CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

45 minutes ago, Hampshire Steve said:

Well it would be nice to arrive today, dropped one of our cats to the vet this morning and was presented with a £840 estimate to investigate her sneezing!

Lost hope with P&O and have sent the 14 day notice of intent of action, so will be happy to see the refund or sad to move on to a court proceeding. Have done plenty before with my work so no stranger to the system.

Nightmare!

Hope that this gets their attention.  They really have run out of excuses now, even against their own interpretation of their own made up policy.

58 minutes ago, Hampshire Steve said:

Well it would be nice to arrive today, dropped one of our cats to the vet this morning and was presented with a £840 estimate to investigate her sneezing!

Lost hope with P&O and have sent the 14 day notice of intent of action, so will be happy to see the refund or sad to move on to a court proceeding. Have done plenty before with my work so no stranger to the system.

Good luck.

8 minutes ago, miniyorkie said:

You and me both Steve. Are we unfortunately going to be the last men (well woman in my case) waiting. 

I am finding it difficult to understand the PR mess they are causing, the current situation on leisure travel (and all sorts of other businesses) must be a complete nightmare for many companies but you do need to come out the other side smelling of roses rather than the other stuff💩

We were pretty much committed to P&O just a few months ago and now find ourselves discussing longer term plans without them.

I do hope we all see our money soon and feel a little happy to see so many others get their dues.

Well done to the many posters here for the continued support.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Hampshire Steve said:

I am finding it difficult to understand the PR mess they are causing, the current situation on leisure travel (and all sorts of other businesses) must be a complete nightmare for many companies but you do need to come out the other side smelling of roses rather than the other stuff💩

We were pretty much committed to P&O just a few months ago and now find ourselves discussing longer term plans without them.

I do hope we all see our money soon and feel a little happy to see so many others get their dues.

Following with fingers crossed for you and all the others still waiting Steve. 

Andy 

1 minute ago, miniyorkie said:

Thanks Graham. Seems a long, long time since the March cruise was cancelled. 

Same here, fingers crossed for you.  Similar to the sentiment described elsewhere on here, before this started I would count myself as a loyal P&O customer and had seven cruises booked - not trying to brag (sorry if it comes across that way) - just make the point that P&O were my first genuine choice for holidays and - despite the foibles - I've had a good time.

With this refund debacle ongoing though, I still have several booked for next year; the customer service is teaching me a hard lesson around putting so many eggs in one basket.

If this carries on mind, I may just lob all proverbial eggs from the basket in frustration and start afresh with a more reputable line; others are better than this.

To be honest, the longer this goes on, the more bad I feel for recommending P&O; a couple are now lumbered in the 90 day plus club too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, miniyorkie said:

Thanks Graham. Seems a long, long time since the March cruise was cancelled. 

We were really looking forward to the Azura TA cruise and Pauline had everything ready a week before when it was cancelled.

We waited 66 days for our refund and another 4 days to get our deposit back which was long enough but for you it must feel a really long time.

I would pester them every day like I did from day 59 and tell them you are a regular poster on cruise critic and Paul Ludlows up to 60 days is now over 90 days for you.

Good luck I am looking forward to seeing you posting you have your refund especially as we would have been on the same cruise.

Regards Graham.

1 minute ago, No pager thank you said:

Same here, fingers crossed for you.  Similar to the sentiment described elsewhere on here, before this started I would count myself as a loyal P&O customer and had seven cruises booked - not trying to brag (sorry if it comes across that way) - just make the point that P&O were my first genuine choice for holidays and - despite the foibles - I've had a good time.

With this refund debacle ongoing though, I still have several booked for next year; the customer service is teaching me a hard lesson around putting so many eggs in one basket.

If this carries on mind, I may just lob all proverbial eggs from the basket in frustration and start afresh with a more reputable line; others are better than this.

To be honest, the longer this goes on, the more bad I feel for recommending P&O; a couple are now lumbered in the 90 day plus club too.

RCL are our first choice but they have a similar forum where some people have waited up to 60 days although lots are opting for FCC because they are much more flexible with Lift and Shift and Cruise with Confidence schemes.

Princess cruisers have reported up to 90 days.

The ships and crew are what make our decision and usually we would have none or minimal contact with cruiselines corporate offices.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

RCL are our first choice but they have a similar forum where some people have waited up to 60 days although lots are opting for FCC because they are much more flexible with Lift and Shift and Cruise with Confidence schemes.

Princess cruisers have reported up to 90 days.

The ships and crew are what make our decision and usually we would have none or minimal contact with cruiselines corporate offices.

Thanks for the reply Graham - fair point about the ships and crew of course, without those "assets" P&O really would be snookered now.  We do like Aurora in particular and were looking forward to Iona.

What this experience is teaching us though is how far can we trust this company if something was to go badly wrong on holiday (ignoring the pandemic for example)?  That's genuinely worrying now.

Of course, you assume that they are reputable at a basic level, but some of the "tactics" they have used through this makes us wonder for one.  It is a broader Carnival brand issue when it comes to refund communications and none of the lines are perfect, do agree.

We just feel that we will have to factor this possibility of excessive aggro in to future holiday decisions, which is a real shame.  In the same way we had a hotel problem with Airtours many years ago and promised never to travel with them again - something we stuck to, even with the price usually being great.

In future, it will be harder for us to just choose just our preferred ship and itinerary.  No other company we have used throughout this pandemic has even been close to being as bad as P&O.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, No pager thank you said:

Thanks for the reply Graham - fair point about the ships and crew of course, without those "assets" P&O really would be snookered now.  We do like Aurora in particular and were looking forward to Iona.

What this experience is teaching us though is how far can we trust this company if something was to go badly wrong on holiday (ignoring the pandemic for example)?  That's genuinely worrying now.

Of course, you assume that they are reputable at a basic level, but some of the "tactics" they have used through this makes us wonder for one.  It is a broader Carnival brand issue when it comes to refund communications and none of the lines are perfect, do agree.

We just feel that we will have to factor this possibility of excessive aggro in to future holiday decisions, which is a real shame.  In the same way we had a hotel problem with Airtours many years ago and promised never to travel with them again - something we stuck to, even with the price usually being great.

In future, it will be harder for us to just choose just our preferred ship and itinerary.  No other company we have used throughout this pandemic has even been close to being as bad as P&O.

I agree,P&O customer relations has been very poor  during this pandemic which has been tough for most people and companies but some airlines,trainline and hotels have been excellent in refunding us from 2-14 days.

On a couple of occasions in the past I have emailed P&O with a complaint on board and they have given us an extra £100 obc for our next cruise to please us.

All ships have to pass strict safety tests so I'm happy on that score. 

Our award winning TA has been non existent.

We always have cruise included in our travel insurance and at the moment we always carry our EHIC cards in Europe as well in case anything goes wrong.

Edited by grapau27

Refund for shore excursions came through today, 4 days after our cruise refund. Applied for April 23rd, should have sailed yesterday . Seems that I got of lightly compared to some. 

predictive text changed excursions to excuses, was tempted to leave it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, swaddy said:

Refund for shore excursions came through today, 4 days after our cruise refund. Applied for April 23rd, should have sailed yesterday . Seems that I got of lightly compared to some. 

predictive text changed excursions to excuses, was tempted to leave it. 

👍 Good result.

It's not just P and O, our friends have been waiting 95 days with Iglu and Princess Cruises, and still no luck today when ringing them. 

P and O and they got there refund in 45 days. 

Travel Industry in a right mess at the moment, but I hope you all get your refunds soon. 

Well done to all who have received Refunds, not before time though, no company should be hanging on to passengers money the way the Cruise Lines are it is disgraceful.

I rang Monday last week, spoke to someone who then contacted someone else and was then told we would have our Refund by Friday, Day 73(yesterday) still no Refund, rang them again still awaiting an answer.

We are RCL Regulars but because they do not sail in Europe in the Winter months we were going to move to P&O, however because of this Farce we may not Cruise again, as we have no confidence in any of the Cruise lines to do the right thing when it comes to Refunds.

Edited by TOM CRUIZES
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Hampshire Steve said:

I hope that you get to see your money soon.  Their continued poor service beggars belief.  I find it hard to understand the thinking within P&O, they must realise that no matter how many cruises we have done we will not remain committed to them in the future. 🤞🤞

3 hours ago, TOM CRUIZES said:

Well done to all who have received Refunds, not before time though, no company should be hanging on to passengers money the way the Cruise Lines are it is disgraceful.

I rang Monday last week, spoke to someone who then contacted someone else and was then told we would have our Refund by Friday, Day 73(yesterday) still no Refund, rang them again still awaiting an answer.

We are RCL Regulars but because they do not sail in Europe in the Winter months we were going to move to P&O, however because of this Farce we may not Cruise again, as we have no confidence in any of the Cruise lines to do the right thing when it comes to Refunds.

I hope you get good news soon.

I had to ask P&O to escalate our refund at day 59 and got it day 66.

Royals CWC and lift and shift gives their passengers more flexibility to rearrange cruises and why more have taken FCC.

Hopefully cruising starts before the year end or I fear for some cruiselines staying afloat.

I think the Refund fiasco is being driven by keeping cash flow in the business of all the cruiselines.

Headline news! I received an email from P and O yesterday about my refund. Perhaps they are finally starting to communicate? Albeit after the refund, but that is just being picky when people are still waiting 80+ days.

Not sure I particularly agree with their statement of "adapt our ways of working very quickly." 

Firstly, we would like to thank you for your patience. We are sorry that the unprecedented nature of Covid-19 has meant we have been unable to contact you as soon as we would have liked and as we do normally. 

We are pleased to be a travel company which is able to offer refunds but the impact of Covid-19 upon our business and all of our lives has been devastating, and therefore the complexity and scale of this task has been unprecedented for us.

At P&O Cruises, we have had to adapt our ways of working very quickly as we set up new systems and all our colleagues began working from home.

We are pleased to confirm that your refund claim has now been processed. The money will be returned to the original payment card, please see details below:

Amount to be refunded:

If you had submitted more than one claim, please bear with us as we continue to work through the outstanding requests. You will be notified of the outcome of your claim in due course.

If you have made purchases on My P&O Cruises for experiences such as spa treatments, restaurant reservations or shore excursions, these are processed on a separate system and we will be in contact shortly. Thank you for bearing with us. 

Thank you so much for your understanding and forbearance as we work our way through these difficult circumstances, it really is very much appreciated.  

Best wishes,

The P&O Cruises team

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I hope you get good news soon.

I had to ask P&O to escalate our refund at day 59 and got it day 66.

Royals CWC and lift and shift gives their passengers more flexibility to rearrange cruises and why more have taken FCC.

Hopefully cruising starts before the year end or I fear for some cruiselines staying afloat.

I think the Refund fiasco is being driven by keeping cash flow in the business of all the cruiselines.

Thanks for the good luck post, we asked for it to be escalated 2-3 weeks ago but it does not seem to have help, however there are worse things going on in the World so if this is the only thing we have to complain about I guess we are some of the Lucky Ones.

I agree with you on the cash flow point and as you say hopefully like their Ships they Stay Afloat, we moved a Sept Cruise to October hoping there may be a better chance of Cruising then, maybe we will get a better Picture soon.

• Like 3

52 days after my TA advised me that they were processing my request I received my refund.  It had been posted on 11th June.   I got the whole lot (what they kept my onboard credit!!) 

Only problem is that it is a cheque.   I don’t have access to paying in cheques 😞 in person.  So Now I am going to have to post it back to UK.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

52 days after my TA advised me that they were processing my request I received my refund.  It had been posted on 11th June.   I got the whole lot (what they kept my onboard credit!!) 

Only problem is that it is a cheque.   I don’t have access to paying in cheques 😞 in person.  So Now I am going to have to post it back to UK.  

Good news you got a refund.

Is there nowhere in Gibraltar to cash your cheque or could you open an account to deposit the cheque into?

On 6/16/2020 at 9:54 AM, chh said:

Headline news! I received an email from P and O yesterday about my refund. Perhaps they are finally starting to communicate? Albeit after the refund, but that is just being picky when people are still waiting 80+ days.

Not sure I particularly agree with their statement of "adapt our ways of working very quickly." 

Firstly, we would like to thank you for your patience. We are sorry that the unprecedented nature of Covid-19 has meant we have been unable to contact you as soon as we would have liked and as we do normally. 

We are pleased to be a travel company which is able to offer refunds but the impact of Covid-19 upon our business and all of our lives has been devastating, and therefore the complexity and scale of this task has been unprecedented for us.

At P&O Cruises, we have had to adapt our ways of working very quickly as we set up new systems and all our colleagues began working from home.

We are pleased to confirm that your refund claim has now been processed. The money will be returned to the original payment card, please see details below:

Amount to be refunded:

If you had submitted more than one claim, please bear with us as we continue to work through the outstanding requests. You will be notified of the outcome of your claim in due course.

If you have made purchases on My P&O Cruises for experiences such as spa treatments, restaurant reservations or shore excursions, these are processed on a separate system and we will be in contact shortly. Thank you for bearing with us. 

Thank you so much for your understanding and forbearance as we work our way through these difficult circumstances, it really is very much appreciated.  

Best wishes,

The P&O Cruises team

Don’t get your hopes up this is just a generic email to everyone