Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Great to hear your little grandson was discharged and is his normal happy lively little self.  Best news, Sue!!  How is your other little guy feeling?

+ 1, @sgmn Sue & Gary

13 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@helen haywoodBest of luck with your Closing.  Congratulations on your new home!!  🌴🌴

+ 1 

12 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I'd come!

@Sea Dog Greg, same here 😉 

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Maryann, my heart smiled reading how well Ryan is doing!

+ 1, Maryann @Luckynana

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Ryan has been doing so well since he got his pump.  It's like he's a different kid since getting it...big smile on his face...he's begun eating with us again, since he doesn't have to first figure out what he's going to be eating, figure out the math between the carbs and insulin, and not having to get his shot 15 minutes before he eats each meal.  Of course, he still has to do the carb and insulin stuff, but it's a whole new world...in the best way!!  

I seem to remember telling you that this was going to be ok.😉🙂

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Karen,

So sorry about beautiful Cinnamon. May he RIP with Kubota and his other pals. Was he sick?

He had diabetes and an autoimmune disease for several years.  The meds for the autoimmune counter acted the insulin so it was a balance between the two.  It finally just got too much for him.  We had been expecting the end to come for awhile now.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

@bobmaclibertyI would have been really frustrated not being able to go past that "Employees Only" sign.🤨

There is another way to get to the top...join the Coast Guard Auxiliary.  The city owns the lighthouse but the Coast Guard Aux. maintains it.  They have other duties, mostly recreational boater safety around here.

• Haha 1

When I read on here yesterday, that Buffalo was supposed to get a couple feet of snow, I decided it was time to service my snow blower to be ready for winter.  So that was one of my tasks yesterday.  Now it is ready, but I hope I don’t have to use it this winter.

I did see, on the news this morning, that Buffalo is now expecting 3 to 6 feet of lake effect snow.  Erie, PA, where we are likely headed this weekend, is only supposed to get a foot of snow.  

Can’t believe it went from 70’s last week to this. 🥶

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

When I read on here yesterday, that Buffalo was supposed to get a couple feet of snow, I decided it was time to service my snow blower to be ready for winter.  So that was one of my tasks yesterday.  Now it is ready, but I hope I don’t have to use it this winter.

I did see, on the news this morning, that Buffalo is now expecting 3 to 6 feet of lake effect snow.  Erie, PA, where we are likely headed this weekend, is only supposed to get a foot of snow.  

Can’t believe it went from 70’s last week to this. 🥶

Read that Sunday’s Bills game could be canceled 😢😢😢, we have friends and relatives in the area a couple have season tickets, the one couple will spend the New Year’s Eve in Dallas with us, she was my wife’s maid of honor some thirty years ago. I love visiting that area in the SUMMER.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, you certainly did...and I thank you for your encouraging words, OB!!  We're just so happy that that day arrived which has given him his freedom back.  Amazing!

• Like 12

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wonderful news!  I hope weather permits for you to enjoy the park and ducks with him tomorrow🥰

13 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

So happy to hear this!

12 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Maryann, my heart smiled reading how well Ryan is doing!

So sorry to read this about your beautiful Cinnamon.

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

+ 1, @sgmn Sue & Gary

+ 1 

@Sea Dog Greg, same here 😉 

+ 1, Maryann @Luckynana

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thank you all for your caring and good wishes for Ryan.  I'm so lucky to be a part of this wonderful family!  Love you guys ❤️

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

FB memories reminded me today that our dearly departed Cosmo used to sit up like a person. His eyes were different colors, and he was so fluffy and soft. He was also a terrible chewer. He chewed up many of our appliance/lamp cords, ruined several computer mice (until we got a wireless mouse), and chewed about 1/3 of the way through one of the wooden slats under our bed. I became good at splicing cords back together and patching them with electrical tape during that time. Until we had him, I thought only dogs chewed like that!

Cosmo sitting1.jpg

Cosmo sitting2.jpg

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Our Kitchen update: Had the brick guys here the last 2 days. Decided it would be much better to have that brick put on the walls above cabinets first before installing cabinets in fear of damaging them

Turned out really nice. Fire place was completed too. Just have to install our mantle.

20221108_125043.jpg

20221117_103303.jpg

20210330_093256.jpg

20221117_103237.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 16

8 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

FB memories reminded me today that our dearly departed Cosmo used to sit up like a person. His eyes were different colors, and he was so fluffy and soft. He was also a terrible chewer. He chewed up many of our appliance/lamp cords, ruined several computer mice (until we got a wireless mouse), and chewed about 1/3 of the way through one of the wooden slats under our bed. I became good at splicing cords back together and patching them with electrical tape during that time. Until we had him, I thought only dogs chewed like that!

Cosmo sitting1.jpg

Cosmo sitting2.jpg

He was a beautiful cat and sounds like he liked to keep you on your toes.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, George C said:

Read that Sunday’s Bills game could be canceled 😢😢😢, we have friends and relatives in the area a couple have season tickets, the one couple will spend the New Year’s Eve in Dallas with us, she was my wife’s maid of honor some thirty years ago. I love visiting that area in the SUMMER.

I agree that summer is better.  It is times like this when my son is glad he moved from Buffalo to California. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

The family is going to this tonight.  They are holding a Candlelight Vigil.  It is exactly six months today they lost their dad, so maybe this will help🤞8D5D2D4B-7482-487B-8353-5AA32ECA5B1C.thumb.jpeg.6af640dda7424360c083820674b536eb.jpeg 

That is good.  The first holidays are hard, so it is nice they have something like this. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1