another 5 days.

That is pretty much what I said.

20 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I've been meaning to ask, how is your Grandson doing with his recent diagnosis of diabetes?   

Ryan has been doing so well since he got his pump.  It's like he's a different kid since getting it...big smile on his face...he's begun eating with us again, since he doesn't have to first figure out what he's going to be eating, figure out the math between the carbs and insulin, and not having to get his shot 15 minutes before he eats each meal.  Of course, he still has to do the carb and insulin stuff, but it's a whole new world...in the best way!!  Thank you so much for asking!🌹

BTW...how has Eric been doing with his back?

17 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Lunch with my friends today was fabulous.  We drank, we ate, we laughed for 2 1/2 hours.   I had an exceptional dish but forget the name.  Chicken w/mushrooms over pasta in a brandy cream sauce.  So good I cleaned my plate. 

New memories made with old friends.  Priceless!

8 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We got to check-in for our December 31st cruise this morning. It is 45 days from today.

Whoot whoot!

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is pretty much what I said.

So this Saturday will mark 11 days for me but it will be 9 days for Linda. I guess we should ask our guests if they would feel comfortable coming over or not? What do you think?

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

So this Saturday will mark 11 days for me but it will be 9 days for Linda. I guess we should ask our guests if they would feel comfortable coming over or not? What do you think?

You could give them the option. I would not decline.🙂

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Apparently I must have been doing it wrong.  I had a diabetic cat about 20 years ago and would have to give him twice daily shots.  It was a production every single day.

I am sorry.  Maybe the needles were bigger then.  So far I have had a diabetic dog and two diabetic cats.  I have had a lot of practice giving insulin injections.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Not sure we would come, better maybe not to chance it just yet. But that's just us. Could they come maybe later, maybe 5 to 10 days later?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’ve fallen behind again, story of my life LOL.  I’ve just been busy getting things done for youngest DD’s 30th birthday celebration.  We’re going out to a nice dinner Friday night along with middle DD, , Andy had an appointment with Ortho doctor yesterday as he’s had hip & knee pain for quite a while that’s been getting worse lately.  X-rays showed he has some arthritis in his right knee but “severe” arthritis in his right hip.  He will need hip replacement but for now they’re going to try anti-inflammatory meds and PT.  They also think the way he limps because of the hip is what’s contributing to the knee pain since the arthritis in his knee isn’t that bad.  So we’ll see how he is after this course of treatment, he goes back in January for a follow up.  

I wish Andy well!  It's a bummer to have either bad knees or a bad hip, but to have both!!😢  I sure hope the anit-inflammatory meds work to give him the relief he needs.  Poor Andy!  How's his wrist and hand doing?

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes they know. They have all had Covid and are boosted. They don't seem to be too worried about it but are letting us make the final call.

It seems that they're all onboard for your get-together.  Hopefully, you and Linda will both feel up for it and not feel fatigued.  Here's to a good time!!!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Thank you, he was discharged yesterday evening. We were at hospital during the day and he seemed his normal happy lively self.  Enjoying his new skill of walking and playing in the playroom. They have a nebuliser if necessary but hopefully won't need it. 

We had him all day today and tomorrow as not recovered enough for nursery yet. So busy days. Unfortunately it's been raining all day but hopefully tomorrow we can spend some time in the park and feed the ducks 

Great to hear your little grandson was discharged and is his normal happy lively little self.  Best news, Sue!!  How is your other little guy feeling?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Not sure we would come, better maybe not to chance it just yet. But that's just us. Could they come maybe later, maybe 5 to 10 days later?

Problem is our calendar is getting pretty full from here on to Christmas. Might have to rechedule after the first of the year.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You could give them the option. I would not decline.🙂

8 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'd be there with bells on... 🙂

Come on over! The menu I will be preparing is

Greek Orzo Salad

Filet Mignon (Prime)

Twice Baked Potatoes

Black Truffle Seafood Risotto 

Death by Chocolate desert with Chocolate Martinis

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Greek Orzo Salad

Filet Mignon (Prime)

Twice Baked Potatoes

Ever consider a chef position on Below Deck?

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

Andrew's temp stayed just below fever level yesterday, and was back down to normal today, so he was thankfully able to return to school. He wore a mask since he is still coughing quite a bit ("just a virus", not Covid or flu). I hope that will improve by next Thursday's sailing, but he shouldn't be contagious by then. Brian and I are OK so far. Still holding my breath a little.

It's a bad time for him to miss school since a lot of important things are due this week before school is out all next week. Thankfully, his teachers are working with him and he is handling all of that by himself like a little grownup. Middle school unlocked a new maturity in him overnight, and I'm still a little in awe of how quickly he shifted from being a little kid in elementary to this big kid handling all of his own business now that he's in 6th grade. 

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 17

45 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Greek Orzo Salad

Filet Mignon (Prime)

Twice Baked Potatoes

We would come for sure!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Thank you, he was discharged yesterday evening. We were at hospital during the day and he seemed his normal happy lively self.  Enjoying his new skill of walking and playing in the playroom. They have a nebuliser if necessary but hopefully won't need it. 

We had him all day today and tomorrow as not recovered enough for nursery yet. So busy days. Unfortunately it's been raining all day but hopefully tomorrow we can spend some time in the park and feed the ducks 

Wonderful news!  I hope weather permits for you to enjoy the park and ducks with him tomorrow🥰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1