Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, George C said:

We went to a wine tasting yesterday, wine was really good , pours were not , looking forward to a wine tasting at Ruth Chris featuring Stags Leap there wine dinners are normally excellent . 

The developers of our neighborhood were wine enthusiasts.  Streets in our neighborhood are all Sonoma wines.  Stags Leap, Duckhorn, Silverado etc. 

Edited by SteelCityCruiser10
hate auto correct
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thank you again.  I’d really like to improve my very limited photography (iPhone) skills before our Italy/Med cruise trip in September. A few months ago I enrolled in an online course that was suggested by a regular poster over in the Celebrity boards who takes beautiful pictures. I do think the course helped me with framing pictures and using different settings but my photos just don’t appear as vivid and sharp as I’d like.  The good thing is I can sign in at any time to review any course modules and I’m looking forward to playing around with LightRoom. 

You are going to love Lightroom. I use it on all my pictures. A lot of people comment on how good my photos look. I wish I could say it’s me but it’s not, it’s Lightroom.

• Like 3

On 4/18/2023 at 9:04 PM, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Same here.  We booked an excursion for this summer in ketchikan to go onboard one of the ships from one of the first few seasons.  Aleutian Ballad i think it is.  sounded like fun having watched so many episodes.

When you are in Ketchikan, there is a really cool store on Creek Street called Soho Coho.  They carry artwork by an artist named Ray Troll and they sell some really eclectic tshirts.  My son is a tshirt and jeans guy, as well as a Star Wars fan and we got him a Return of the Sockeye shirt, as well as a The Empire Strikes Bass shirt.  Just really unique shirts if you have any tshirt lovers.  Here is a link to their store.

https://www.trollart.com/product-category/t-shirts/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Sorry.  In our family we can recite Monty Python in our sleep.

When I was in London in 2013 we went to a Fawlty towers Dinner show.  It was held at an hotel and you were the guests at "Faulty Towers". Basil, Sybil and Manuel served you dinner... It was one of the funniest evenings of my life.  The actors weren't the original cast but they were remarkably similar in appearance.  

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

When you are in Ketchikan, there is a really cool store on Creek Street called Soho Coho.  They carry artwork by an artist named Ray Troll and they sell some really eclectic tshirts.  My son is a tshirt and jeans guy, as well as a Star Wars fan and we got him a Return of the Sockeye shirt, as well as a The Empire Strikes Bass shirt.  Just really unique shirts if you have any tshirt lovers.  Here is a link to their store.

https://www.trollart.com/product-category/t-shirts/

Oh cool.. we will definitely check that out.  Ima T shirt and jeans guy for sure.  Thx for the suggestion! 😀

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

A preset is a predefined group of settings (exposure, contrast, color, etc.) that give a picture a certain "look".  Rather than making all of those settings adjustments manually on multiple photos, you apply the preset to multiple photos at once (kind of like a macro).  You can create presets yourself, or you can buy them from people who are professional photographers and can edit better than we can (at least in theory).

Thank you for explaining a preset.  I follow a few people who sell presets.  Always been curious what exactly they do.  They are influencers not professional photographers so I haven’t felt the need or been tempted to buy.

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had an interesting day today.I had Ambulatory surgery .We found parking right by the entrance to the facility.That was great.We went inside and everything went well.

We left only to find that a car was illegally parked and blocking our car.Toby left me in the car,went inside to speak to security.Two people came outside ,wrote down the license plate number ,went inside and made an announcement that the car had to be moved or it would be towed.The owner was in surgery.We decided to wait for her to be finished rather than the car being towed.An hour later the woman came to the car.She went inside and was on her cell phone.

Toby went to her car and asked if she would move her car .Fifteen minutes later she moved the   car and exited the parking lot in the wrong direction on a one way street.

That’s really weird.  Clearly she was a member of staff.  Why would she exit?  Why wouldn’t she just move her car to another spot in the carpark?  And unless she is a brand new staff member why wouldn’t she know how to exit the carpark?  And why didn’t another staff member move her car whilst she was in surgery?  Who sits in their car talking on their mobile phone for 15mins whilst people are waiting?  I would be standing on the drivers side knocking and gesturing for them to move asap….

And if a senior member of staff, they would have their own parking space…

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had an interesting day today.I had Ambulatory surgery .We found parking right by the entrance to the facility.That was great.We went inside and everything went well.

We left only to find that a car was illegally parked and blocking our car.Toby left me in the car,went inside to speak to security.Two people came outside ,wrote down the license plate number ,went inside and made an announcement that the car had to be moved or it would be towed.The owner was in surgery.We decided to wait for her to be finished rather than the car being towed.An hour later the woman came to the car.She went inside and was on her cell phone.

Toby went to her car and asked if she would move her car .Fifteen minutes later she moved the   car and exited the parking lot in the wrong direction on a one way street.

Some people!!!ughhhh!!

I hope all went well with your appointment😍

• Like 1

It was a beautiful day for a hike today.  Before hiking a portion of the North Country Trail, we stopped at the North Country Brew Pub for some lunch. 

The fish and chips were great

IMG_7063.thumb.jpeg.bcf3da2deaa6c5da46452300f5b6dadb.jpeg

and Susan said her burger was really good. 

IMG_7064.thumb.jpeg.c99d86cc6acc1fad0578bdce6df0080c.jpeg

The restaurant had some unique touches, like this handle in the bathrooms. 

IMG_7066.thumb.jpeg.2ff3cd826e18990bc63921a60b027157.jpeg

I may have talked before about this trail, but it is the longest in the National Trails system, and stretches 4,800 miles from North Dakota to Vermont. We have hiked most of the Pennsylvania portion, and parts of Ohio. 

Along the trails, you will find boxes with log books, so hikers can write a little about their hike and the date they were on portions of the trail. 

IMG_7067.thumb.jpeg.d69a0fbbeb14334006d65af1aa1b38a1.jpeg

The area we were on this afternoon was mostly easy walking with only a few steep inclines. 

IMG_7068.thumb.jpeg.80c3410cfae2627f8dcf31becca69e4b.jpeg

I am amazed how green it has become in the last couple weeks. 

IMG_7076.thumb.jpeg.f7ea0acdb995d42afc8dc5b8d6ee7bc3.jpeg

Signs are pretty good on this section, and you just have to follow the blue blazes to stay on the trail. 

IMG_7070.thumb.jpeg.47601ef8730db272826d9faa33087683.jpeg

Oh, and I think we have a new record holder for the vertical leap.  At least I think so, because Susan jumped about five feet when this little guy surprised her on the trail. 🤣🤣

IMG_7075.thumb.jpeg.5c9db92935c2f88a125199f8a26299eb.jpeg

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

That’s really weird.  Clearly she was a member of staff.  Why would she exit?  Why wouldn’t she just move her car to another spot in the carpark?  And unless she is a brand new staff member why wouldn’t she know how to exit the carpark?  And why didn’t another staff member move her car whilst she was in surgery?  Who sits in their car talking on their mobile phone for 15mins whilst people are waiting?  I would be standing on the drivers side knocking and gesturing for them to move asap….

And if a senior member of staff, they would have their own parking space…

She was not a staff member.She was a patient.

30 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

It was a beautiful day for a hike today.  Before hiking a portion of the North Country Trail, we stopped at the North Country Brew Pub for some lunch. 

I may have talked before about this trail, but it is the longest in the National Trails system, and stretches 4,800 miles from North Dakota to Vermont. We have hiked most of the Pennsylvania portion, and parts of Ohio. 

Along the trails, you will find boxes with log books, so hikers can write a little about their hike and the date they were on portions of the trail. 

The area we were on this afternoon was mostly easy walking with only a few steep inclines. 

Signs are pretty good on this section, and you just have to follow the blue blazes to stay on the trail. 

Oh, and I think we have a new record holder for the vertical leap.  At least I think so, because Susan jumped about five feet when this little guy surprised her on the trail. 🤣🤣

We’ve talked about visiting North Country Brewing several times just haven’t made the time yet.  Maybe this summer 🤔

• Like 1

Cruisin’ with cocktails tonight while watching this weeks episode of Below Deck Sailing.

44625549-BC53-4E40-A713-406EE033921B.thumb.jpeg.7d5ab58ba48abc2c8b57332d8339e774.jpeg

She’s a Geisha from Izumi. Boy do I love this cocktail.

A00106F5-A17D-4801-A694-735CE98B88D8.thumb.jpeg.364a83e0413ce1db70f0455a11503c2a.jpeg

Here’s the recipe from Moms at Sea website.

Ingredients: 

6 Blueberries, plus a few extra for Garnish

3/4oz Rose Syrup, I use Monin from Amazon

1/2oz Pomegranate Syrup, also Monin from Amazon

2oz Sake

Process:

Muddle together the Blueberries, Rose Syrup, and Pomegranate Syrup in cocktail shaker

Pour sake and ice into cocktail shaker and give it all a good shake, shake shake, to blend those berry flavors

Pour in rocks glass, do not strain!

Garnish the inside of the glass with some floating blueberries and enjoy!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Lovely photos.  Love that there are Trail boxes with log books in them (never heard of that before - great idea though).  Pretty snake - harmless or not?

• Like 2

On 4/19/2023 at 10:27 PM, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I have lived in both Houston and Dallas, and everyone I know says y’all.

Originally from Texas and family and I also say y’all. I guess some transplants aren’t Texan enough. 😆

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Cool & drizzly Saturday in Sydney.  Went to the charity store (very busy on a wet weekend) and added to my tbr pile. I haven’t read JP Pomare before but I’ve seen good reviews.8B5B1D46-FE3D-429F-86DB-9C33BFA8F5E9.thumb.jpeg.05f1c6d8c53f59d578c375066a550a1a.jpeg

Tonight, I am off to the theatre with family & friends.  DH is respecting his friend’s paranoia and not coming (although he is symptom free and according to the official Covid guidelines is permitted out and about).

Binge watched HALF of The Diplomat with Keri Russell last night (no spoilers please).  Having watched & enjoyed The Americans, I am enjoying this new Netflix series.  Keri Russell’s character very reluctantly posted to London as the American Ambassador with Rufus Sewell as her ex-diplomat husband, joining her and causing a stir.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Lovely photos.  Love that there are Trail boxes with log books in them (never heard of that before - great idea though).  Pretty snake - harmless or not?

Gopher snake. Harmless and very beneficial. I would love to have one for my lawn. They eat burrowing rodents. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

That is one of our eastern garter snakes.  They are harmless.

• Thanks 4