CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

49 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Spike, forgive me for asking, but why would P&O refund you if you left early.  Surely that would be your Insurance?

It’s a long story, but P&O kindly gave us a “free” internet package ( the fastest one) and “free” telephone calls to shore. They then accidentally charged us! We actually had plenty of OBC to cover these anyway, but they cleared that off our account before charging us for them. Anyway sorted in the end.

12 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Good for you, but not part and parcel of the current situation.so has no real bearing, but thanks you for posting.

My reason for posting was to show that “normal” refunds are taking around 7 weeks. I though that this would have a bearing on cancellation refunds!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is more thrilling (and challenging) than finding Willy Wonka’s Golden Tickets. We start with the excitement that the first refund (Golden Ticket) has come through. Widespread excitement and anticipation follows, but then a very very long delay before news breaks that the second Golden Ticket (sorry, refund) has been discovered. Excellent. It can be done. We can all expect great news very soon. Then, joy of joys, the third winner is announced. No, wait. It’s a false alarm. It’s not a Coronavirus cancellation. Never mind it was exciting none the less. Then the next fanfare, but alas, the Golden Ticket didn’t have P&O on it, so isn’t valid. More excitement is bound to follow as we await the next thrilling instalment. Doubtless I shall be Charlie Bucket and be the last to find my Golden Ticket refund, but it all ended well for him. A lifetimes supply of chocolate, as I recall. 

Apologies everyone. Only one thing worse than another day in lockdown and that’s a rainy day in lockdown. Going for a lay down now.  

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

This is more thrilling (and challenging) than finding Willy Wonka’s Golden Tickets. We start with the excitement that the first refund (Golden Ticket) has come through. Widespread excitement and anticipation follows, but then a very very long delay before news breaks that the second Golden Ticket (sorry, refund) has been discovered. Excellent. It can be done. We can all expect great news very soon. Then, joy of joys, the third winner is announced. No, wait. It’s a false alarm. It’s not a Coronavirus cancellation. Never mind it was exciting none the less. Then the next fanfare, but alas, the Golden Ticket didn’t have P&O on it, so isn’t valid. More excitement is bound to follow as we await the next thrilling instalment. Doubtless I shall be Charlie Bucket and be the last to find my Golden Ticket refund, but it all ended well for him. A lifetimes supply of chocolate, as I recall. 

Apologies everyone. Only one thing worse than another day in lockdown and that’s a rainy day in lockdown. Going for a lay down now.  

I love it! 😂😂

Do we need to change this topic to a new topic for when someone does get a successful outcome  because everytime I see this one I am thinking someone has at last got their refund from a cancelled cruise any ideas on title 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Do we need to change this topic to a new topic for when someone does get a successful outcome  because everytime I see this one I am thinking someone has at last got their refund from a cancelled cruise any ideas on title 

How about Groundhog Day

34 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

The "cold house" TA and the "Jannet" TA are the same company so should imagine they have same refund policies and dates.

True.

On my P&O confirmation invoice it has the cold house name on even though I booked through Jannet.

Edited by grapau27

Well, this is interesting. I have received a reply within 6 hours of writing to P&O again this morning asking why is it taking so long, why other lines can refund within 30 days, and advising them that I have lodged a complaint with the CMA. I requested a reply within 5 days and my full refund within 7 days. I included the screenshot again that clearly states within 45 days, not working days too. 

I’ll share the reply 

Thank you for your further e mails. Once again,  I am sorry for the delay in responding to you. 
I do fully understand your continued frustration that you have still not received the promised refund. I would like to reassure you that the refund is being processed but I must advise that it is possible it will take up to 60 days to be refunded. 
Initially we were confident that based on the bookings affected by the initial pause in operations, we would be able to arrange for the guests to be refunded within the 45 days as advised. As the affects of the pandemic became evident and further cruises cancelled, it  became more challenging to keep within the time frame.  Everyone working remotely without the facilities available in our office undoubtedly has caused further issues which we continue to work around. We are all fully aware of the distress and upset that this is causing to guests but we are continuing to refund guests as quickly as we possibly can. 
I regret that I cannot comment on the speed of refunds offered by other cruises companies. 
Whilst I can assure you that your refund will be processed as quickly as possible, I note your intention to take third party advice. 
Assuring you of our best intentions. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Well, this is interesting. I have received a reply within 6 hours of writing to P&O again this morning asking why is it taking so long, why other lines can refund within 30 days, and advising them that I have lodged a complaint with the CMA. I requested a reply within 5 days and my full refund within 7 days. I included the screenshot again that clearly states within 45 days, not working days too. 

I’ll share the reply 

Thank you for your further e mails. Once again,  I am sorry for the delay in responding to you. 
I do fully understand your continued frustration that you have still not received the promised refund. I would like to reassure you that the refund is being processed but I must advise that it is possible it will take up to 60 days to be refunded. 
Initially we were confident that based on the bookings affected by the initial pause in operations, we would be able to arrange for the guests to be refunded within the 45 days as advised. As the affects of the pandemic became evident and further cruises cancelled, it  became more challenging to keep within the time frame.  Everyone working remotely without the facilities available in our office undoubtedly has caused further issues which we continue to work around. We are all fully aware of the distress and upset that this is causing to guests but we are continuing to refund guests as quickly as we possibly can. 
I regret that I cannot comment on the speed of refunds offered by other cruises companies. 
Whilst I can assure you that your refund will be processed as quickly as possible, I note your intention to take third party advice. 

Thanks for sharing.

I might have some sympathy for that if I could see anyone getting their refund but all evidence is to the contrary.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

I’ll share the reply 

Thanks for sharing. Nothing new there that we couldn’t have predicted them saying. They could have abbreviated it as “We don’t really care. Do what you like. We aren’t going to do anything differently”

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

For a section 75 request  the first thing Credit card companies require is PROOF OF THE DATE WHEN YOU REQUESTED A REFUND . THE RESPONSE  FROM THE P&O WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE THIS

CATCH 22

T

Would a cancellation invoice suffice do you think?

1 hour ago, peteukmcr said:

I’ll share the reply 

Thanks for sharing.

I have had a similar reply. No mention of 45 days, but 60 days minimum !

This is just ridiculous, to say I am fuming is an understatement. I was one of the first to cancel on 14th March so if I haven't been refunded, who has ? I honestly believe they haven't refund many and are deliberately moving the date to keep our money to stay afloat, excuse the pun.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

For a section 75 request  the first thing Credit card companies require is PROOF OF THE DATE WHEN YOU REQUESTED A REFUND . THE RESPONSE  FROM THE P&O WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE THIS

CATCH 22

T

That's why I also emailed everything to a guest relations rep at Paul Ludlows office.

15 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I have had a similar reply. No mention of 45 days, but 60 days minimum !

This is just ridiculous, to say I am fuming is an understatement. I was one of the first to cancel on 14th March so if I haven't been refunded, who has ? I honestly believe they haven't refund many and are deliberately moving the date to keep our money to stay afloat, excuse the pun.

Same date, and no reply no paperwork, e-mailed numerous times still no answer.

Have not phoned.