CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

32 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Until recently they were on Tuesday night on Channel 22 at 8pm.

We had cabin B753 booked on Azura TA 

Thanks Graham. Affiliated to the eskimos. At the moment I just want a refund be it by cheque or card. Derbyshire T/A also said by card. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

She also told me that "one member of the finance team collects the cheques and then has to post them - a job that would normally be carried out by a team of people"  No wonder it's slow.

Wow, that sounds like it is very difficult? no wonder they are snowed under!

Is it not like pickup envelopes and place them in a box, and do the same until the end of your shift! 

37 minutes ago, miniyorkie said:

Thanks Graham. Affiliated to the eskimos. At the moment I just want a refund be it by cheque or card. Derbyshire T/A also said by card. 

I agree.

If it is a cheque I will get straight to the bank with it.

On phone again to p&o this morning trying to find my refund. 

did say I would take legal action (I wouldn’t unless it really takes the Mickey)

she said take action as there is nothing I can do to speed it up and that it is between 45-60 days. 
even though I was originally told 45 days which is already up

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

On phone again to p&o this morning trying to find my refund. 

did say I would take legal action (I wouldn’t unless it really takes the Mickey)

she said take action as there is nothing I can do to speed it up and that it is between 45-60 days. 
even though I was originally told 45 days which is already up

That's the problem, you start legal proceedings at your expense, then your refund turns up... P&O have lost nothing... 

I still wonder who the courts would back, despite the legalities, as they are not refusing to pay and are putting proposals in place, which are usually the first criteria. 

It will probably make absolutely no difference to P&O, the usual fear of a court case has long gone... 

Totally wrong and immoral, but reality unfortunately. 

Andy 

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

That's the problem, you start legal proceedings at your expense, then your refund turns up... P&O have lost nothing... 

I still wonder who the courts would back, despite the legalities, as they are not refusing to pay and are putting proposals in place, which are usually the first criteria. 

It will probably make absolutely no difference to P&O, the usual fear of a court case has long gone... 

Andy 

I wouldn’t do legal action. But I would do abta. They might not side with me but every complaint actually costs a company. 
im trying to be nice but after finding out today that hubby is on 80-% furlough we are going to need that money soon. I don’t really want to have to take mortgage holidays etc just cos a company is dragging its feet refunding me

OK, so in our case, we pay the TA with credit card.  He pays P&O less his commission.  There is no way P&O can refund to my card as they don't have my card details.  TA also tells me P&O will refund me the net amount (less his commission) and then he will have to give me the rest.    It's all very odd.  Why wouldn't P&O refund to the TA and then let the TA refund me.

I understand why those who paid P&O direct will be refunded to their method of payment, but not the TA bit.

17 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

I wouldn’t do legal action. But I would do abta. They might not side with me but every complaint actually costs a company. 
im trying to be nice but after finding out today that hubby is on 80-% furlough we are going to need that money soon. I don’t really want to have to take mortgage holidays etc just cos a company is dragging its feet refunding me

I'm in agreement with you about not taking a mortgage holiday (that only means your payments increase after the 3 months as the term does not change) just because P&O aren't paying out on time, but I will take legal action if necessary because there are 2 salaries here down by 20%. I don't trust ABTA to do anything.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

I think the only thing that will move them now is the court of public opinion, bad publicity in the papers, news and or social media.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Completely opposite to what our ta has told us this morning. 

They categorically said that if you paid on card, you will be refunded by card, regardless of whether you booked direct or not. 

Not saying they are right, just repeating what a Chesterfield based cruise agent is telling people.

Andy 

That agent processes your payment directly through P&O’s agent website. P&O therefore collect the money from the card direct not the agent. P&O have your card details and will refund that way.

Contrast this to an agent that processes the card payment themselves into their own bank account and then forwards the funds onto P&O. P&O do not have your card details nor can they receive them from the agent. So a cheque will be issued to the address on your booking.

This is all why P&O usually refund agents and then get them to refund. It’s only cause it was perceived that so many agents were closed/short staffed that P&O chose to do it themselves this time.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

OK, so in our case, we pay the TA with credit card.  He pays P&O less his commission.  There is no way P&O can refund to my card as they don't have my card details.  TA also tells me P&O will refund me the net amount (less his commission) and then he will have to give me the rest.    It's all very odd.  Why wouldn't P&O refund to the TA and then let the TA refund me.

I understand why those who paid P&O direct will be refunded to their method of payment, but not the TA bit.

So a cheque is correct in your circumstances. P&O have said that agents can keep their commission so I would expect you get your full refund from P&O otherwise P&O have to make a commission payment separately to you agent.

As for why not refunding to agent, see previous post.

1 minute ago, molecrochip said:

That agent processes your payment directly through P&O’s agent website. P&O therefore collect the money from the card direct not the agent. P&O have your card details and will refund that way.

Contrast this to an agent that processes the card payment themselves into their own bank account and then forwards the funds onto P&O. P&O do not have your card details nor can they receive them from the agent. So a cheque will be issued to the address on your booking.

This is all why P&O usually refund agents and then get them to refund. It’s only cause it was perceived that so many agents were closed/short staffed that P&O chose to do it themselves this time.

Once again, thanks for the clarity molecrochip. 

From your last paragraph, even though it is taking a long time for P&O to issue refunds, it seems as though when they eventually arrive, they will be quicker than had they been issued to agents who are closed and may continue to be closed for some time. 

Is it only me annoyed at the fact the fcc has to be used for a new cruise. Looking for 2021 we would have a few hundred left over if we rebook. That would probably  go to waste, why we cannot convert remaining  balance to obc  is, to me, very annoying.  Because of this may adk for refund. 

I see that Cruise Critic have posted an interview with Paul Ludlow. They ask about using FCC on existing cruises but he doesn’t answer the question and they don’t even ask about the excessive delays to refunds that is causing so many of their site users such anxiety. Pathetic. 

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/5320/

Edited by Selbourne
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

So a cheque is correct in your circumstances. P&O have said that agents can keep their commission so I would expect you get your full refund from P&O otherwise P&O have to make a commission payment separately to you agent.

As for why not refunding to agent, see previous post.

Ah,, now that makes more sense.  If the TA is keeping the commission, then I would get the full amount.  It's beginning to make sense.  thanks.  The P&O person who I am in contact with, did tell me she would protect the TA commission at the time.

Edited by jeanlyon

29 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Once again, thanks for the clarity molecrochip. 

From your last paragraph, even though it is taking a long time for P&O to issue refunds, it seems as though when they eventually arrive, they will be quicker than had they been issued to agents who are closed and may continue to be closed for some time. 

That is hard to say - but if those agents had to stay open to get process refunds, they would have had no extra income for doing so and could not have furloughed their employees. So this was a better option for the majority of travel agents. Yes, the few big agents could have managed.

What is sure is that one route for all cash refunds is less susceptible to fraud than different rules for different agents. Hence why the only refund form to use is on P&O's website.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Maybe they think most of us with health issues or over 70 and won't be able to cruise again so no need to offer us good customer service and will target young families when they start to sail again.