Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

35 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Exactly.  I am still and forevermore will be pure NY.  I'm only in TX 19-1/2  years. 🤔

You can take the girl out of New York but you can't take the New York out of the girl. 🙂

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Do your exercises and be vigilant about where you put your feet. You do not want to fall and make that hip worse. 
And make sure your calcium levels are good. 
I found hip replacement to have the easiest recovery of any of my surgeries. 

Thank you for your advice Mimi.

Graham.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Having never seen Monty Python, you've whet my curiosity;  will have to find one of their movies 😉.

After having done my cleaning for the day, sitting here listening to a Beatles Album while perusing our Dani thread.  Have a great day, everyone!

• Like 3

Hooray! I finally caught up again. 
About y’all. It is proof that we southerners are very efficient. 
Y’all is a contraction of you all, which is a more efficient way of saying all of you. 
So y’all is faster to say, but gets the job done. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It has been raining heavily here for hours and is 46°F.

It would have been my late mam's 93rd birthday today.

I hope everyone is well and looking forward to a great weekend.

Happy Heavenly Birthday to your Mam.❤️

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

How could you reach your age and not have seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail?😂

I've never seen it either.  Wait .how did you know how old I am?  Lol!!!😳

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Same here.

Here also!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I found this one laying in one of my raised beds.  A couple of days earlier it was around Sharon's flowers and got a good reaction when she walked up on it.

image.thumb.png.23e03f6f6651c4d200ed8c19eaad48b9.png

image.thumb.png.a1eee8f01f8e2dd5040ce8c89530e419.png

And the flowers Sharon was checking when she saw the snake.

image.thumb.png.f3ff85101cb807dd386e1b7348d725f7.png

These are ones we have in our yard.  Usually see them about this time but haven't yet.  Will see if I still have a picture from a few years ago.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Is that one a black rat snake or a racer?

I think black rat, that's what we usually get here.

Found it, not quite as close as I remember, stayed there for quite a bit 

FB_IMG_1682183385138.jpg.266471724543df506e33a0b710929b9a.jpg

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Is that one a black rat snake or a racer?

Those are both good guesses.  I wasn't able to grab hold of it to get a closer look.  Both snakes like woods which are behind the garden.  Both are good guards for the garden.  Another popular black snake around hear is a cottonmouth .  They like wet.  We have a pond on both back corners of or house and an overflow that runs directly behind the house between the ponds. I have seen them in the ponds before but this snake was not aggressive like a cottonmouth.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Cool & drizzly Saturday in Sydney.  Went to the charity store (very busy on a wet weekend) and added to my tbr pile. I haven’t read JP Pomare before but I’ve seen good reviews.8B5B1D46-FE3D-429F-86DB-9C33BFA8F5E9.thumb.jpeg.05f1c6d8c53f59d578c375066a550a1a.jpeg

Tonight, I am off to the theatre with family & friends.  DH is respecting his friend’s paranoia and not coming (although he is symptom free and according to the official Covid guidelines is permitted out and about).

Binge watched HALF of The Diplomat with Keri Russell last night (no spoilers please).  Having watched & enjoyed The Americans, I am enjoying this new Netflix series.  Keri Russell’s character very reluctantly posted to London as the American Ambassador with Rufus Sewell as her ex-diplomat husband, joining her and causing a stir.

I just finished watching season 2 of The Marked Heart and will begin watching The Diplomat later.

• Like 1

@BonTexasNY As others have posted- The NY girl never leaves NY in her heart!

As for me,I say “You can take the girl out of Queens, but you can’t take the Queens out of the girl!

We have lived in the East end of Long Island for 40 years. I lived in a borough of NYC for thirty years, still call Queens home !

Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) has directed and is starring in a movie-It Happened in Queens. It is in movie houses now. Hoping it will be on Prime or On Demand for our cable company. I really want to see it!

Scenes were filmed in my Alma mater-Christ the King HS in Middle Village ,NY.

I have seen the trailers and recognize the front lobby of the school and the gym where I spent many hours cheering on our basketball team. , the Royals- as a member of the Pep Squad- backup to the cheerleading squad to get the crowd into cheering for the game.

Good times and good memories!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Edited by MJSailors
  • Like 8

Have to say-I was a bit unnerved to see the photos of snakes posted here.

I am deathly afraid of them, even photos give me a negative reaction.

It doesn’t matter if they are harmful or not, I just do not like them!

I know they have a place in nature, taking care of pests in the garden etc, but they give me the creeps!

Just sayin’.

Not sure if other posters feel this way. 
I am thinking that maybe posting a disclosure before posting a photo could be helpful for those with such a phobia.🙄

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, George C said:

Mel Brooks is a genius, his Young Frankenstein movie and play we’re totally great.

So many of those movies they wouldn’t be able to make today. Surely someone would be offended

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

MJ I’m with ya.  The neighbor dug up the property line to put drainage tiles in last year.  I had 2 in my house with in a week.  Little ones but still.  I wanted to move.  We have a 8 lb. multipoo who thinks she’s a snake hunter.  So far she’s only brought dead ones in to me.  There’s been at least 3 of those.  She found a live one in the house and barked until we saw it and got it out.  Guess she’s good for something besides being cute. 

We think they’re harmless but the neighbor did have a water moccasin in his garage.  There’s a pond beside his house.  

I pretty much freak. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

@BonTexasNY As others have posted- The NY girl never leaves NY in her heart!

As for me,I say “You can take the girl out of Queens, but you can’t take the Queens out of the girl!

We have lived in the East end of Long Island for 40 years. I lived in a borough of NYC for thirty years, still call Queens home !

Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) has directed and is starring in a movie-It Happened in Queens. It is in movie houses now. Hoping it will be on Prime or On Demand for our cable company. I really want to see it!

Scenes were filmed in my Alma mater-Christ the King HS in Middle Village ,NY.

I have seen the trailers and recognize the front lobby of the school and the gym where I spent many hours cheering on our basketball team. , the Royals- as a member of the Pep Squad- backup to the cheerleading squad to get the crowd into cheering for the game.

Good times and good memories!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

MJ:Are you familiar with the online Message Board :Queens Board ? It is for former Queens Residents .They have a section with books about Queens,Pictures of Schools,a board where you can look for “lost” friends and other interesting things.

One of my cousins who grew up in Forest Hills posted on there many years.

• Thanks 1

I am right with those of you are not fans of snakes.  We saw them very infrequently back in NJ, more often found the skin, even though we were in the woods with over 2 acres and down the street from a state park.  Since we moved to SC have seen many, all but 1 the black "harmless" ones.  My 2 distressing encounters were when I opened the front door to see one coiled up napping on the doormat, fortunately saw it and quickly closed the door, look each time I open that now.  Second was soon after we bought the house I was cleaning the sliding door to the back yard, saw what looked like a shoelace in-between the door part of which was inside.  When I sprayed with window cleaner it moved, this time I opened the slider a little bit and fortunately the little baby went out not in.  Haven't had any in the house but see way too many outside.  My previous picture was zoomed in and that was too close for me.

• Like 5