Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

59 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

tried to check prices at lunch time and again just now and still unable to do anything on their website.   I'll check later tonight or tomorrow.    That would be great if I can get the Surf & Stream for $13.99

I just tried again and still locked out.  If this is the cruise that the kids are joining you check the price for 4 devices.   Each cruise Sharon gets it under her name and our cruise friends and I use the other 3 devices.  We have been getting 4 devices for somewhere around $10 to $11 each.  It will not let me in to see the price we got for January. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Chris said the test kits they are using at home expired the end of October but the FDA had extended the expirations dates by 3 months.    So it is possible they have faulty test kits.    She doesn't feel well enough to get dressed and go to the drive thru pharmacy for a PCR test.    

Flu is ramping up around here, too, as well as other viruses. All of the illnesses we missed out on during Covid are coming back now that things are mostly back to normal.

At any rate, hope she recovers quickly!! What a shame that she is ill at this important time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Flu is ramping up around here, too, as well as other viruses. All of the illnesses we missed out on during Covid are coming back now that things are mostly back to normal.

At any rate, hope she recovers quickly!! What a shame that she is ill at this important time.

RSV is making the rounds in double time right now, too. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I just tried again and still locked out.  If this is the cruise that the kids are joining you check the price for 4 devices.   Each cruise Sharon gets it under her name and our cruise friends and I use the other 3 devices.  We have been getting 4 devices for somewhere around $10 to $11 each.  It will not let me in to see the price we got for January. 

It was $13.99 for one and add another for $11.99 with today's sale.

• Like 3

On 11/16/2022 at 3:49 PM, bobmacliberty said:

This one's for you @Ocean Boy.  We toured the Amelia Island Lighthouse today.  It's only open for tours and the first and third Wed of every month.  Unfortunately, you can't climb to the top.  I didn't know much about lighthouses but that started with a small presentation covering lighthouses in general, how to tell as a boater what lighthouse you're looking at visually during the day and with timed flashes during the night (e.g. the Amelia Island lighthouse is conical and all white with a black top and flashes once every 10 seconds), and the history of the Amelia Island Lighthouse (which was originally on Cumberland Island).  Although the Amelia Island Lighthouse is only 67 feet tall, it sits on the highest point on the island so that the light is 107 feet above sea level.  

APC_3654.thumb.JPG.77433ebd994d6b33ba5f1880efc9691d.JPG

APC_3655.thumb.JPG.2c4099b96a516617e3b0cc3beb2149dd.JPG

Granite steps

APC_3652.thumb.JPG.44bb51827f93f1ef31e7bfda18c13dab.JPG

APC_3653.thumb.JPG.c491f4fdc99ca96488edca41eedb7e1c.JPG

Historical Plaque

APC_3651.thumb.JPG.47be4099bb78d0129b5a1ffb9fdad3ef.JPG

Brochure, for those who want to learn more

IMG_9976.thumb.JPG.16f9f1d89bab33635631a2fd9926241d.JPG

IMG_9975.thumb.JPG.e4d725f65c988e451dbb7515811091f3.JPG

Bob, if you get to St Augustine, check out the lighthouse and the keeper’s house, which is haunted. No guarantee you’ll see the haunt, but you can climb to the top of the lighthouse. 

• Like 3

On 11/16/2022 at 6:41 PM, Keksie said:

It has been an awful no-good day! Cinnamon was Kubota's brother and now they can be together over the Rainbow Bridge.

1530096441_Cinnamon1.thumb.jpeg.e8a40b190be50b9ccbdc8b43b9d8b0c5.jpeg

So very sorry. losing both of them has to be so hard. 
I’m way behind and trying to catch up, but I know you’ll still be grieving when you see this  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

So very sorry. losing both of them has to be so hard. 
I’m way behind and trying to catch up, but I know you’ll still be grieving when you see this  

That is the downside to having aging pets.  When we moved to Florida our 7 cats ranged from 18ish to 9ish.  We have 2 of the original group.  Elmer is probably around 10 and Storm is probably around 9.  Then we have Samantha who is just over a year old and Annabel who is 8 months old.  Elmer and Storm both have health issues.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

The poor kid!  Could it be the Flu?  (I got my Flu shot yesterday)

Could be the flu.    I don't want to Mother too much and they both have good common sense to know to stay home, drink plenty of fluids, etc. etc.

I need to get my flu shot.    Maybe Sunday afternoon.    How did you feel today?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I do plan on checking prices for the March cruise with the kids as well as prices for our Dec 4th sailing and 1 other we have booked for next year.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Could be the flu.    I don't want to Mother too much and they both have good common sense to know to stay home, drink plenty of fluids, etc. etc.

I need to get my flu shot.    Maybe Sunday afternoon.    How did you feel today?

I feel fine!  My arm is a little sore, but it didn't prevent me from sleeping last night, and I'm a side sleeper.  I actually had a lot of energy this morning;  I thought I was finally going to finish our travel insurance papers and get them sent out....almost there!...but then I started vacuuming and did some laundry, and then....papers will have to wait.  I sure ran out of steam🤷‍♀️

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

@firefly333I wish you the best of luck with your Mom.  It's a shame she can't stay longer.  Is she able to walk around on her own?  Is there anyone who can stay with her when you go on your cruise?🤔

She can stay with my bil. She mentioned the doctor said there is a covid case on the ward. He goes there last but still he doesnt want anyone there 1 day longer that might get exposed. They kept her in isolation even today the sign was up. Her white blood cells or something are low and her bp went to 175 this morning.

I'm exhausted.  I packed up all her stuff and ran around doing for her. My back is killing me. Everything she wanted seemed to be on the floor. My bil made her a nice way to shower sitting down and worked for hours on it to make it just right. Hes in his 80s so I shouldn't complain. I went with him to lowes and picked up stuff and furnace filters. I have her credit card. 

She is walking some but with a walker. She wasnt on a walker when she went in. They will send some help and therapists to the house. I told her i was done for the day. Kaput! I fixed dinner for the 4 of us and washed up and came home. They ordered her a zillion new meds and said see her gp next week. I picked up 2 meds. The rest not ready. 

I think she will be ok with help, me and jimmy coming over when she needs to eat or shower. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I feel fine!  My arm is a little sore, but it didn't prevent me from sleeping last night, and I'm a side sleeper.  I actually had a lot of energy this morning;  I thought I was finally going to finish our travel insurance papers and get them sent out....almost there!...but then I started vacuuming and did some laundry, and then....papers will have to wait.  I sure ran out of steam🤷‍♀️

That's good to hear that overall you felt good.     I always get a little soreness in my arm from the flu shot.    There was only one year where I felt like crap after getting it.    

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Hey @Ozark_Kid -- if it's just the two of you for Allure in January, do you want to go in for a 3-device plan the week that we're all on together?  

3 minutes ago, George C said:

That’s the home of the Buffalo Bills, my wife grew up in that area she said almost everyone there own snowmobiles so they wouldn’t be stranded . 

No, home of the Buffalo Bills has now been relocated to Detroit,  Michigan where their next 2 games will be played.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I do plan on checking prices for the March cruise with the kids as well as prices for our Dec 4th sailing and 1 other we have booked for next year.

Cruise Planner Update:

I was just able to log into cruise planner and print out the order history and check prices. Soda pkg for two of my cruises was $7.99 (so far). Bev Pkg was $65. No discount on excursions I was interested in, except for Coco Beach Club Pass . I understand CP prices are different for different sailings.

Of course this was short lived and the cruise planner went sailing again within minutes!🤔 I will not complain because I was able to book what I wanted for the lower price, but I will join in saying that their IT really sucks! I am having the same problem with Celebrity's cruise planner, not that anything is at a lower sale price there in the cp and our cruise prices have jumped.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Orchard Park, NY near Buffalo.     66 inches of snow.

OMG!  And still snowing.

I read online that Hamburg NY had 21.5 inches of snow in 6 hrs. 

I feel bad for people who have lost power and may not have generators or fireplaces and unable to go anywhere that does.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Cruise Planner Update:

I was just able to log into cruise planner and print out the order history and check prices. Soda pkg for two of my cruises was $7.99 (so far). Bev Pkg was $65. No discount on excursions I was interested in, except for Coco Beach Club Pass . I understand CP prices are different for different sailings.

Of course this was short lived and the cruise planner went sailing again within minutes!🤔 I will not complain because I was able to book what I wanted for the lower price, but I will join in saying that their IT really sucks! I am having the same problem with Celebrity's cruise planner, not that anything is at a lower sale price there in the cp and our cruise prices have jumped.

That's great you were to get in and booked a couple sale prices.

I wasn't planning on looking until next week.  I'm surprised they started some sales this early.

I'm hoping to grab your internet price for at least our 12.04 sailing.

Also, want to see a sale for Blue Lagoon for our March cruise with the kids.  They want to check it out.   App not showing sale there yet.

Chris wants the soda pkg. He doesn't drink alcohol.    Last year was $5.99 on actual Black Friday.

2 months ago I bought CoCo beach club pass for $78 for our Serenade sailing next year.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Hey @Ozark_Kid -- if it's just the two of you for Allure in January, do you want to go in for a 3-device plan the week that we're all on together?  

I would but we are cruising again with our usual cruise couple.   I believe Sharon already bought the 4 device package for this cruise. Thanks for the offer.

• Like 2