CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

4 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes that sounds like my situation Les.  Although my TA has confirmed that he at first received an FCC and had to put through forms for full refund, so maybe my 45 days is nowhere near yet, let alone 60.

Further good delaying tactics!

Think unsigned cheque!

Edited by mercury7289

7 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Oh I am so glad I did not request a refund, I would be very depressed, frustrated and angry now along with the rest of you.

Ditto.  Though I think I will be going through it soon when our September cruise is cancelled ☹️

1 hour ago, miniyorkie said:

Made me chuckle. Yes a feisty bunch we can be if pushed to the limit. I am 4ft 10 ( hence the mini ) but known at work as the rottweiler ( in jest) and I laugh about it as well . Not a good combination as also from Yorkshire (how much!!) so the refund is  my brass !! 

I have a mug I was given by my staff with “Though she be but little she is fierce” on it from Midsummers Night Dream.

People can underestimate small women😉

Ho much is one of my favourite phrases, Yorkshire and Scotland have much in common.

5 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Ditto.  Though I think I will be going through it soon when our September cruise is cancelled ☹️

Yes but you won't have paid the final balance for the Sept cruise yet so if, like us, you expect your Sept cruise is likely to be cancelled, it will only be the deposit you are worried about

13 hours ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

If it were only that simple. There are many Cunard passengers up in arms about being dumped off the QM2 on its world cruise and left to fend for themselves. They even had to find their own hotels and book their own flights allegedly.  Apparently they haven’t been refunded yet either.

Nobody is arguing with that and how appalling they were treated all I was saying is that some who have booked with Cunard have received refunds from cancelled cruises and would be easier for Cunard than P&O because of fewer ships.

Just received a refund cheque from P&O today. The cheque is dated 24th April. This was for a cruise at the beginning of March which we had to leave early for family reasons. This was obviously before the lockdown, but gives an idea of how long refunds are taking!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Not sure, perhaps your account has just got a FCC. The incompetence is shocking. Do you have a screenshot of the acknowledgment when you submitted your claim?

Yes, have the screenshot and P&O confirmed receipt on the phone, but did not mention it had or needed to be passed to anyone... 

Andy 

2 minutes ago, Spike11 said:

Just received a refund cheque from P&O today. The cheque is dated 24th April. This was for a cruise at the beginning of March which we had to leave early for family reasons. This was obviously before the lockdown, but gives an idea of how long refunds are taking!

Fantastic news Spike, thanks for letting us know. 

Did you book direct? 

Andy 

7 minutes ago, Spike11 said:

Spike, forgive me for asking, but why would P&O refund you if you left early.  Surely that would be your Insurance?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Les_ldh said:

I’m in that position as well. Submitted my refund request, then nothing. No cancellation invoice, no acknowledgment, nothing. 

Les.

Finally got a response from them on Twitter and they acknowledged the refund request from 23March but I’ve had no email from them about that one. Had email cancelling A011 but nothing for A012 so no idea what’s going on with them it’s just a shambles

• Like 1

I’m so glad I had the foresight to do a screenshot although I did get a cancellation invoice about a week later which strangely went in my ‘junk’ folder of email if any of you haven’t checked that? 

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Oh I am so glad I did not request a refund, I would be very depressed, frustrated and angry now along with the rest of you.

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

53 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Yes but you won't have paid the final balance for the Sept cruise yet so if, like us, you expect your Sept cruise is likely to be cancelled, it will only be the deposit you are worried about

We used FCCs from a cruise we should have been on now, and the one immediately following, so it's a bit more than the usual 5% or 15% deposit.

But hey ho, we felt at the time that we booked that it was only 50% chance that the cruise will go, so have a back up plan (sort of) in the increasingly likely event that it doesn't go.  Balance due date isn't until early June and due to the FCCs, the balance is less than £300, so if it isn't cancelled before then we'll be paying and see what happens.

You never now, I might be able to post a picture of us chugging past the Statue of Liberty!  Gotta be positive 🙂

1 hour ago, peteukmcr said:

Just spoke to a rep at P&O. Apparently despite me submitting a form for a full refund on the 17th March, my account was loaded with a FCC! Fuming! So the rep delved deeper and could then see that the form I submitted on the 17th was received by the cancellation department on 24th (that makes sense because that's when I received the cancellation invoice). The rep also put me on hold to contact the finance department for confirmation that it was in hand - the cynic in me thinks I could have just been put on hold, but I give them the benefit of doubt.

Therefore, wait for it, yes you guessed correctly, the 45 day clock didn't start ticking until 24th March! So another 7 days has been added to the timescale. Luckily no mention of 60 days! So let the waiting game begin again.

That’s  awful! Good thing you phoned. 

44 minutes ago, Spike11 said:

Good for you, but not part and parcel of the current situation.so has no real bearing, but thanks you for posting.

1 hour ago, Jules. said:

I’ve just phoned my “cold house” TA (got through straight away 😱) and they clarified that my balance  refund will take 60-90 days from my cancellation date which was 5 April. So that makes it between 4 June - 4 July.

Apparently they are waiting for Princess to refund them, then they will pass the refund back to me. 
I am still waiting for a cancellation confirmation invoice too. As a back up I have screenshots of the live booking and the booking showing as cancelled. 

We shall see. 

Agent rhymes with Jannet  told us 60-90 days a month ago.

Still waiting for 1 agent to ring us back from Friday and another from Monday.

Not just P&O who give duff advice from different agents.

Edited by grapau27