CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

I received an email on 6th June saying the refund of the deposit for our August cruise had been processed. No sign of the money yet. Does "processed" mean the start of the 90 day waiting period? The refund was requested at the very beginning, around March 13th. Guess who has no intention of ever darkening their doorway again.🤮🤮🤮

32 minutes ago, dorsetlad said:

I received an email on 6th June saying the refund of the deposit for our August cruise had been processed. No sign of the money yet. Does "processed" mean the start of the 90 day waiting period? The refund was requested at the very beginning, around March 13th. Guess who has no intention of ever darkening their doorway again.🤮🤮🤮

I feel your frustration ,taking the mick does not come close with P&O and leaves a lot of people not trusting them.

Last week I got an e-mail from my car insurance .It read "hope you are doing OK and due to lockdown you may not 

be using your car as much ,please send us your mileage and we will see if you require a refund."

Yesterday I got a e-mail informing me they had refunded me £30 !

I never asked for this and yet P&O ???

Hope you get your refund soon.

• Like 1

Just now, drsel said:

with so many stories of such difficulties getting refunds back, I am really afraid to give them fresh money and book 3 cruises in April May 2021

To be honest, with the pricing model as it is, I would not be booking any new Carnival Corp cruises in mid season 2021.  That's before you even contemplate the shore side charades.

Assuming that the public health scenario does allow travel to resume by that time, basically there are better value for money options to be had elsewhere.  Patience may be needed to see prices unfold.  

It's inevitable that a few of the companies will try to depress prices to revive the market and having customers "take a punt" on what new normal cruising is like.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

100 is the new 60 days for a couple of our cc friends on this thread.

Hi Graham & Hampshire Steve. Unfortunately so. The postman has  just this moment walked straight past without delivering any mail, so no cheque yet again. I honestly do not know what else I can do. I have emailed all the contacts from several pages ago on this thread and although I have had an acknowlegment email nothing more positive. I have considered a Section 75 but realise that they are also inundated and that action would also  take several more weeks. I really wish that all   the March 100 day club  could now  report a happy ending, but we may at least be able to go out for a meal to celebrate when we do receive the refunds.

8 minutes ago, miniyorkie said:

Hi Graham & Hampshire Steve. Unfortunately so. The postman has  just this moment walked straight past without delivering any mail, so no cheque yet again. I honestly do not know what else I can do. I have emailed all the contacts from several pages ago on this thread and although I have had an acknowlegment email nothing more positive. I have considered a Section 75 but realise that they are also inundated and that action would also  take several more weeks. I really wish that all   the March 100 day club  could now  report a happy ending, but we may at least be able to go out for a meal to celebrate when we do receive the refunds.

Why don't you ring P&O and claim the 100 days wait has created hardship for you and can they refund you now.

Alternatively why not ask your bank to do a 

Chargeback.

100 days is ridiculous and I'm sure the bank will agree and chargeback is easier for them to do.

Why not email David Dingle the Carnival boss.

I found his email on Google.

I hope you have good news soon.

Graham

9 minutes ago, miniyorkie said:

Section 75 took 8 days! do not understand the several weeks or in fact a post yesterday suggesting 8 weeks.

Quickest way to get your refund!

Companies do not like it!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Section 75 took 8 days! do not understand the several weeks or in fact a post yesterday suggesting 8 weeks.

Quickest way to get your refund!

Companies do not like it!

Good to know for future reference,if needed.

We did cashback with our Credit Card company when Flybe went bust and got our money back in about 4 weeks.

Edited by grapau27

49 minutes ago, drsel said:
1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I've occasionally seen people wearing one of these pins.  Can't think why people bother wearing them.

Wearing a Pin or Medallion is only to show off

Our one cruise so far with Princess made us realise how poor we were, so many passengers made a point of pointing out their tier (Oh we get inclusive dry cleaning etc) that I unfortunately slammed the door so hard on one of those conversations by saying Oh I thought everyone got it free, we do in our suite. (Never mentioned it before or again 🙂)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

surprisingly after waiting for my refund from Cunard I wrote to them via Facebook by PM and told them the 60 days are now up if I dont receive my refund within 14 days I will be invoking Section 75 through my credit card company and guess what they paid up.

Edited by majortom10
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I always wondered what those pins were for!  LOL  I am afraid ours go in the bin.  What a waste.  Useless piece of tat.

We get pins for RCL too.

They look cheap and I wouldn't risk putting a hole in a good shirt by wearing them.

54 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I always wondered what those pins were for!  LOL  I am afraid ours go in the bin.  What a waste.  Useless piece of tat.

I'd much rather have a complimentary drink in the bar🍸

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47

1 hour ago, Hampshire Steve said:

Today I have received an email from the office of El Presidente promising to look into my issue.

Looking forward to next week when I can start the court procedure.

Club Badge.png

This made me laugh...I imagine that the social media team at P&O would retweet that if you asked🤣

Hope that they get on with it now!

I am glad that people keep getting refunds instead of the FCC credits and gift cards. During this hard times its better to have a buck on your account rather than some virtual coints to spend on cruise which only God know when will start operate again