CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

1 hour ago, dgs1956 said:

After seeing all these posts I checked and mine had actually been paid on Wednesday (48 days) onto my credit card. I was expecting a cheque. I have had no notification from P&O. My friends who were on the same cruise haven't received theirs yet.  

Pleased for you.

Our refund came a few weeks ago onto our credit card after 4pm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lynnewob said:

After P&O's cancellation on 23 April (refund applied for immediately from the link).   The cheque came in the post today (lunchtime) for 27 June cruise.   This is the quickest refund yet.   Email just received confirming they'd sent it.

This is a much faster refund than my Cunard cruise which was cancelled on 16 March (for a 28 March sailing) and cheque received on 1 June.

Still awaiting a Princess refund applied for on 15 April (for 23 May sailing).

I have a TA and have advised them I've received both P&O/Cunard directly, despite them saying it would come through them and back to my credit card.   Who knows where the Princess one will come from.

Good news you got a relatively quick refund from P&O.

Good luck with your Princess refund.

Received an e-mail from P & O saying that our refund had been processed in full and is on its way. Applied for refund on 25 April for our Baltic cruise on 14 June, 48 days. Very happy but would much rather have had our cruise.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Received an e-mail from P & O saying that our refund had been processed in full and is on its way. Applied for refund on 25 April for our Baltic cruise on 14 June, 48 days. Very happy but would much rather have had our cruise.

I agree.

We would have been in Naples today on RCL Allure of the seas.

We got our P&O Azura March 20 refund after 66 days a few weeks ago.

18 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

It’s really heart warming on FB to see them all thanking P&O on all the groups none of which are anything to do with P&O for giving them their own money back after 40,50,60,70,80,90+days 🤷‍♂️

Before Covid-19, and like others I suspect, I had another cruise cancelled by P&O when Oriana was sold to Star Cruises I believe. I immediately got a letter explaining this, along with the offer of a refund of the balance paid and £75pp discretionary OBC to say sorry - all without asking.  No FCC malarkey, no web forms, no fobbing off, and no grating videos from a back garden in Cowes.

Now I am told - just to be grateful if you ever get all of your money back - no matter how it takes...now 90 days +😱.  And by the way, say thank you whenever you do, as that's only polite!

Even though it's also perfectly and unquestionably polite it seems for you, and anyone like you, to be ignored for weeks on end if you have the temerity to call P&O and interfere with whichever queue, or non queue, in which your money may or may not currently rest at this time.  Or, indeed, if you have the indiscretion to call at any later open ended period of time, at the exclusive determination of P&O, particularly should you expect any form of helpful reply.

In short, I agree with you 👍  Pleased for other successful refundees today, let's keep the good news coming! 😃

1 hour ago, No pager thank you said:

Before Covid-19, and like others I suspect, I had another cruise cancelled by P&O when Oriana was sold to Star Cruises I believe. I immediately got a letter explaining this, along with the offer of a refund of the balance paid and £75pp discretionary OBC to say sorry - all without asking.  No FCC malarkey, no web forms, no fobbing off, and no grating videos from a back garden in Cowes.

Now I am told - just to be grateful if you ever get all of your money back - no matter how it takes...now 90 days +😱.  And by the way, say thank you whenever you do, as that's only polite!

Even though it's also perfectly and unquestionably polite it seems for you, and anyone like you, to be ignored for weeks on end if you have the temerity to call P&O and interfere with whichever queue, or non queue, in which your money may or may not currently rest at this time.  Or, indeed, if you have the indiscretion to call at any later open ended period of time, at the exclusive determination of P&O, particularly should you expect any form of helpful reply.

In short, I agree with you 👍  Pleased for other successful refundees today, let's keep the good news coming! 😃

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I agree.

We would have been in Naples today on RCL Allure of the seas.

We got our P&O Azura March 20 refund after 66 days a few weeks ago.

Oh you have done what I did all week ...  “we would have been in”.  I love the port of Naples, I feel your loss. 

Today I would have been disembarking in Southampton.  I had made it into a special day by meeting up with my daughter who was living in Newbury - and we were going to spend the night in Windsor.  I last visited in 1964!!    We were flying from Heathrow the next day. 

With all the changes she is now living with us.   Windsor is still on my bucket list.  

Tomorrow I would have been emptying a caseload of dirty washing.  I am glad that I don’t have to do that.  

• Like 3

This is a great thread, so helpful, thank you everyone, I’ve been checking in each day!

Full refund received today direct to credit card. Refund requested 24th April. Cruise was Ventura 23rd May.

Pleased to have finally got my money back though would rather have had the holiday. I do hope those still waiting from the first wave of cancellations get what is owed to them.

I personally, (and we all have different thoughts and changes in circumstances) can accept that a refund may take more than the 14 days at the moment. I do think that the 60 days P and O have stated is excessive, especially as they have taken a lot longer in a lot of cases. However, P and O have acted in an abysmal manner with regards to total lack of communication.

Surely it must be possible for an automated email to be sent to state that they have received a refund request?! The amount of time it would ultimately save them though customers not phoning and emailing them to ensure the request has come through would help them, let alone the stress they have caused their loyal customers.

The only communication I have received is the incorrect refund invoice a few days ago. I expected that weeks ago, as they said to expect it, so when it didn’t arrive I thought my refund request hadn’t gone through. I would have thought that a known IT glitch sending out incorrect cancellation notices could be fixed in the long time period they have had!

We will hopefully cruise again and with P and O as their cruises suit us. Sadly not next year though with the extra large price increases!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, chh said:

Surely it must be possible for an automated email to be sent to state that they have received a refund request?! The amount of time it would ultimately save them though customers not phoning and emailing them to ensure the request has come through would help them, let alone the stress they have caused their loyal customers.

Absolutely spot on. It would take a minimal amount of time to set up such an auto response system.

I can accept that initially such a system would not be immediately available, but now, three months later,  with no change to the system, it is just appalling that there is still not an auto response acknowledgement reply confirmation process in place.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, chh said:

This is a great thread, so helpful, thank you everyone, I’ve been checking in each day!

Full refund received today direct to credit card. Refund requested 24th April. Cruise was Ventura 23rd May.

Pleased to have finally got my money back though would rather have had the holiday. I do hope those still waiting from the first wave of cancellations get what is owed to them.

I personally, (and we all have different thoughts and changes in circumstances) can accept that a refund may take more than the 14 days at the moment. I do think that the 60 days P and O have stated is excessive, especially as they have taken a lot longer in a lot of cases. However, P and O have acted in an abysmal manner with regards to total lack of communication.

The only communication I have received is the incorrect refund invoice a few days ago. I expected that weeks ago, as they said to expect it, so when it didn’t arrive I thought my refund request hadn’t gone through. I would have thought that a known IT glitch sending out incorrect cancellation notices could be fixed in the long time period they have had!

We will hopefully cruise again and with P and O as their cruises suit us. Sadly not next year though with the extra large price increases!

Congratulations on your refund, lovely to see them flowing in now. 

We managed to sneak a little 'bargain', well, realistically priced cruise on Iona next December. 

Select price balcony with £180 on board spend between us for £649 pp for a Christmas Market cruise, 7 nights. 

They never are expensive, but we love them and a fairly cheap way to experience the new ship, which I am still undecided on. 

Something to look forward to. 

Andy 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, chh said:

Enjoy the Christmas market cruise, something to look forward to. I work in a school so we are restricted to school holidays.....no bargains there!

Many may cancel or move to later dates, so keep looking. 

Fingers crossed for you. 

Andy 

9 hours ago, chh said:

Pleased to hear your refund is with you.

P&O need to sort their IT and customer services department because even though it was obvious they were hanging onto customers money in March and April to see if cruising would start soon they could have done a lot more to keep customers informed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Absolutely spot on. It would take a minimal amount of time to set up such an auto response system.

I can accept that initially such a system would not be immediately available, but now, three months later,  with no change to the system, it is just appalling that there is still not an auto response acknowledgement reply confirmation process in place.

Unfortunately, we have seen, more than once, P&O claim not to have received these automated forms, submitted online. The problem with an automated acknowledgement email is that it creates an audit trail, which may, on occasion, be inconvenient.

Their ability to send automated replies pre-dated the forms i.e. if you asked a question/query on the web.  Hence the need to screenshot!

We also know that they are perfectly capable of sending an automated reply by email i.e. when you contact Guest Services, or reply to all guests with email addresses on scheduled sailings i.e. El Presidente emails. 

So, you have to question this.

Well it would be nice to arrive today, dropped one of our cats to the vet this morning and was presented with a £840 estimate to investigate her sneezing!

Lost hope with P&O and have sent the 14 day notice of intent of action, so will be happy to see the refund or sad to move on to a court proceeding. Have done plenty before with my work so no stranger to the system.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hampshire Steve said:

Well it would be nice to arrive today, dropped one of our cats to the vet this morning and was presented with a £840 estimate to investigate her sneezing

‘Tis a good thing that you do - you deserve your refund pronto!  Good luck 👍

16 minutes ago, Hampshire Steve said:

Well it would be nice to arrive today, dropped one of our cats to the vet this morning and was presented with a £840 estimate to investigate her sneezing!

Lost hope with P&O and have sent the 14 day notice of intent of action, so will be happy to see the refund or sad to move on to a court proceeding. Have done plenty before with my work so no stranger to the system.

I did that, copied in Paul Ludlow, refund arrived within a few days. 

Hols4

Cancelled a cruise mid March for a cruise on Aurora 1st May when the new conditions for cancelling without penalties came in. I e-mailed P&O mid May 60 days later as refund hadn't come and had a reply saying they were just dealing with refunds for that period and not to worry. Still no refund by last Saturday so rang them Sunday at 10am and got straight through and told her it was now over 80 days since cancelling,she told me they were having a problem with refunds from mid March ( don't ask me why) and put me on hold.

She came back and said she had esculaited my claim to the refund priority team so have to wait again, I'm not holding my breath  ! 

What a shambles !

• Like 2