Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

MJ I’m with ya.  The neighbor dug up the property line to put drainage tiles in last year.  I had 2 in my house with in a week.  Little ones but still.  I wanted to move.  We have a 8 lb. multipoo who thinks she’s a snake hunter.  So far she’s only brought dead ones in to me.  There’s been at least 3 of those.  She found a live one in the house and barked until we saw it and got it out.  Guess she’s good for something besides being cute. 

We think they’re harmless but the neighbor did have a water moccasin in his garage.  There’s a pond beside his house.  

I pretty much freak. 

We have a lot of woods around us and critters appear now and then. 
Snakes, lizards, and frogs don’t bother me. 
Rats or roaches and I’m out of here. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Exactly.  I am still and forevermore will be pure NY.  I'm only in TX 19-1/2  years. 🤔

It's funny about accents and speech mannerisms...  I still often get people telling me they can hear my "Canadian" accent.  What is funny when I have gone back to Canada and met new people for the first time who don't know background I am often asked what part of the US I am from LOL.  I'm a man without a country.

• Like 6
  • Haha 12

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

So many of those movies they wouldn’t be able to make today. Surely someone would be offended

I was just about to write the d

Same thing. Glad I read ahead.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

This is the respect I get when trying to explain that I'd like to get up and get a glass of wine....

20230422_145337.thumb.jpg.7f987e7324fe4437f9bd97f59fd2e1d0.jpg

20230422_145255.thumb.jpg.8c4c360cd99a569762c55356349e3a40.jpg

You should have offered to bring cat nip back with you. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

You can take the girl out of New York but you can't take the New York out of the girl. 🙂

Absolutely!!

3 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Have to say-I was a bit unnerved to see the photos of snakes posted here.

I am deathly afraid of them, even photos give me a negative reaction.

It doesn’t matter if they are harmful or not, I just do not like them!

I know they have a place in nature, taking care of pests in the garden etc, but they give me the creeps!

Just sayin’.

Not sure if other posters feel this way. 
I am thinking that maybe posting a disclosure before posting a photo could be helpful for those with such a phobia.🙄

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

I totally, 100% agree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@BonTexasNY As others have posted- The NY girl never leaves NY in her heart!

As for me,I say “You can take the girl out of Queens, but you can’t take the Queens out of the girl!

We have lived in the East end of Long Island for 40 years. I lived in a borough of NYC for thirty years, still call Queens home !

Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) has directed and is starring in a movie-It Happened in Queens. It is in movie houses now. Hoping it will be on Prime or On Demand for our cable company. I really want to see it!

Scenes were filmed in my Alma mater-Christ the King HS in Middle Village ,NY.

I have seen the trailers and recognize the front lobby of the school and the gym where I spent many hours cheering on our basketball team. , the Royals- as a member of the Pep Squad- backup to the cheerleading squad to get the crowd into cheering for the game.

Good times and good memories!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

I grew up in Ridgewood very near Middle Village pretty sure brother in law and some friends went to Christ the king HS , definitely want to see Ray Romano new movie. Can’t wait for our New York City visit during memorial weekend. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

I am right with those of you are not fans of snakes.  We saw them very infrequently back in NJ, more often found the skin, even though we were in the woods with over 2 acres and down the street from a state park.  Since we moved to SC have seen many, all but 1 the black "harmless" ones.  My 2 distressing encounters were when I opened the front door to see one coiled up napping on the doormat, fortunately saw it and quickly closed the door, look each time I open that now.  Second was soon after we bought the house I was cleaning the sliding door to the back yard, saw what looked like a shoelace in-between the door part of which was inside.  When I sprayed with window cleaner it moved, this time I opened the slider a little bit and fortunately the little baby went out not in.  Haven't had any in the house but see way too many outside.  My previous picture was zoomed in and that was too close for me.

That’s one of the few things I don’t like about where we live.  We have Pygmy rattlesnakes.  They are small (relatively) and not poisonous to humans but can impact a dog.  I have seen several on our front porch.  One was curled up and my first thought was it was a Little Debbie cinnamon roll.  Then I realized what it was and screeched for Dave to get rid of it.  He scoops them up on a shovel and tosses them into the lake.  I don’t know if they can swim and I honestly don’t care.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Just finished my fruit tray contribution for granddaughter’s Barbie theme birthday party later today. 

IMG_7084.thumb.jpeg.9c221c7ce756e2a5f47312ca5cbe6d57.jpeg

It is one of those things where Susan tells me what she wants, and leaves it to me to do it. 

Well done, Mark!  Your granddaughter (and her friends) are going to love it!!  

• Like 6

@BonTexasNY As others have posted- The NY girl never leaves NY in her heart!

As for me,I say “You can take the girl out of Queens, but you can’t take the Queens out of the girl!

We have lived in the East end of Long Island for 40 years. I lived in a borough of NYC for thirty years, still call Queens home !

Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) has directed and is starring in a movie-It Happened in Queens. It is in movie houses now. Hoping it will be on Prime or On Demand for our cable company. I really want to see it!

Scenes were filmed in my Alma mater-Christ the King HS in Middle Village ,NY.

I have seen the trailers and recognize the front lobby of the school and the gym where I spent many hours cheering on our basketball team. , the Royals- as a member of the Pep Squad- backup to the cheerleading squad to get the crowd into cheering for the game.

Good times and good memories!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Our daughter Melanie played Varsity Basketball and played a game against Christ the King back in the 80's in your gym.  Melanie had possession of the ball, and a girl from CK in trying to get it, wound up on Melanie's back;  our Staten Island newspaper photographer got a great picture of the two of them!!  

One of the teachers I worked with in SI was a graduate of Christ the King, as was our good friend Adam.  Adam is younger than me by about 10 years, but he comes from a large family, and he was the baby...I wonder if you would possibly know any of them.. some of his siblings were Mary, Abby, Mike, Terry, and at least one other sister (I'm having trouble remembering her name).  I mean, because, it truly is a small world after all!!😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ATG said:

That’s one of the few things I don’t like about where we live.  We have Pygmy rattlesnakes.  They are small (relatively) and not poisonous to humans but can impact a dog.  I have seen several on our front porch.  One was curled up and my first thought was it was a Little Debbie cinnamon roll.  Then I realized what it was and screeched for Dave to get rid of it.  He scoops them up on a shovel and tosses them into the lake.  I don’t know if they can swim and I honestly don’t care.

We do have copperhead around the area but haven't seen one myself and definitely want to keep it that way.  So far any snakes I've seen have slithered away.  We do have a Snake Chaser nearby that does keep very busy.  Of course he, and his team, deal with other animals than just snakes, see their trucks around quite often.

The Barbie party was a hit.  Their neighbor made a nice Barbie cake for the party. 

IMG_7086.thumb.jpeg.784f111cac7f5e04041dbd9fc203c489.jpeg

I have made a couple of these, but without the sheet cake bottom.  This was my first attempt, several years ago. 

IMG_7106.thumb.jpeg.c31bd4c90099790976d377eeddcf6818.jpeg

My next attempt was a little better with the icing. 

IMG_7108.thumb.jpeg.fde0641b828e6b40eab0d336d048daaa.jpeg

I liked our granddaughter’s Barbie jacket. 

IMG_7088.thumb.jpeg.34a7747ad80ba6b61fd7bca12dde5b77.jpeg

She was one of the first ones on the rink, although there were plenty of other things to do. 

IMG_7089.thumb.jpeg.12b9913437a4de6325ba17acc16a0edd.jpeg

• Like 31

6 hours ago, George C said:

Mel Brooks is a genius, his Young Frankenstein movie and play we’re totally great.

My first R-rated movie that my mother took my older sister and I to see in high school, was Blazing Saddles. I couldn't breathe for laughing! Almost as shocking as finding out my mother had a sense of humor!

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, CruiszBug said:

My first R-rated movie that my mother took my older sister and I to see in high school, was Blazing Saddles. I couldn't breathe for laughing! Almost as shocking as finding out my mother had a sense of humor!

Omigosh, I remember my mom dropping my brother and me off at the theater to see The Jerk with Steve Martin.  She didn't want to see the movie, so she just bought us the tickets and picked us up after.  I would have been about 10 and my brother 15.... the ticket agent told my mom it was rated R and we were supposed to have an adult with us, but my mom just said something about how she was giving us permission and they let us in. 

I'm sure my mom had NO CLUE about the raunchiness of the movie, or she NEVER would have let us see it.  In my family, saying "butt" would get your mouth washed out with soap -- you had to call it "bottom" instead.... I'm sure the only reason she agreed to take us to the movie was to get us out of her hair for a couple hours!

"It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. "  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

9 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Hooray! I finally caught up again. 
About y’all. It is proof that we southerners are very efficient. 
Y’all is a contraction of you all, which is a more efficient way of saying all of you. 
So y’all is faster to say, but gets the job done. 

And let's not forget the redundant emphasis of "all y'all" !!!  LOL

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

We went on the Diamond Head Trail hike yesterday.  

4BBC1E79-3D71-4E53-B32B-1BAEFE522BE3.thumb.jpeg.51029e13da9d59306a94c308fbfa953b.jpeg

This is the inside of the crater.  Going to hike to the observation station at the summit.

2EE23933-1018-4585-9CE7-451D615BE43B.thumb.jpeg.bba35c61a491b6006d590ce3c0249a23.jpeg

You can see people on the trail29154820-D127-4339-A183-7F10DAB1F505.thumb.jpeg.e5d151be2b9478335281cdf671fc28ba.jpeg

We made it to the top!

65F97014-5334-47E1-9B0B-04EE1410ADF2.thumb.jpeg.30dfe918ace355745119243319bc9c0a.jpeg

A60FD705-4372-4758-8A78-4C80E6EB925E.thumb.jpeg.d34e8105d483e8de125c5754fb0a9f2c.jpeg

We climbed all the way to the top to get this for @Ocean Boy

117C7545-F125-4A21-B14A-A4E4D1D6A71B.thumb.jpeg.5aa64d4887ae1025f3ed9fdb1e36a38d.jpeg

Beautiful!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

So many of those movies they wouldn’t be able to make today. Surely someone would be offended

So many tv shows in the past will never be appreciated by "kids these days" in the name of political correctness -- All in the Family, The Jeffersons, Sanford & Son, Hogan's Heroes...

• Like 15

R rated movies.......................

Well, in my first life..............pre husband.

It was a blind date and I was fixed up through a fellow nurse as her husbands best friend.

I figured what the heck, I would give it a try.

When you live in hick town USA and there are few options as to what one can do on a first date in the summer as the choices were limited to, but not inclusive of:

Movie

Putt Putt

Drive in

Dinner

Movie

Walk in the Park

Movie

Church festival

Movie

So one of my early dating candidates decided a movie was the safest option.

So he picks me up in his Monte Carlo and off we went to the other side of town Austintown.

He gets the tickets and we go in and chit chat till the movie starts.

So after the opening previews the movie starts.

And tha'ts where this date ends for me.

In order to keep this mild, all I will say is opening scene was an explicit adult activity, with nothing and I mean nothing held back.

So, I promptly look at my date as he is intently watching the movie, and I go.

"We have two choices here, either you take me home, or I will call my dad and he will come get me".

He got really defensive, and I got really concerned.

He took me home, and called for weeks upon weeks wanting to make it up to me.............as I kept saying leave me alone, he finally did.

After that I had input as to what was on the outing and if it was a movie I stuck to ones like           LOVE STORY.

Yup, only me.

Be safe

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

We went on the Diamond Head Trail hike yesterday.  

4BBC1E79-3D71-4E53-B32B-1BAEFE522BE3.thumb.jpeg.51029e13da9d59306a94c308fbfa953b.jpeg

This is the inside of the crater.  Going to hike to the observation station at the summit.

2EE23933-1018-4585-9CE7-451D615BE43B.thumb.jpeg.bba35c61a491b6006d590ce3c0249a23.jpeg

You can see people on the trail

We made it to the top!

We climbed all the way to the top to get this for @Ocean Boy

I have made it to the top of Diamond head, 3 times.

And every time I hate those last long staircase before the turret (sp)

Once a high school was on top selling t shirts "I hiked diamond head" it included the number of stairs and distance.  I still have it today.

Great stamina you have  for doing this hike, an awesome accomplishment. Congrats.

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 5

On 4/11/2023 at 1:09 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

I had my follow-up visit yesterday with my neurologist to review the MRIs taken last week.  I have been diagnosed with having ALS.  It's hard for me to share the news because I like to post things that brings a smile to my friends here on CC.  I know that things will be challenging but for now things are good.  Thanks for all the prayers. 

I have been off the boards for the last week due to the flooding we had down here in Fort Lauderdale so I’m behind. I’m heart broken to read about your diagnosis. You have such a lovely family and they will be there for you as you work thru this difficult time. We will also be here anytime you want to talk. Staying positive will be a great help and Never Give Up.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1