Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@FromSea2ShiningSea  Helen, as always, I love all of your pictures.  You certainly do have an eye with the camera.  Beautiful!  I'm so glad that you and Marty have finally been able to do the trip of your dreams.  There is no way that either Jim or I would do too well with sleeping on the floor.  As much as you enjoy hiking, it sure was a smart move to stop where you did, and let Marty continue on.  Thank you for sharing your trip with us.  When do you board for your cruise?

• Like 5

Thanks to Dani and others who suggested John Sandford books , just read “rules of prey” and really enjoyed it , will read another of his books right after one of David Baldacci who is my favorite author.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, George C said:

Thanks to Dani and others who suggested John Sandford books , just read “rules of prey” and really enjoyed it , will read another of his books right after one of David Baldacci who is my favorite author.

Glad you liked it. Sandford is a very good writer. I've finished all the "Prey" series, and started with his "side-kick" -- Virgin Flowers. Enjoying it very much.

OTOH, I was a fan of J.K. Rowling "alter ego" Robert Galbraith series. The last 2 ones were awful. First time I've found myself skipping pages and pages.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Cocoa beach where I WAS looking. I thought the backside of cocoa beach where you face the banana river is a nice area. This one has every amenity, rv and boat parking is a biggie. Billiards. My cousin and real estate agent both pushing me to buy a pool table, no thanks. My cousin even said I should host a party once a week and he would maybe come up to see me lol. I for sure dont want the obligation of a weekly party. And of course the pool and shuffle board and all the normal things. Mine has a library I really like. The same banana river is what I look out to, except it a much wider river by the time it goes past my new condo.

Problem is this one is only 1305 sf, bigger but not big enough and I think HOA $860, pushing that 1k mark hard. My hoa includes wifi and tv from spectrum. A lot in miami hoa include electricity is why hoa in Miami . I really looked hard for something big enough with a reasonable hoa, just never found it. I wanted to stay in cape Canaveral or cocoa beach. 

This is the banana river view and condo has TV and boat parking. I really liked this area better just not the size of the units and hoa. I'd just call it deep water side of the island like they do in texas. I'd have preferred this location. More tucked away. 

20240327_175331212.jpeg

20240327_175250782.jpeg

I would need a larger house and maybe 2 or 3 more seasons thrown in for a move like that..............

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I would need a larger house and maybe 2 or 3 more seasons thrown in for a move like that..............

I wanted a condo, because in my mind a single family house is less secure than a condo. I could be wrong. When push came to shove, sf won out. I picked a condo 2 or 3 miles further to get the sf I wanted. To me over 2000 sf is huge. It feels like a luxurious amount of space to me. HUGE. I did want to be even closer to the port but moved to less touristy, where snow birds have winter retreats to more residential. Idk. Space won out for me too. I'm not a whole family, just me and lots of junk I store lol. 

There are some lovely homes there that are single family. I wanted a condo, and not a townhouse with stairs either. Limited my choices. I still love to look. Everything is a compromise. People are saying so big for just you, get something smaller, less utilities. Idk if too big. Its bigger than where I live now. Looking forward to all that space. Feels like a luxury. I'm glad uber exists. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, George C said:

Idk he was still alive. I've read a lot of his books and liked him. I'm a avid reader. I always bring paperbacks with me on cruises.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I wanted a condo, because in my mind a single family house is less secure than a condo. I could be wrong. When push came to shove, sf won out. I picked a condo 2 or 3 miles further to get the sf I wanted. To me over 2000 sf is huge. It feels like a luxurious amount of space to me. HUGE. I did want to be even closer to the port but moved to less touristy, where snow birds have winter retreats to more residential. Idk. Space won out for me too. I'm not a whole family, just me and lots of junk I store lol. 

There are some lovely homes there that are single family. I wanted a condo, and not a townhouse with stairs either. Limited my choices. I still love to look. Everything is a compromise. People are saying so big for just you, get something smaller, less utilities. Idk if too big. Its bigger than where I live now. Looking forward to all that space. Feels like a luxury. I'm glad uber exists. 

I think 1200 sq Ft for a single person is fine , totally agree with you on stairs , we moved about a dozen years ago mostly because we wanted a single story . We need extra space for the kittens we are going to buy , I am happy in Dallas area . I buy my paperbacks either in Sams or half price books. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Jimbo said:

don't get it, why the one voted off didn't use the immunity they found? I haven't watch Survivor in awhile. I forget how and when do you use i

I like Amazing Race better anyway, the places and scenery  they go to is amazing!

She thought she was secure.I also like Amazing Race better because of the places they travel to .Many that I hoped to visit .However,I never had a desire to go to Columbia.

10 minutes ago, George C said:

I think 1200 sq Ft for a single person is fine , totally agree with you on stairs , we moved about a dozen years ago mostly because we wanted a single story . We need extra space for the kittens we are going to buy , I am happy in Dallas area . I buy my paperbacks either in Sams or half price books. 

The one I bought is 2045 sf (not 1200).  I have too much stuff for 1200 sf. I go to half price books all the time. Me and my bil. Hes also a reader. Hes a balduchi fan too.

Here is one for jimbo. Penthouse whole 5th floor of this ocean front bldg. $2400 a month HOA. Even if I came up with the purchase price, no way I'm paying that much HOA. Those high hoas are my issue with condos, so I compromised on location. 

20240328_145631617.jpeg

20240328_145819551.jpeg

20240328_145745906.jpeg

• Like 4

18 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Totally understandable that you wouldn't want to travel long distance & attend a wedding solo. However, it would have been interesting and cool to see what public figures would be there & how they acted at a private event.

I posted this a few years ago but it bears repeating .Approximately 15 years ago I was at a wedding where one of the guests was the lead singer of Duran,Duran-Simon LeBan.We were told not to approach him .I was at the bar and he came up to me and said he could not understand why nobody was talking to him.I explained what we were told by the Groom.He laughed and we had an interesting conversation.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Glad you liked it. Sandford is a very good writer. I've finished all the "Prey" series, and started with his "side-kick" -- Virgin Flowers. Enjoying it very much.

I think you mean Virgil.  Yes, he is a character I enjoy.  

• Haha 1

On 3/27/2024 at 3:49 PM, dani negreanu said:

DS1 asked his dad for a hanger.

He got two.... (I prefer the first one 😉)

image.thumb.jpeg.18b46bedb0b83ed16ab0ccf3437666ed.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.785b1e08ab4481d2497d35d70140cf06.jpeg

The "kid" is happy 😎

Both are wonderfully creative! Like most others, I prefer the first one because it’s easier to see the ‘hooks’.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

The last 2 ones were awful. First time I've found myself skipping pages and pages.

I’m with you on this Dani, I gave up halfway through it.  So disappointing.  

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I think you mean Virgil.  Yes, he is a character I enjoy.  

Right you're, Mark. @h20skibum  Just reading #6 on VirgiL series.

In my defense - I'm down with a nasty flu (vaccinated to boot) for more than a week. Got it from DH, who had a light "version", since he didn't bother to get vaccinated....

Not fair, not fair at all 😢

• Like 17

14 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm down with a nasty flu (vaccinated to boot) for more than a week.

Sorry to hear you are battling the flu, Dani.  Susan had something on and off for almost a month.  Thankfully, I didn’t get whatever she had.  Hope you get rid of it soon.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

He really is a very smart kid, don’t know where he came from.  I think I mentioned he got full scholarships to all the high schools he applied to.  That valedictorian speech ought to be something!

We are all proud of this young man. ❤️

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Day 3- 3/28 Today’s activities is to walk to the Miyajima Public Aquarium.  Along the way are a few photos…

IMG_9458.thumb.jpeg.b6d7ca35dba9d54f1b8dfde36c2d5f93.jpeg

IMG_9460.thumb.jpeg.70b3d9842e9513fe4d0ba47e5922e33a.jpeg

IMG_9462.thumb.jpeg.65dcfb89dad34c386483032fb3de0f37.jpeg

IMG_9465.thumb.jpeg.82dbcc341ccff2689507136ecdfea346.jpeg

I don’t want to make this post super long so I will just post a few aquarium photos.

IMG_9484.thumb.jpeg.706e2c9e09ff32f12dbd07a5ef039a2c.jpeg

Cuttle Fish

IMG_9520.thumb.jpeg.3d1697692b8d9459516a278b4f335292.jpeg

IMG_9519.thumb.jpeg.90993fab91944362c4c84908a6b8b2d4.jpeg

IMG_9499.thumb.jpeg.9edd868d3855249fde9c261144a5a1e6.jpeg

We found Nemo

IMG_9506.thumb.jpeg.e2db23bfd078921b36250ee615679314.jpeg

Coral that looks like bouquets of flowers 

IMG_9515.thumb.jpeg.ec9c5a08d206b735e0187dc47aab8c0f.jpeg

Lion Fish

IMG_9526.thumb.jpeg.014436be0a03986d5270d7f974c2e0f3.jpeg

IMG_9501.thumb.jpeg.5ef6fad9e747b29ee1e2706f071cf786.jpeg

Red Crown Crane 

IMG_9534.thumb.jpeg.a1cbf369c563d1cc74d350740be68446.jpeg

This shows how oysters are made.

IMG_9509.thumb.jpeg.deaf5a2cf5b229b4bbccd06f6b8ef1f4.jpeg

Walking back along the beachfront…a small shrine.

IMG_9536.thumb.jpeg.7fd1abf1fa52daa9bbcde251ede1c812.jpeg

Finally…a treat!  This soft-serve ice cream is thick and rich.  A 100% better than what RC serves as soft-serve. 
FullSizeRender.thumb.jpeg.0a8a1df5b7dcf800e0e55d73a3809064.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3