CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

Just now, grapau27 said:

Well done.👍

To be fair Graham,  I didn't have that much input into getting the prize!

Given the current interest rates, I can't see why everyone doesn't put a fair amount of their savings into Premium Bonds.  Instant access if you need your cash, totally safe,and given current interest  rates, you only need to win the odd £25 to be "ahead".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone have an email for them?

We received email cancellation invoice yesterday but the amount being refunded is less than amount paid. The amount being shorted doesn’t even match deposit amount and we booked direct with P&O no TA involved.

TIA.

10 minutes ago, Spurschick said:

Does anyone have an email for them?

We received email cancellation invoice yesterday but the amount being refunded is less than amount paid. The amount being shorted doesn’t even match deposit amount and we booked direct with P&O no TA involved.

TIA.

You need to ignore that invoice. I’m surprised they’re still sending them out seeing as they’re supposed to have upgraded their IT system. But it will right itself in the end. 

23 minutes ago, staygulf said:

You need to ignore that invoice. I’m surprised they’re still sending them out seeing as they’re supposed to have upgraded their IT system. But it will right itself in the end. 

Thanks, I’m hoping the correct amount goes in.im hoping we will see soon as a lot of people have said they received refund before they got the invoice!

11 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

New P&O Cruises Refund quiz question:

On average, which of the following will arrive quicker?

Jules Verne's 19th century fictional round-the-world navigation, OR

Refunds from an actual P&O Cruise with 21st century Information Technology?

Answers on a postcard 🧭

Using a quill pen

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Refund requested 15th March, I think that puts us on 85 clear days since and still not feeling 2 grand!

Telephoned 3 times, last 2 times promised escalation (Spoke to Cameron and Francesca on those occasions)

Emailed Helen for help, she answered after a week saying I can see you have been escalated so you should see your refund soon, that reply was a week ago.

On the other subject just mentioned I did win £25 on the NSI bonds this month, first win for years although one of my sons wins about 3 times a year (always £25)

45 minutes ago, Hampshire Steve said:

Refund requested 15th March, I think that puts us on 85 clear days since and still not feeling 2 grand!

Telephoned 3 times, last 2 times promised escalation (Spoke to Cameron and Francesca on those occasions)

Emailed Helen for help, she answered after a week saying I can see you have been escalated so you should see your refund soon, that reply was a week ago.

On the other subject just mentioned I did win £25 on the NSI bonds this month, first win for years although one of my sons wins about 3 times a year (always £25)

I would email her again and tell her how long you have waited.

If no answer  email again and again because you have been fobbed off long enough

14 hours ago, wowzz said:

Won £100 this month. Better than 0.01% on our savings account!

We might have to buy some.I was born in the year Premium Bonds were first issued and received them every birthday and Christmas as a present as a child.However I never won anything and cashed them in a couple of years ago.Our savings account has now reduced interest to 0.01% too so we may re invest and hopefully be lucky!

42 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I would email her again and tell her how long you have waited.

If no answer  email again and again because you have been fobbed off long enough

On the hour every hour!

Hello its me again I

Hello its me again 2

Hello its me again 3

Etc Etc, you can also add; Any answer? Whats happening! Paul this is embarrassing! all at different times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hampshire Steve said:

I usually win every month, only £25 or £50, but rarely miss one.

• Like 1

Good idea with Premium (or Income) Bonds at the moment.  Like the P&O raffle though, my Bonds hardly ever come up mind!

Having said that, speaking of interest rates, why would anyone would forgo the extra 24% interest on a P&O FCC is beyond me....or maybe it isn't 🤑....

Agree with the advice about keeping the pressure on, very frustrating but necessary.

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions, I will sit on the fence for a few more days rather than hassle anyone already under pressure. After that, who knows, I drive past Carnival House every morning so perhaps I might be Billy No Mates stood outside with a placard? Seems to be the done thing ATM

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Having said that, speaking of interest rates, why would anyone would forgo the extra 24% interest on a P&O FCC is beyond me....or maybe it isn't 🤑....

Well, mainly because you have to spend the "interest" on P&O,  and also,  in some cases, the price of cruises have increased by over 25%, so in effect you are getting a negative interest rate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, No pager thank you said:

Good idea with Premium (or Income) Bonds at the moment.  Like the P&O raffle though, my Bonds hardly ever come up mind!

Agree with the advice about keeping the pressure on, very frustrating but necessary.

Perhaps because what you are purchasing with your interest of 24% is 30%-40% dearer than what the same cruise went on sale in September 2019. My cruise on Arcadia for August 2020 now over £2300 for cheapest inside cabin when I booked in September 2019 top grade inside cabin was just over £1400 an increase of 60% makes your 24% interest as a rip off. But that is why P&O are pushing you to have a FCC because it guarantees bookings and they know that the prices are dearer than wwhen they were first released so its a win, win for P&O.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

But that is why P&O are pushing you to have a FCC because it guarantees bookings and they know that the prices are dearer than wwhen they were first released so its a win, win for P&O.

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Well, mainly because you have to spend the "interest" on P&O,  and also,  in some cases, the price of cruises have increased by over 25%, so in effect you are getting a negative interest rate.

I agree with you both, thank you for your replies - my post was tongue in cheek as you will probably have gathered!

When it comes to intetest, its a win, win, win for P&O in my book.

1) Fluid pricing has increased baseline fares by >25% as in the case of all my remaining bookings from the current brochure, which I booked via pre-registration.  Therefore, negative.  Pay twice, get less.

2) As the FCC is often more / less than the new deposit on an alternative sailing, P&O keeps the difference, potentially up to 18 months longer than normal.  Therefore, more cash retained in the business.

3) P&O suffers no financial "penalty" or consequence from delaying refunds, no matter how long.  Yes, 0.01% on savings essentially is nothing.  However, three months plus at the statutory rate of 8.1% is quite a lot, particularly when delayed refunds of thousands of pounds are involved.  That is the appropriate rate which is applied to delayed business payments.

I imagine if ABTA started enforcing that, which they will not of course, then 60-90 day turnaround would speed up.  ABTA spokesman on Sky News today was all about abolishing quarantine.

Beyond convenience/less hassle, and wanting of course the industry to survive, what grates me is the presentation of the 25% as a discretionary benefit ... however I trust that as 2021 fills up more people will wake up and smell the coffee and do the maths for themselves.

1 minute ago, bobstheboy said:

Day 12 and still no refund - back to PandO !!   See post 2913.  Not chasing me yet.

My friend, this operation may take up to 120 days. For most companies its 40-90 days so please be patient. You will be refunded eventually but it will certainly take some time. Moreover, if you feel like or you know some information that might help you get it earlier - please call the office. Hope you will get it soon 

1 minute ago, Roger88 said:

My friend, this operation may take up to 120 days. For most companies its 40-90 days so please be patient. You will be refunded eventually but it will certainly take some time. Moreover, if you feel like or you know some information that might help you get it earlier - please call the office. Hope you will get it soon 

Roger - you are writing from the US. There is no way that 120 days is acceptable in the UK. 

Not sure why I bother replying to you, because you never reply back anyway!

Greetings All,

Happy Days. Money received as a  Credit Card receipt of outstanding

amount in respect of AURORA Cruise (to the North Sea and back) 

that departed Southampton on 11 March.

Interesting that date of transaction is 4 June (but it was not there 

yesterday - yes I have been checking everyday!!!!!)

YES I have made a number of phone calls chasing the refund

up and each time I was told 'we will inform our Accounts

Department and chase it up'

Regards,

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

You're missing the point. Please read Bob's post #2913.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, wowzz said:

But, if you intend cruising with P&O then you would be spending money with them anyway and you would be spending less because of the extra 24/25% you have received.

Of course the downside is that if Carnival run out of money and invoke chapter 11, then you would be reliant on ABTA/UK govt refunding you, and only the basic fare cost.